It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Time Human Trafficking Global Map (Live)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Live Map at the bottom of this post.

First,

I am well aware of Human Trafficking and the stain it is on our society. I am also well aware that this is not a new subject and that it can be traced back to the origins of human existence.

I wanted to put a new, digital age spin on it and maybe drive it home to those that may not be aware of how wide spread it truly is.

Slavery, Prostitution, Debt Servitude, whatever...it's all the same as far as I'm concerned. And that is the buying and selling Human beings like livestock.

This map shows not only these instances in real time but also shows rescues, court cases, reported deaths while in captivity, police actions and new laws...as well as a lot of other info on the subject.

There is also a live feed on Organ Trafficking that sometimes, not always can be tied to Human Trafficking.

It's not a pretty subject and a lot of us (Myself Included) have turned the channel or flipped the page when confronted with it head on. The truly sad thing is that it happening in our neighborhoods and we don't even see it. It's hardly ever reported on the MSM and as you will see, you could fill an entire news hour just in N. America alone.

This map brought to light just how wide spread it really is and when I look at it and realize that every little flashing icon is related to human misery, well in short I am shocked.

Anyway, not a rant or a call to arms but rather just a heads up to something we all should be more aware of.

Second, a Global Map showing Countries and their efforts to address the issue:

Green: Full compliance with the minimum standards of the Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA)

Yellow: Significant efforts to comply with TVPA

Orange: Countries whose governments do not fully comply with the TVPA’s minimum standards, but are making significant efforts to bring themselves into compliance with those standards

Red: No efforts to comply with TVPA

Here is the Live Map:

human.globalincidentmap.com...
edit on 13-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is a sad thing it is.
Wish we could sell love and hugs instead of people.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg
reply to post by jude11

This is a sad thing it is.
Wish we could sell love and hugs instead of people.

What really gets me is the live map that looks like an airport traffic control center.

Sad indeed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What I don't get is if they have SO MUCH information about how often and where it is happening.
Then why doesn't someone do something about it?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg
reply to post by jude11

What I don't get is if they have SO MUCH information about how often and where it is happening.
Then why doesn't someone do something about it?

I know what you mean but as in every other form of crime, there are more of them then there are police.

And remember, this has been going on forever. The methods and means are so sophisticated as well as the cross-border issue for the law...well it's a losing battle it seems.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
As long as there's a market for sex, there'll be sex trafficking. Everyone may think that just one person not partaking in it isn't helping but it in fact is. In a bucket of water, there's many drops of water. One drop may not seem like much, but it is everything.

What's sad is how there's so much 'outrage' about it yet nothing is done. It's just talk. Nothing will get done either until people choose not to partake in it. They've bought off the police because it's a lucrative business. The police follow the highest bidder and put on a show of protecting the public for marketing reasons. Choosing not to support that vile filth on an individual level makes all the difference and shows you recognize it and doing the most you can for it to end.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
As long as there's a market for sex, there'll be sex trafficking. Everyone may think that just one person not partaking in it isn't helping but it in fact is. In a bucket of water, there's many drops of water. One drop may not seem like much, but it is everything.

Agreed and nice post.

Although the sex trade is usually the one that gets notice with a MSM 'Special Report', I am so angry that the child labor issues are not looked at in the same light.

Every single one of us know that companies from Nike to Wal-Mart have and may still be involved in this practice in order to put running shoes, t-shirts and coffee in our houses.

The Sex-Trade gets more attention due to the fact that it's sex...plain and simple. Kids are often overlooked if they are in cramped factories working 20 hr days unless they are child sex slaves.

Our Corporations wouldn't have anything to do with sex slaves as that's the ultimate taboo for them but child labor is skimmed over, not only by courts but by people in general in order to not disrupt our life-line to cheap goods.

IMO.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Human trafficking: see:. Terrorism.

It's a new topic that has picked up a lot of steam lately. But most of the steam involves legislative bills.

Something that has gone on since the beginning of time but has never been curbed. Are they addressing the effects of it, or looking at the root causes?

Well, what else but ignore the causes....

new topics

top topics

join