It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Decides to Ban Time Travel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

In China… well, in China, many weird things happen. The Chinese government, in another strange episode, has decided to ban time travel. Well, at least when it comes to television shows and movies. With the way things are run, the state controls and monitors everything shown on your television or your computer. So yeah, China can randomly go back in time and say Marty McFly never existed. Scary, huh? The Doc would be furious. Fortunately, that's not what they're saying. But somehow the government has taken a sudden disliking to the idea of distorting certain historical events, things and people. (Cough.)

Ban Time Travel
Oh the Chinese and their goofy ideas. Does America have a ban on time travel? I wonder if one exists. Thoughts?
edit on 13-4-2011 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/14/2011 by yeahright because: Staff edit to replace "quote" tags with "ex" tags

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
no, i imagine that if the tech was here, the U.S. would be the only ones "allowed" to use it....no one else allowed to time travel, under penalty of HAARP.
edit on 13-4-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It's probably a further attempt to eradicate the Falun Gong. They claim some kind of time travel through "cultivation".

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
By coincidence, I read an article in another forum just the other day about Doctor Who. It cast a entirely new light on scriptwriters being required to satisfy an established agenda. According to the article, all went according to plan until the writers were under pressure to produce an extra-long episode which -- allegedly -- escaped the scrutiny of the overseers (a bit the way my posts are apparently being held-back and scrutinized by ATS since I revealed to the public at large some apparently little known facts about the Saudi funding of extremist, Wahhabist muslims into the West)

The uncensored episodes of Doctor Who went to air apparently and were recorded by fans. Thus, they're still out there

The majority of Doctor Who fans are completely unaware they were being programmed to accept certain agendas, according to claims doing the rounds online. Political programming, that is. Hidden behind futuristic stories which hold so many in thrall

The Chinese, however, are not as silly as they've been portrayed, and have seen fit, reportedly, to censor the Doc -- in much the same way, I guess, as Western governments and their parasitic controllers and underlings undertake to dumb down, censor and misinform we the free, lol

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Now the T-1000's wont be able to legally travel back in time to kill John Titor...

...errrr I mean John Connor

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm curious If China is the first national government to outlaw time travel, does this mean that someone, somewhere has made a breakthrough in time travel technology? Why bother to ban it if it isn't real? Do top dog elites sit around in China and other places and think about all this stuff? I wonder aren't their more important things to worry about than imaginary or unproven ideas like time travel? I really wish I knew what they know and won't tell the rest of us..I'm getting a little sick of the deceit.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e3112d00650.jpeg[/atsimg]

The Commies must know that we're on the verge of time travel technology! It's the only explanation!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
Does America have a ban on time travel?

No, but we have banned Oliver Twist before, and Vitamin B17.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I think this is hilarious. Does time travel insult Taoism or something? Any atheists have a valid reason to loathe time travel?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It's clear the Chinese don't want anyone to bring back Confucius and let him see how things have turned out.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think it may be that they don't want anyone to find out where they got the meat for the Hon Su Gui.

Second line (looking for the Pepto)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Thats my fault.

I came back from the future and told them to because it does'nt end well.

That group of chinese students you see miming the words to spice girls songs, grow up and design there own time machine. They then go back in time to the period before the spice girls got famous and one of them impregnates posh spice. Then when the spice girls make it big. Their son sung pang chin gets a coc aine habit and falls in to the hands of a militant pro democracy group called D.A.F.T ( democracy and fairness today). They come up with a plot to assasinate the the chinese premier when he meets the spice girls during there tour of the far east. This assasination is succesful and blaming the western powers. China opts for an all out nuclear war which brings about the end of the human race.

Its a tough job but someones got to do it. You can thank me later.

By the way, 2012 passes with nothing more than a nasty sunburn out break which effects the northern hemisphere. So buy plenty of sun block.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think its more like they dont want anybody going back to tianamin square ever again....
They are afraid of their own shadow these days what with the dictators of the world comming down everywhere........

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Someone goes back in time and reverses that ruling XD..... that would humorous. We should ban the usage of telekinetics on others, that and witchcraft.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
I'm curious If China is the first national government to outlaw time travel, does this mean that someone, somewhere has made a breakthrough in time travel technology? Why bother to ban it if it isn't real? Do top dog elites sit around in China and other places and think about all this stuff? I wonder aren't their more important things to worry about than imaginary or unproven ideas like time travel? I really wish I knew what they know and won't tell the rest of us..I'm getting a little sick of the deceit.

Good God. How old is this news, if true. Is it 3 days old, I wouldnt know.
Heck of a coincidence tho. Sorry cant say more

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
Thoughts?]

My thoughts, after having read every single posting so far is...

NONE OF YOU READ THE ARTICLE !!!!!!!!!!!

You, like the sheep you are, just knee jerk reacted to the headline.

Your government would be proud of you. Now they know you react to very simple impulses that are easy to tweak.

Pull the strings of a sensational headline and all ATS readers jump to attention like good little puppets.

The article is on time.com
It is a second hand reference to an article in the New York Times.
The New York Times article is a reference to a BLOG POSTING at chinahush.com
The blog posting refers to a statement by the General Bureau of Radio, Film and Television but fails to cite a reference.

Yes, you've all had your strings pulled by a third hand reference to a blog posting.
A blog posting that makes no mention of banning time travel.

If you're going to stop yourself being manipulated by TPTB, you're not doing a very good job so far.
Question everything.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
They haven't banned time travel, it just says they have banned it on TV. How can they ban something that may not be possible yet?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
They haven't banned time travel, it just says they have banned it on TV. How can they ban something that may not be possible yet?

And I think that I remember reading that they banned it on TV because people were using it as a loop-hole to criticize the current government.

It might be something along the lines of people going back in time and assassinating Chairman Mao and finding the future to be a better place.

I didn't actually read the article either

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Maybe they know something we don't?

There has to be a reason they are so scared to ban this, and I doubt it's from something they saw on TV.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join