It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening a can of worms, question for all of ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Ha ha. As I sip on my first cup of the morning now, I remember how back then I first saw the term, on the top of a leaflet being held up by 2 JWs at my door, who would not let any of us sleep in. Awake! The leaflet shouted, while all I really needed to do was to catch some more shuteye.

I saw it next with the coming of You Tube. It was in reference to the mainstream media and how they were not telling us the real story. Then it was used in connection with government, military ops, false flags, etc. So I credit everyone on YT for pointing out the deception to us. After that it was a simple step to find ATS.

Now I'm still on first coffee, and then I'll have my second, then I should be more awake. Leaflet anyone?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmar11
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I get what you're saying. Nobody knows everything, and nobody should ever claim to be knowledgeable or "awake" in that sense. But from my point of view I *do* feel as if I'm more aware than the average person (in my general area). I feel like I care more, and do know more in general about things because I care. I don't watch tv unless it's the news. In other words saying that I'm "aware" just means that I'm not all caught up in a bunch of useless things such as Glee, Lady Gaga, etc. I try to understand to the best of my ability what is going on in the world, because that is more important to me. I will never know what is going on, and neither will anyone else, but atleast I care and TRY to understand. My eyes are open in the sense that I know everything isn't perfect. I know there's more to life than pleasure, and I'm not a robot of society.
This is what convinces me of the arrogance and as such the ignorance in proclaiming one is aware or awake. What does TV shows have to do with it? How are you more aware of someone else? Understand what exactly? I can guarantee I "understand" everything you do and more, and I watch the thell out of my TV shows.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
When you can Understand the following riddle you have awoken the rest is simply being aware to what is behind the scenes and hidden from the minds eye.

"When the dream dreams the dreamer the dream is the real,
When the song sings the singer the spell will be relieved"

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
To me it means to be able to see the true intentions behind people`s (Corporations`) actions; the true state of the world/our society. Also, one should have at least a partial solution, a vision for a better futer for the world and himself, he needs to have an idea what should be changed and at least try to do something towards that change.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Please explain how that is arrogant. I don't think it's your job to judge that I'm arrogant because I actually care more about my surroundings than play-time.

If I had said "I'm better than everyone else because I'm aware of my surroundings" then yes that would make me arrogant.

Have a great day.
edit on 14-4-2011 by tmar11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
To be "awake" is to be aware and to value the truth above all.
To hell with apathy and to hell with political correctness.

That is all. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think it's a two-part question.

(a) What does the person who uses the term think it means

(b) When we see the term used, what do we think the person using it means

In general, and more often than not, when I see the term used, it appears the user is implying you're somehow inferior if you don't see things their way. The hardcore cold war dudes used to refer to this as a "blind spot". If you didn't agree with their view, then you had a blind spot that was rendering you incapable of seeing "reality".

So, to the Dulles brothers 50 years ago, you had a blind spot. To the current crop of whatevers, if you disagree, you're not "awake".

Personally, I have about as much affinity for the term as I do "sheeple". Anyone using either has me tuning out much of whatever they're going on about.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 4/14/2011 by yeahright because: Tags

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmar11

Please explain how that is arrogant. I don't think it's your job to judge that I'm arrogant because I actually care more about my surroundings than play-time.

If I had said "I'm better than everyone else because I'm aware of my surroundings" then yes that would make me arrogant.

Have a great day.
edit on 14-4-2011 by tmar11 because: (no reason given)
I didnt mean you in particular, but in general. In general I don't think anyone is truly any more aware than anyone else, but they just think they are. Maybe some people might have a better education, perhaps. I dont like the term much myself, but of course is your right to believe otherwise. Didn't mean to offend, sorry about that.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I don't like the way a lot of people here use "awake," as if it was an all-or-nothing state, or as if you "either get it or you don't." Obviously everyone is awake to some things and not as aware of others. Ultimately we are all just feeling our way forward all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join