It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse and the New Madrid Fault Also A Little Free Advertising For ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

On March 9, beginning in the Big Bend region of Florida, reports filtered in from various sources, reporting a strange rumbling noise. The sound was described by witnesses as being similar to a freight train. Over the next 10 days or so, the sounds were reported all over the eastern United States, and even globally. The National Weather Service, in an attempt to explain the sounds, suggested it was a phenonemon known as 'ducting', in which thunder bounces off a stable atmospheric layer above the ground, and causing sound to travel great distances.

Eventually, some of these noises were captured on video and posted on YouTube, eerie slices of mysterious life that prompted speculation on alternative news boards the world over. One such board, Above Top Secret, created entire discussion threads surrounding the phenomenon, with one user, screen-named 'Under Water' creating a preliminary map of the incidents in the U.S.

Just thought I would thank MemoryShock for the nice post I got from Him/Her today...I put Him/Her because I don't know if it is a he or a she...Found this post and it mentioned ATS so I thought I would post it as a thank you.... "Thank You"..I'm behaving Now....lol....

Entire Article Below:

______beforeitsnews/story/550/177/Apocalypse_and_the_New_Madrid_Fault.html

edit on Wed Apr 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags needed

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In the middle of reading it right now, but I just had to say, so far, this article is reflecting my own thoughts and conclusions precicely.

Ick...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
In the middle of reading it right now, but I just had to say, so far, this article is reflecting my own thoughts and conclusions precicely.

Ick...

Great minds think alike, this was my theory as well as it pertains to the noise phenom. Definatly would explain much in the way of whats happening....now consider this...an astroid did hit around the Yucatan in the gulf around the time of the dinos. So the crust there was already a thin weakened layer.....guess what BP did...they drilled some 26-33,000 feet into the crust around this weak spot. One well they capped, and the other is still leaking oil. Oil in the bedrock around the tectonic zones acts like a lubricant...and if water is leaking into these magmatic chambers......try to stay away from the mississippi.

Like vasiline during nasty booty sex, you can rest assured when this fault goes.....it'll be a slip n slide of mud fun for the whole family.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Regarding the first map pictured in the article, does anyone know what the Roman numerals signify?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Well those roman numerals on that map
look like (to me) they indicate the level of "Your Screwed"
The higher the roman numeral the higher the odds
...that you are screwed

But i'm just some idiot behind a computer in the Roman Numeral Level "6" zone
edit on 4/13/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It just seems like piss-poor reporting to post a graphic with color codes, Roman numerals, etc etc but have no context or explanation so people can understand what they are supposed to be looking at.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
It just seems like piss-poor reporting to post a graphic with color codes, Roman numerals, etc etc but have no context or explanation so people can understand what they are supposed to be looking at.....

I agree with you... it is pretty dumb... but it makes for gossip...
had they explained it... you and I wouldn't be on here discussing it... we are giving that site free publicity...
someone who wasn't interested in the link might be now ...after reading these posts

Also I think that roman numeral color coded map is about as dumb as this color coded waste of time...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff90f5aa609c.png[/atsimg]

Source for DHS Color Chart

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think that map with the roman numerals might be earthquake related, but it's hard to tell...

What's odd though is that part of it is in the header of the American Agricultural Insurance Company.

www.aaic.com...

edit on 13/4/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
reply to post by Skippy1138

Well those roman numerals on that map
look like (to me) they indicate the level of "Your Screwed"
The higher the roman numeral the higher the odds
...that you are screwed

But i'm just some idiot behind a computer in the Roman Numeral Level "6" zone
edit on 4/13/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!!!

The roman numerals are an indication of the level of seismic activity associated with the New Madrid Fault

Heres a better map which shows the risk of earthquakes nation wide:

edit on 4/14/2011 by amaster because: General edit

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Better?

It's completely different.

new topics

top topics

join