It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012- Simplified arguments. For or Against?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hello all, how goes it? Name is Will, I don't post very much, but I have been thinking about this all day.

Well, if you were to look at my information, you can see that I am Sixteen years old. I am a Junior in High School, and I can tell you.. Being 'awake' is amazing. I love just knowing that there is so much more to this life than anyone else knows, and that there is still so much more to learn.

But it's really hard to be awake. Its hard to do math, knowing how useless it is. To learn about stocks in Personal Finance, or to do pointless Photoshop jobs in Business Technology. I really hate it, and I rarely do my work
I still pass my classes, but if something is pointless (learning the difference between common and preferred stock), I don't do it.

But any ways, onto the point. I suppose you can say that I don't like society. Like anyone else who is 'awake', they are hoping for a crash. I am so glad that there will be an economic crash soon, I am tired of this stupid system, with pointless money, and ridiculous brainwashed people.

But I am hoping for any shift in consciousness. Anything that could turn this world around. I assume you too are hoping for this.

But the question is; Do you believe a major shift of some sort would happen in 2012? Anything, from Nibiru showing up, to a galactic plane alignment. And give some evidence.

Personally, I think something big WILL happen in 2012. I hope with every bone in my body that this system is broke, and people wake up. i don't know what will happen, but there is so much unexplained energy, it's too much to dismiss. Not to mention the insanely complicated crop circles that illustrate DNA shifts, planetary alignments, and Binary code that are responses to our signals sent out into space.

I hope.. man oh man I hope..

By the way, I love the OLD Star Wars so much more than the new ones.

EDIT: Also, please keep your explanations simple. I made this thread so we can just compare everyone's ideas in one place, and get a general shape of beliefs. I am really interested in what you guys have to say!
edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Too many threads on this already.

Nothing will happen in 2012, beyond the normal array of natural disasters, man made disasters, and just wacko ideological people doing things out of the norm because they think something will happen.

The Mayan calendar ends. So What? The Mayans knew that the stars' positions in the sky reset every 25,000 years or so, and they had a calendar for this cycle.

My watch has a twelve hour cycle. Why? Because we know that the same 12 hours repeats.

I don't have a new watch for every 12 hours, why should the Mayans have another calendar? Why not just use the same one over?

As far as the big "galactic alignment" due to happen Dec 21 2012, you should talk to some astrologers. The astrological alignment is a myth. There is no alignment of any significance at any time in 2012.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Of course old star wars is better! haha but ya its a crazy feelin being awake. Ive opend so many of my friends eyes they have personally told me they wish they could go back. me i really look at the bigger picture like life on other planets and the possibilites of endless space! it goes out in all directions infinitely and any thing can be there. but when it comes to illuminati and government control and crashes... not much we can do as a single person. were just along for the ride. i hope somethin happens in 2012 too. hopefully something that opens peoples eyes to the real meaning of life and not the corruption!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I keep having this unshakable anxiety about something approaching earth, that may cause catastrophic environmental changes. I hope I'm wrong.
I like ALL George Lucas's Star Wars movies. Hard for me to pick a fave. The last one about Anakin becoming Vader, was like watching a William Shakespeare play. Was awesome, with the most ancient of humanity's archetypes.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

Make something happen.... Learn. Be your own person, try and stay possitive on your outlooks. Be good and do good things for people and your self. Take care of your family and loved ones.
Be good.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

As far as anxiety, I am not having very much. It's more of an excitement, happy that this system could be gone for good. I am leaning towards the side that something positive will happen in 2012. I mean, doom would be just as fun, but I just think something positive will happen.

Also, something I find extremely interesting is the crop circles that have complex DNA structures in them, or Binary code, with alien face. It means something, and it points towards 2012.

I hope! I HOPEEE!!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WillNiendick

But it's really hard to be awake. Its hard to do math, knowing how useless it is. To learn about stocks in Personal Finance, or to do pointless Photoshop jobs in Business Technology. I really hate it, and I rarely do my work
I still pass my classes, but if something is pointless (learning the difference between common and preferred stock), I don't do it.

I really enjoyed reading your post, but the above quote really makes it hard to believe you are "awake". You sound well on the path to awakening, and you're probably light years ahead of most of your generation, but at 16 years old, you haven't experienced enough to say Math is useless.

Math is a core principle of life, it exists in everything. Secret societies teach sacred mathematics for a reason, it is the code of all existence. At 16, I wouldn't have been able to grasp this concept, but you will soon enough. The best thing to do at your age is to learn about EVERYTHING. You can decide later whats forgettable and whats not. ATS motto is to deny ignorance, and thinking something is pointless will often lead you to dismiss the whole concept without any investigation.

With that said, I still envy the fact that kids these days are waking up faster and younger. When I was 16, well....lets just say I'm not too proud of that era of my life, but I did learn a ton of things that I thought were pointless, reflecting back now, I don't know where I'd be without my knowledge.

As for 2012, I believe something monumental will happen, I just don't know what it will be. Most signs are pointing towards WW3, but then again Comet Elenin, CMEs, Global Financial Collapse any one of these could be the big 2011/2012 event. We'll know soon enough...

edit on 4/13/2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Haha thank you for your honest opinion!

I didn't mean that Math was useless, even though that is what I said, I just mean that it's more of a way to be precise with things. For example, without proper equations, buildings would collapse, and people would die. That would be bad.

but I suppose what I am trying to get at is the fact that Math is more or less a human concept, that we created. Yes, you can argue that it has great importance, (which it does!) but to me it doesn't

I have pretty bad dyslexia, and I suppose you could say I have AD-HD. I can get anything but Math done. I can add numbers great in my head, and multiply really fast. It's just when you get into Algebra equations, I just find it pointless. I will never use it, I am going into Health Science most likely, and I don't think I will ever have to graph a linear equation of an orange in the grocery store

But thanks for your opinion on the thread, and my post. I appreciate it!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
First I would like to suggest that your read raiders post again. It sounds like good advice.
Second, whaddaya think your doing here kid??? Watching a move???
Shocked?? Ok I take it back. I just wanted to rattle you a second.
This awake thing you are so excited about. From the way you describe it, it sounds a bit like the way I felt 50 years ago. Yes 50 years ago. And 2012? I've been watching it come for longer than you have been alive, and you know what? In many ways I feel as unenlightened today as I did yesterday and the day before.

So once again, taking heed of Raiders suggestions sounds wise to me. And just don't get to excited because, well, others will explain that to you by and by.

Good fortune

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

no offense,nut you say you hate the system and how it works and you hope it crashes soon? how long have you been in the workforce or the "real world" to have come to this conclusion? my advice to you bud,is start doing your work,get good grades and go to college...you cant always listen to what you hear,especially on here...you need to start hoping for the best but expect the worst..so keep going like you would if you didnt know what you do now but just keep it in mind and plan on what you might do if the shtf...nobody knows fo sure whats gonna happen...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Not to snub your optimism, but you should take your school work seriously and learning about society, especially in the case that nothing happens 2012 aside from the few crazy people who will do something stupid. But you need to understand what you need to change. You sound like someone who needs a lot more experience in the real world!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Anytime brother.

Not sure if I agree on Math being a human invention though, sure we invented the numbers and values, but Math exists in Nature with or without man. Think of cell mitosis, think of chromosomes, there are so many things in Nature that involve doubling/halfing, which essentially is multiplication/division. As for the the algebraic formulas and all, yes chances are you wont use that knowledge for your desired field, but it is great exercise for the brain, and teaches you critical thinking skills, not to mention improves the Neuron functionality in the brain. I'm not saying you have to learn algebra, not at all, but its' concepts and repetition will only help you in other areas of life.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm really glad to see that people around my age are waking up lol. it's a beautiful thing to see. I took the red pill just about a year ago now. From what I've researched about the whole "2012" thing, i've come to the conclusion that yes indeed, something big WILL happen. People are going to die...BUT, it's not going to be the end of the world. I think it becomes clearer once you start studying the ages.

We are in the age of "pisces" right now, transitioning into the age of "aquarius." the age of aquarius is known as "the age of spiritual enlightenment," the period in which a mass awakening is supposed to occur. even if you study the true meaning of the word "Armageddon" it means "revelation" or "truth."

The Greek title of the book, apokalupsis, means “disclosure: appearing, coming, [en]lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation” and “a disclosure of truth, instruction, concerning divine things before unknown.”

The true meaning of armageddon was flipped-flopped into being something grim. This interpretation is kept alive by the movie industry, conjuring up images of our demise in movies like "2012" "deep impact" "armageddon" etc. in order to perpetuate fear.

I am a firm believer that this terrible system, and the evil SOB's that run it are on their way out. Whether it's "lucifer" the devil or simply the evil greedy nature of men, they're desperate and their control is slipping. But hell, i guess we'll never know what's gonna happen until it happens. till then, guess I'm just speculating.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hey dude, I've been where you are - School is indoctrination based on lies (I dropped out when I was 17); I think you know that, and if you really are 16 (I could say I was a 47 year old trucker from Arkansas ;D) - I reckon you aren't really as 'young' as material reality and your peers might have you believing - If you haven't, perhaps look into reincarnation. I would say you've come here for a reason (and that is to say, this material plane of existence... and of course ATS
) I -as have countless others- have come here for the very same reason[s]. Lots of hard lessons, one would hope that a job well done would come with a decent paycheque - and I've never known the universe to be cheap - just humans. lol.
Just remember that existence is not limited to three dimensions - and if the change and continuation of such must be done outside of the 3rd, and that is to say your body. Dreams within dreams within dreams.. I could rant - I probably am now.

Also - I once shared your view on math - but take note that we live in an entirely mathematical universe, look into the Fibonacci sequence, fractal reality, the ratio of Phi and the human body/nature. Think about the similarities of the wave/particle behaviour of Photons, and contrast them binary code, or how the brilliant minds of the Quantum era have brought us unbelievable concepts such as quantum entanglement - absolutely liberating concepts; though it should be said that these concepts are perhaps three dimensional explanations of something far greater than equations, and perhaps best interpreted from a state of absolute consciousness.. err.. anyway.

2012 is a go, but it's most likely going to be absolutely insane, if not upon us by October this year - due to the Gregorian calendar being off and useless to us, no doubt to keep us off a natural cycle. Expect aliens, or a psyop involving aliens, more earthquakes, watch the magnetosphere and co-relate its behaviour to the sun's own activity.. they seem to be uncorrelated and further indicative of a larger planetary body in our solar system. Look into Hercolubus (at this point I am leaving notes for all who are interested) and VM Rabolu. Google/Wiki/MSky have all uniquely blocked out the IRAS overlay in constellation Virgo - after the fact editing is proof that each corp. was privy to full data and were given instruction to remove this part (where each chose a different method..) - what is further damning is that NASA has announced they are looking for Tyche - where VIRGO is the heavenly depiction of Tyche.

The Elite, the Powers that Be (and Beyond) are the same powers that genetically created us 6000 years ago in Sumer, it's not hard to understand when you cut away the trappings and imagery they camouflage themselves in - one must understand that Jesus was not Christ, but Caesar as Jupiter - and that is straight bloody fact, Islam was created by the Vatican (think Al Qaeda?) When you realise that the Pyramids are built in a way in which the future wasteland of humanity might figure out once more how to relate Phi to Pi, and that all of the world's mythology is really only based on a few people, mainly Enki, Enlil and their cohorts (and you realise that Zeus/Enlil/Jupiter has wiped out the human race several times already - you start to see that 2012 a little bit differently.

There's too much to discuss - long story short - buckle up. Have fun.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, in the whole rally of people that posted, here;

Yes. I do hate this system. I want it gone. I don't think we should have such an invasive and controlling force in our lives. The government is evil in many aspects, and they are a continuous perpetual force that designed themselves for a world they control.

Before you go and tell me that I need more experience in the real world, please consider my situation. I am a 16 year old, who pays attention to real world events, has a sense of morals, will not eat processed foods, does not touch meat, and preaches at school about how evil the media is.

I have plenty of experiences in the 'real world', and know how to handle people. yes, you can say that I should be doing my school work, but there is no way you can convince me to learn about things that are the root of evil. I don't want to learn about Stocks and Bonds. I don't want to know how to graph the function of X, and I sure as heck don't want to know about what happened on Jersey Shore last night.

I am a fellow ATS member, and I don't consider my opinion to be too far out there. i am hoping for a change in the system. I am hoping to see something different. Without hope, what do we have?

nothing.

And if you assume I am a crazy nut job teenager who doesn't understand what work is, you are wrong again. I have gone to work with my dad since I was 8, helping him do plumbing. Learning about the trade, how things work. Since I turned 16, I have had two jobs, both of which were horrible. I go running everyday, and excel myself in any physical activity. I compulsively work out, and I know what is good for my body, I know how to treat it, and I know why people feel so miserable about their self all the time.

Trust me, I don't need more experience in the real world. I have seen dogs skinned alive, true human nature, and witnessed most the idiots in our school get violent over the media. I may be young, but I am smart enough to know when people are wrong. Please, just because I am 16 does not mean that I am a naive idiot.

Sorry if I sounded like a jerk there, but I suppose I am a little defensive about my beliefs.

But anyways, I am wayyyy off topic

EDIT: Thank you for the other posters who agree. I appreciate everyone's opinions!
edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: klj

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
you seem like a you have social anxiety and maybe you should thake antidepressants, trust me even if you think they doesn't work, they work and makes you stop being so hateful towards anything.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
As far as any single, specific event attached to that exact date, I don't think anything is necessarily going to happen. The date itself is equivalent to the exact stroke of midnight, signifying the start of a new day, so to speak. It may be the case that there are still several hours of darkness before we see any light again, if I can continue that metaphor, as far as what the Mayans were indicating.

Our consciousness is going to continue to expand at an exponential rate though, unless WW3 or some other ridiculous calamity occurs, and maybe even despite that. We're accumulating so much new information from so many research institutions all over the world today, that our learning is taking off exponentially through the years. The full impact of what's being discovered today won't even be able to trickle down the economic and manufacturing systems without several more years to digest in peoples' minds.

new topics

top topics

join