It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivalist Weapon choice for long term defense and to feed yourself's.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

wow

i never got personal in my reply, just mentioning how lame a flintlock is. And mentioning "people" in general would be lass anxious if better trained, and that skeet shooting would benefit someone with that whole flint lock reasoning your thread premise regards..

just to let you know, i am a former MARINE, (i stayed in margaritaville btw), [IMEF RECON BAT for those non-marines], honorably discharged and awarded medals.i have already been in 'defecation occurs' [shtf]. why go into a peepee contest with you? also i was a rescue operator in the coast guard after that,, been all around the Bering strait, boarding cartel vessels, etc...

so are you a Marine? or Aren't Ready Marines Yet? ARMY

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have bolt action .308, semi auto .22, and break action 20 GA for long guns and a 9mm and .380 for CQB. I have a few thousand rounds of .22 and enough supplies to hand load my .308 for years to come. As far as 20GA goes, i have boxes and boxes and more boxes are cheap. the only things i'm short on are my 9mm and .380. I know how to dress and butcher deer as well as other small animals which are fairly abundant in my area. I also have the knowledge to do what i need to make the long guns keep their mouths shut while doing what i'm doing. And i only have a wife with enough knowledge of farming and gardening she puts in to practice every year and a son who is a bit too young to really help out but will be properly trained when the time comes. Do i fear the collapse of society? NO.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

You don't throw a spear, that's a javlin, and yes a tomahawk is very useful. Ideally I would have both.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra

A slingshot. WTH? A squirrel a day, maybe a rabbit if you are lucky? Ever killed anything with a slingshot, or for that matter a blow gun? I have, and its a pain.

Indeed, it takes alot of practice to effectively use these 2 weapons, but practice is part of the fun in learning.

With that said, I have used these 2 weapons in tandem to kill several pesky raccoons and 1 annoying skunk (NOT recommended!
).

I use the blowgun to injure (and in 1 case kill) then deliver the killshot with the wristrocket. Birds are another type of food that can be had with these.

As an aside, these two are a good option for any kind of trekking occasions, for providing sustenance, when capping large game is just a waste.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
actually, all you need is a few large rat traps and you can catch all the squirrels and rabbits you could ever want to eat

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I was going to say Americans are lucky to have assault rifles within their reach. But if the whole 2012 bit does happen, il be able to walk around (Australia) without people firing X amount of bullets a minute at me.

Personally im going to try learn as much as i can about a martial art, probably self defence, and buy myself a nice knife, sharpening stone and learn some survival tactics as i plan to get out of cities and find a nice little secluded place.

Ima go eat me some kangaroos now

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
cross-bow and a machete,if i had to chose one i would choose the machete because i can't open a coconut with a cross-bow

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join