It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening a can of worms, question for all of ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This thread is an attempt to figure out what "awake" means to all of you. In the conspiracy community we like to throw that word around quite a bit, but I'm curious as to what some of your interpretations may be. I've seen someone with a Diet Coke in their hand telling someone else that they've been awake for years. I've seen someone claim they're awake and then prove they know nothing about the real "war on drugs". I've seen....IT ALL.... (when it comes to the hypocrisy of being "awake")

I understand that it is only an opinion at the end of the day, but what I want to know is how can someone who spent a few hours online reading who knows what, claim they are awake?It baffles me, especially since I never claim to be awake and all knowing, even though I probably have more knowledge than the average Joe. Saying things like "It feels good to be awake" just goes to show how in the dark you probably are.

Before anyone flames me because they think I'm attacking them personally, I'd like to point out that the most beautiful people in the world would never say they are pretty, the most loyal people never brag about their good deeds, and the most educated people never act as if they know it all. My point/question is how can anyone that is truly "awake" ever say things like "I'm awake" To me it's a huge oxy-moron / sign of immaturity, but I am curious to hear your thoughts and opinions.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

We can truly say we are Awake when we admit we know nothing in reality.... the whole worlds a show. The Universe thats a different level altogether
edit on 13-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Worms! Worms everywhere!

No I just gotta grab some of 'em and go fishin'!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Being aware of the lies and deception all around us. "Thinking, questioning and analyzing" things through instead just believing what we are told and closing our eyes. Being open to the possibilities of other things instead of closing our minds.
That is what it is to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Your question confuses me. You mean like when you're asleep, and then in the morning your alarm goes off and the cats want you to feed them? Yeah, I do that all the time. So why do you ask? Is this like a test or something?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It sounds like the intelligent thing to say.

The word awake seems to mean enlightened.

I think that some are slowly waking up.

The "Awakening" is in it's infancy.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Worms! Worms everywhere!

No I just gotta grab some of 'em and go fishin'!

LOL, going by most threads on ATS, I'm assuming this will turn into a nasty thread where people start bickering over who's more awake than the others.

Either that or it will die off quietly like the Republic

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Your question confuses me. You mean like when you're asleep, and then in the morning your alarm goes off and the cats want you to feed them? Yeah, I do that all the time. So why do you ask? Is this like a test or something?

Joke right?

Right????!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
A wise man realizes he knows nothing

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I am awake right now. But not for long...

Becasue everytime i think i am "awake", everytime i think i understand the world around me, is just about the time i come across another peice of information that shakes the core of my thoughts.
Perhaps being "awake" is a combination of the ability to realize and accept that we are wrong and know nothing and at the same time having the willingness to expand our knowledge and accept new information.

Off to bed now, early mornin for me
good question

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Awake = aware, IMO. I think a lot of people on this site (like me) think that they are more aware than most people around them. For instance, nobody around me in AR even cares about the earthquakes going on, volcanoes, government, ANYTHING. All of them are too worried about partying, eating dinner, and the coolest tv show (American Idol, Glee, etc.). I'm really not sure how claiming to be more "awake" than others around me would make me or anyone else claiming to be awake "immature". But to each their own, I suppose?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
You ask that question after say this!:::

"even though I probably have more knowledge than the average Joe."

Can you point out for those of us less than average the difference between someone saying they are "awake" and your self-identifying term?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I knew someone was going to get me for that line, in my own defense I did say probably

The only reason I say that is because of the amount of friends and family I have that don't pay attention to anything relevant, and then are in shock and awe when I explain to them whatever it is they don't understand. Not trying to brag or boast or anything like that because it's just not me but I feel very comfortable with the amount of knowledge in my brain, doesn't necessarily make me "awake" though...Maybe informed is a better word to describe myself, because I really do feel like i stay on top of current events, know my history, and seem to understand most of what goes on in this world. But you'll never hear me claim to be "awake", NEVER

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Personally I do not like using the term, and find it arrogant to brag one is awake. Really? How wide are your eyes? Give me a break, until my dying last breath I will not be fully awake, because until that moment my quest and thirst for knowledge will never be sated!

I do not see how anyone can be awake. We are all searching, I find the term to be used by new age charlatans a lot.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yes. Definitely a joke. Dammit, I gotta figure out how to use those stupid little emoticon things. They never seem to work for me.

So while I'm at it, I guess I should say something about what I consider "awake" to mean. I'm constantly trying to figure out what to believe and what not to believe. And how to do the work to get there. It can be really gratifying when you start to "get it."

I've also noticed that I sometimes can't seem to form a solid opinion on a given topic. But you know what? It's perfectly fine not to force yourself to have an opinion. Maybe you mull it for awhile and you come to an opinion later, maybe you don't. Either way's good.

So yeah--if I'm not awake yet at least I'm getting there....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I get what you're saying. Nobody knows everything, and nobody should ever claim to be knowledgeable or "awake" in that sense. But from my point of view I *do* feel as if I'm more aware than the average person (in my general area). I feel like I care more, and do know more in general about things because I care. I don't watch tv unless it's the news. In other words saying that I'm "aware" just means that I'm not all caught up in a bunch of useless things such as Glee, Lady Gaga, etc. I try to understand to the best of my ability what is going on in the world, because that is more important to me. I will never know what is going on, and neither will anyone else, but atleast I care and TRY to understand. My eyes are open in the sense that I know everything isn't perfect. I know there's more to life than pleasure, and I'm not a robot of society.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a·wake   /əˈweɪk/ Show Spelled
[uh-weyk] Show IPA

verb, a·woke or a·waked, a·woke or a·waked or a·wo·ken, a·wak·ing, adjective
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)

1. to wake up; rouse from sleep: I awoke at six with a feeling of dread.

2. to rouse to action; become active: His flagging interest awoke.

3. to come or bring to an awareness; become cognizant (often followed by to ): She awoke to the realities of life.
–adjective

4. waking; not sleeping.

5. vigilant; alert: They were awake to the danger.

dictionary.reference.com...

The definition speaks for itself and for me aswell.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
When someone uses the term awake, I assume they are speaking of how "they" compare themselves to those that surround them. I dont think that its arrogant, as long as its accurate. You may know about current events, and someone who you think is not awake can be very well versed in something else.

It all depends on who your talking about, and what "their" talking about. Its just a form of comparison that each individual shows in order to see where they stand. Its human nature, thats all.

Like they say "you can walk the walk... but can you talk the talk"?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The worms crawl in the worms crawl out,
the worms play pinochle on your snout.
If you should ever hear a hearse go by and wonder when you are gone to die.
They wrap you up in a clean white sheet and bury you down about six feet,
oh the worms crawl in the worms crawl out the worms play pinochle on your snout.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join