It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gold/silver retailer in NJ/PA/NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hello I bought some gold in spain when it was $1200 but since things seem to accelerate, I would like to buy some more silver/gold in the US. I an in new jersey right now and I would like to know if anyone know a good place to buy. Apparently gold coins are overpriced (I'm thinking about american eagles), and retailers probably try to rip you off as much as possible, so what do you do ? I would prefer silver (as it's going to rise much more).

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ur wasting ur time.
buy food, water and ammo.

edit on 4/13/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I can't. It would take too much space. I need someone I can carry with me and that is not degradable. And you can sell gold/silver at any time if you need money.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So you arent going to buy food to get you through the SHTF scenario, but will use your gold and silver coins to get food, is that what your saying?
I would love to see how your expecting someone to make change for that loaf of bread you want, when all you have are gold and silver coins.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I must agree with the other responders. In a SHTF scenario gold or silver will not be of any use but to smelt down into bullets. Water, Food, Weapons & Ammo are the items that will have value when barter becomes the mode of trade. Think of what people will need and that will become the barter item to invest in. The return on investment will be greater than any piece of metal.

I see that you find yourself in NJ. That is going to be a very difficult place to survive a SHTF event anyway.

I am going to give you a break, Icky.

So, for your “hedge” against hyper-inflation Silver is a good choice.

I purchased one more ounce today, however I already have a store of water and food.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i can make food, i cant make silver or gold

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i can make food, i cant make silver or gold
edit on 13-4-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

Keep this on the down low, but I own a Golden Bridge in Brooklyn and some beautiful swamp land in Florida that is inhabited by elfs who grant wishes. I could sell you some of the bridge but I only take cash, nothing larger than a twenty and only non sequential bills (I'm superstitous). I'm part albino and I'm really shy so you have to meet me alone in the dark to exchange wealth.

Seriously, do you honestly think this is the best place to find reputable prescious metals dealers? Contact the better business bureau or local chamber of commerce, they can give you the names of individuals with positive ratings.
Also, take the free advice from members posting here, I would rethink a strategy that does not include basic necessities.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I've bought some stuff from here. A bit pricey on some items, but delivery is on time or sooner
Scottsdale Silver and as others have stated in a SHTF situation it's true this would be mostly worthless, but if you use it in time to stock up on other items, say when hyperinflation is in its prime-ish, you'd do well with such things.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Give the OP a break. Every time someone asks about gold or silver someone just HAS to jump in with the 'can't eat it' comment. I would also advise to store food, at least 6 months worth, but at least try to answer his question.

If we have a SHTF there will be people willing to trade shiny metal for stuff. It has always been that way and will always be that way. Maybe not RIGHT at first but they will. Remember Katrina with people running through flood waters with tv's and other junk?

Or, just as important, it stores value.

If the dollar collapses and your 3 months of food runs out what do you do to get more? Most people who talk of growing their own food are deluding themselves. Unless you are currently growing enough to feed you and your family what will you eat while your waiting for your crops to mature, if you can even get them to grow? Those with longer supplies will be better off but what you store will eventually run out.

If you have gold or silver stored it will retain that wealth that the dollars have lost.

You need food. What used to cost 50 - 60 dollars now costs 500 - 600 dollars (or more). Do you have thousands and thousands stored away just to be able to buy food for 6 months while (if) things turn around?

Same with gold or silver. If your food goes up ten fold the precious metals will likely follow. That silver eagle you paid 40 dollars for today might be worth 400 if the shtf while your $10 bill is worth $1, or 10¢. While everyone else uses up their last dollars, you have preserved your wealth and can exchange it for whatever currency now hold value, whether that be an actual new currency or food and medicine. The exchange may not be 1:1 but it will be much better than what you can get for dollars.

Anyway, to the OP... You really should get at least a little food for storage, even if it's just a few cases of MRE's. Then get some precious metals. I don't know anyone in your area but have used APMEX to buy online. Their prices are reasonable, they ship quickly, have a good selection, and allow you to buy small quantities. Many of the online dealers might have slightly better prices but you must buy much larger quantities.

new topics

top topics

join