It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pepe Escobar" - If the US Doesn't Pull Every Soldier from Iraq at Midnight, Dec. 31, 2011, Expec

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
www.garynull.com...

Part of it-
So this is what the Sadrists sent as a gift card to the "liberators"; you'd better leave our land by the end of 2011, for good, as agreed. Or else one of the Pentagon's ultimate nightmares will be back; a revived, revamped Mahdi Army unleashing guerrilla tactics.

Muqtada's gift card message - he continues to study theology in the Iranian holy city of Qom - was delivered via his spokesman Salah al-Obaidi and backed up by a million-man-march across Baghdad. The masses came from all over Iraq's south and from Diyala province to the east (the crowds were smaller because security closed off streets and bridges leading to the rally, near a US military base.)

The message came like clockwork, just one day after Pentagon head Robert Gates visited northern Iraq to convince the Nuri al-Maliki government to, well, keep occupying the country to an indefinite future. By then, the US State Department had already announced it wanted to keep an army of mercenaries and what could amount to thousands of bureaucrats in the largest US Embassy in the world. The mercenaries allegedly will protect the bureaucrats. Talk about American exceptionalism.

sorry if this is a repost (i searched) or in the wrong place.

I have never heard of this guy before, but he seems serious about wanting the US out.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

he got the ball rolling before and I think he was accomodated....
now if the accomodations he/ the peeps were promised aren't delivered
back to the
bullet...erm
ballet box...

of course there has to be something to stop the flow of oil
to drive the price up....
muslim unrest and violence around the mid east oil producers
sounds like the plan as stated by Wesly Clark a couple of years ago
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Expect more violence against the government and civilians as the US deadline reaches, this will force the Iraqi government to rethink the deadline, at the request of US obviously.

I have been predicting this violence for a long time, and I'm quiet certain it is about to come. I hope not, but what other option does the US have?

Although the embassy of 17000 agents is a good enough permanent base, but there has to be more lol..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
A million man march across Baghdad?

Do you have any documentation to back this claim up? I've not seen a single thing about this online from ANY source, or in the media (but I wouldn't expect MSM to cover something like this anyway).

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
the US needs to get their asses out of the middle east and quit wasting our tax dollars on goddamn oil and use that money for air car and water car technology. we wouldn't be in this financial mess with the chinese if that retard bush and obama hadn't blew our money on murdering innocent people

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Muktada el Sadr iis the religious leader of the shiite majority of the iraqi population.
His private army was enough to turn the war.
They refused to fight with the Sunni insurgency.Iran and the Muktada guy are tight.
Its entirely possible that between Iranian army and the shiites they could give the allies a bloody run for the oil.
They have the people, just not the guns.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

they may not have the guns but i bet more than a few other countries would be willing to supply them. probably free of charge too...Russians would always be good for the supply of weapons...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
the US needs to get their asses out of the middle east and quit wasting our tax dollars on goddamn oil and use that money for air car and water car technology....

Aww, look...another dreamer...ain't it cute?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

"A mortar attack has rocked a US military base in southern Iraq, with the number of possible casualties still unknown.

This is the third such attack on US forces in Iraq over the past week. On Sunday, three rockets targeted a US camp in Diwaniyah, a city south of the capital Baghdad.
"
www.presstv.ir...

Let the violence begin.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Muktada el Sadr iis the religious leader of the shiite majority of the iraqi population.
His private army was enough to turn the war.
They refused to fight with the Sunni insurgency.Iran and the Muktada guy are tight.
Its entirely possible that between Iranian army and the shiites they could give the allies a bloody run for the oil.
They have the people, just not the guns.....

You are right except for one thing. al-Sadr's Mahdi Army got it's ASS KICKED by US and Iraqi army forces in Basra, Karbala, and Najaf, which is why he's been hiding out in Iran lo these many years.

On June 6, 2004, Muqtada al-Sadr issued an announcement directing Mahdi Army to cease operations in Najaf and Kufa. Remnants of the militia soon ceased bearing arms and halted the attacks on U.S forces. Gradually, militiamen left the area or went back to their homes. On the same day, Brigadier General Mark Hertling, a top US commander in charge of Najaf, Iraq, stated "The Muqtada militia is militarily defeated. We have killed scores of them over the last few weeks, and that is in Najaf alone. [...] The militia have been defeated, or have left."[3] June 6 effectively marked the end of Shi'ite uprising.

The total number of Mahdi Army militiamen killed in the fighting across Iraq is estimated at between 1,500 and 2,000.[citation needed] The return of Najaf to Iraqi security forces following the cease-fire left Sadr City as the last bastion of Mahdi Army guerrillas still pursuing violent resistance. Clashes continued periodically in the district following the end of the Najaf-Kufa battles. On June 24, Mahdi Army declared an end to operations in Sadr City as well, effectively ending militia activity, at least for the time being. After the June 4 truce with the occupation forces, al-Sadr took steps to disband the Mahdi Army. en.wikipedia.org...

al-Sadr is an utter failure as a military commander. The only reason he's still alive is because he's been hiding in Iran "studying the Koran." If he had an cojones at all, he would have stayed in Iraq and fought for his beliefs; but he's a coward, and a loudmouth with no skill or desire to back up what he says.
edit on 4/13/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
the insurgency was BOUGHT off
thats where all the missing skids of money went

al-Sadr is an utter failure as a military commander. The only reason he's still alive is because he's been hiding in Iran "studying the Koran." If he had an cojones at all, he would have stayed in Iraq and fought for his beliefs; but he's a coward, and a loudmouth with no skill or desire to back up what he says.

from the above post
heh heh
change the local to south america the book to an upside down kids book and you have bush Bush in a nut shell

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I completely agree. I'm surprised he hasn't been killed. He got his azz handed to him. I would like to see the troops come home. American MSM doesn't even bother covering their efforts anymore and the rest of the population simply stopped supporting them because gas prices went up. When some clown get's a video like a training exercise it's twisted into some criminal act that they supposedly committed. And then when someone over there snap's or commits treason it's covered by all news outlets. I'm sure Gates has no intentions of prolonging troop deployments. However it's really stupid to give your enemy an ETA when your leaving. Notice they guy was shacking up in Iran. They historically have been two countries that hate each other. Why well religion of course.

The sheep will only believe in what the troops were doing over there when the terrorist's (no not funded by the CIA) finally do get through our security again and kill more sheep. Then some of the sheep will through their own warped minds will preach that our government is actually responsible. It's all really sad.

Semper Fi
edit on 4/13/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If the Middle East is not already severely depopulated by the end of this year then I am going to do it myself, how is that towel head?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I suspect it's in response to this:

Pentagon's second thoughts on Iraq withdrawal

Eight months shy of its deadline for pulling the last American soldier from Iraq and closing the door on an 8-year war, the Pentagon is having second thoughts.

Reluctant to say it publicly, officials fear a final pullout in December could create a security vacuum, offering an opportunity for power grabs by antagonists in an unresolved and simmering Arab-Kurd dispute, a weakened but still active al-Qaida or even an adventurous neighbor such as Iran.

The U.S. wants to keep perhaps several thousand troops in Iraq, not to engage in combat but to guard against an unraveling of a still-fragile peace.

msnbc

That's from April 10th, two days later we have the response from Pepe.

My poorly received thread related to this

top topics

join