It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly time vortex appears over Antarctica

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
Very intriguing find S&F for the thread.

What I found most curious, was the fact that the Air Force has a giant boring machine................The Air Force?
don't they fly planes? how much boring could they possibly have to do in the air, to justify the cost of this machine??

Parker

yes, the Air Force does have a command center underground, its called NORAD.

yes they do, do you know when Norad was dug into the mountain and underground??
do you know how old the boring machine in the link is??

also, even assuming they purchased the boring machine for Norad, which they did not, would it justify the cost to purchase for one job???

Look into Norads history, i am sure you will see that the job was contracted out.

Parker

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816
I guess i dont understand the theory of time travel but I dont understand how if someone dies in the present you could go back and visit them in the past which in return would really mean they arent dead....oh no i've gone cross eyed...lol

I often wonder what traveling to the past would be like. Perhaps it would be nothing like we expect? If you traveled back, perhaps everything would be frozen at that very instant in time. Stuck in the passing of a fraction of a second. And not free flowing forward like the present? It would be an odd place with little resemblence to what we normally see. Perhaps a totally different dimension?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Go figure! Here is a little oddity that has popped up... It could probably use its own thread, but it does tie into this one in a odd sort of way...

Hong Kong, China (CNN) – China has been cracking down on dissent of late, as the recent detainment of artist Ai Weiwei suggests. But the latest guidance on television programming from the State Administration of Radio Film and Television in China borders on the surreal – or, rather, an attack against the surreal. New guidelines issued on March 31 discourage plot lines that contain elements of "fantasy, time-travel, random compilations of mythical stories, bizarre plots, absurd techniques, even propagating feudal superstitions, fatalism and reincarnation, ambiguous moral lessons, and a lack of positive thinking." “The government says … TV dramas shouldn’t have characters that travel back in time and rewrite history. They say this goes against Chinese heritage,” reports CNN’s Eunice Yoon. “They also say that myth, superstitions and reincarnation are all questionable.”

FULL STORY HERE

Now why would this Really be?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
McMurdo Station
No vortex here, just a blizzard. Remember your planet earth, their winter runs from February to October. 24 hours of no sunlight. Fact.

Current weather: 04/15/2011

Temperature
-6°C 21°F

WindChill
4°C -15°F

South Pole Station
Ah hah, the station is down, could be signs of a vortex!
Wait a second.....

Current Weather
04/14/2011
20:56:00 GMT
Temperature
-56.0°C -68.8°F
WindChill
-79.7°C -111.5°F

Yeah, it's cold. An evil vortex would have a hard time functioning in those conditions.

Palmer Station

Clear here too. No vortex. Hmm. A bit of information:

Located on Anvers Island near the Antarctic Peninsula, Palmer Station (64° 46’S, 64° 03’W) is named for Nathaniel B. Palmer, who in 1820 on a sealing expedition in his 47-foot (14-meter) ship the Hero became the first American to record sighting Antarctica. The original station was built in 1965. In 1967, the U.S. Navy began construction of the current larger and more permanent station approximately a mile east of the original site. The first building at the new station, the biology laboratory, opened its doors to science in 1970. Today, two main buildings and several smaller structures make up Palmer Station and provide housing and research facilities for scientists and support personnel. Of the three U.S. Antarctic stations, Palmer is the only one that is accessed routinely during the winter.

With ice cliffs rising above Arthur Harbor and the station, the Marr Ice Piedmont covers Anvers Island. The highest mountains on the island are Mt. Francais (9,055 feet/2,760 meters) and Mt. Agamemnon (8,438 feet/2,572 meters).
Average temperatures are 36° F (2° C) in austral summer and 14° F (-10° C) in austral winter. The station frequently experiences high winds, sometimes reaching 70 knots or more. Average annual precipitation is 13 feet (4 meters) of snow and 30 in (76 cm) of rain. Palmer Station lies outside the Antarctic Circle, so in the middle of austral winter there are five hours of light during each day. Conversely, the austral summer brings long days of 19 hours of light and 5 of twilight. These changes in light influence seasonal cycles of temperature, weather, sea ice formation, and the organisms that live in this area.
The station supports science year-round and accommodates about 20 people in the winter and up to 44 in the austral summer. There are dormitory bedrooms, communal bathrooms, and a cafeteria-style kitchen. Everyone helps clean, and many participate in weekly science lectures and social events.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I've heard rumours of activity in lake vostok for a few years. I really recommend anyone interested in this story to listen to 'Pod Audiobook - Vostok - by Bill Murphy' its a BBC radio drama, I think it lasts just an hour or something and is very exciting.

It's about a team of explorers that submerge into the depths of lake Vostok - they soon realise, that they aren't the only ones lurking around down there.

Story aside, anything unexposed for 12,000 years, and most likely unexplored must hold some secrets, mite even find the loch nessy down there!

edit on 14-4-2011 by fill0000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

This is my kinda thread. Thanks -- S & F...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Isn't this like, the exact plot of Alien vs. predator?
An ancient structure buried in ice, spacial anomalies, and a team sent to investigate?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

No "physicist Mariann McLein" listed in JSTOR.org...only name I recognized along the way was 'Pravda'.
Now there's a thread-stopperr.

Yes, I researched this physicist Mariann for a while last night also, found nothing but the same link the OP provided with that physicist's name, also the so called TV crew that supposedly disappeared there is a known hoax, with even fake websites providing that information (them disappearing). If this information wasn't fake, then maybe I'd be more convinced of the thread title. "Pravda" you say? ....Hmmm, maybe Ill look more into that and get back to ya.

To the OP, this IS an interesting thread that could use some more digging into, so not fully tryin' to debunk here and I always remember, there is a little truth to every story.
Peace,
Marriah

It's possbile disinfo was tied to the orginal story to discredit it... We always have to consider that possibility.

Edit: I think I have figured out the key.. to travel back in time you have to open a portal in the present (say 1065) and it has to remain open the entire time. Or maybe they programmed it in 1965 to open at specific intervals in the future. And this has to be done in the past to control it in the future.

I wonder if there is some defense mechanism that prevents things from going through that aren't supposed to go through.. So without the right "key", say somekind of signal that lets whatever is on the 1965 side know you are supposed to go through, you get disintegrated...
edit on 14-4-2011 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how a balloon can tell you a date beyond the one that it may be programmed to (today). Did it grab a newspaper while it was in the vortex?

As much as I would love a true story like this, I don't believe this is it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hello tonight, ATS people, from the beautiful state of New Mexico!
I did not read the thread past page 1, is that a party foul, if I post on a topic without reading the whole thread? Sometimes threads bring up points I'd like to make but am not inclined to read the whole thing.
Anyway, on page 1 of this thread a post from JohnnyCanuck mentions "a thread stopper" (great choice of words)....I however was not "in" on what may make it such, so thought I'd share what is not common knowledge, in my opinion. I don't know the names of many media companies in other countries.

The Pravda newspaper was started in 1912 in St. Petersburg. It was converted from a weekly Zvezda. It did not arrive in Moscow until 1918. During the Cold War, Pravda was well known in the West for its pronouncements as the official voice of Soviet Communism. (Similarly Izvestia was the official voice of the Soviet government.) After the paper was closed down in 1991 by decree of then-President Boris Yeltsin, many of the staff founded a new paper with the same name, which is now a tabloid-style Russian news source. There is an unaffiliated Internet-based newspaper, Pravda Online, run by former Pravda newspaper employees. A number of other newspapers have also been called Pravda, most notably Komsomolskaya Pravda, formerly the official newspaper of the now defunct Komsomol and currently the best-selling tabloid in Russia.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

I can't wait to hear your research. I guess the title "Deadly Vortex" doesn't bother you. Invasion into the under Ice Lake could cause a problem if like some believe there is a UFO Base down there. I guess we will have to findout about that when Wikileaks releases it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Old news.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread496945/pg1

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
One of the big things that doesn't make sense to many people about this story is that they claim the "scientific chronomter" couldn't have a way of showing the time change when going back in time... I think I have figured out how it could.. and if this is the case I think it adds even more credence to this story because someone wouldn't have thought of this.. in other words.. you can't make this up! Just like I don't think you can make up the purpose of this being to put weapons in space before the treaty.. whcih ties into Von Braun's warning! Remember what the head of Lockheed said? We can do anything in science fiction you can imagine and more!

So this is the key.. these scientists and military use radio telemetry to get readings for aicraft and rockets etc.. this is like GPS PRE GPS...

ebooks.cambridge.org...

Radio tracking and telemetry
Radio transmitters have been utilized in wildlife studies since the early 1960s (Cochran & Lord, 1963), and have assisted research on Antarctic pinnipeds since 1968 (Siniff, Tester & Kuechle, 1969, 1971). Transmitters can be monitored for two basic types of information: (1) the presence or absence of a signal (e.g. haul-out patterns, location) and (2) the relay of various types of data (e.g. heart rate, ambient temperature). Most studies using radio transmitters attached to Antarctic seals have involved monitoring activity patterns and movements of individuals (e.g. Siniff J.L. Bengtson et al., 1975). In addition to the brief description given below, several other sources offer a helpful introduction to using radio transmitters in wildlife studies (Cochran, 1980; Amlaner & Macdonald, 1980;Cheeseman & Mitson, 1982; Kenward, 1987).

Example of telemetry being used with balloons in antarctica

oai.dtic.mil...

Abstract : This collection of five papers discusses the many practical problems, logistics, metrological planning, flight history and recovery operations for the first very large (11.6M cu ft) stratospheric balloon launched from Antarctica. The on-board Gamma Ray Advanced Detector (GRAD) was flown successfully to detect gamma ray emissions from Supernova 1987A. The 2500-lb payload was recovered from a 12,500-ft plateau by LC-130 aircraft. The instrumentation for command-control and telemetry, payload integration and testing, and the telemetry station installed aboard an LC-130 aircraft are described. An overview of the performance of the ARGOS satellite tracking and data-recovery system on this flight is included.

I bet this technology is designed to record streams of data.. and when it went through the time warp it probably picked up the different telemetry data available -- 1965 date for those time periods -- when it was through the vortex.

I think this is HUGE people.. you truly can't make this up.. and it fits in perfectly with all the info out there - Von Braun's warning about weaponizing space. They opened this time warp to send crafts back before the treaty was put in place. No one else can legally put weapons in space because it would make them useless if everyone had them. And it's in Antarctica because they have treaties in place preventing people from even being around there much to discover it or detect it or accidentally go through it.

It also makes sense why there is so much hostility and mocking directed at this thread... yet other looney stuff is ignored or even promoted.

edit on 15-4-2011 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Notice the picture in the article with the coordinates is similar to many other posted about here on ATS. There are holes like these all over the earth and all of these pictures look similar. Google Earth is the thing to view em with.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

More evidence to add to the huge mountain already in the public domain.

Only an idiot would believe there is nothing to these mountainous volumes of data that increase around the world daily.

Very interesting thread onehuman, thanks.

Just out of interest, this thread of yours has jogged a memory of another post on ATS from way back...about 2-3 years ago if i remember...it was a bit of a weird post (like some of mine), and at the time, i and many others simply wrote the thread off as either a deliberate hoax, product of a troubled mind, or just plain sensationalism..now i'm not so sure.

Forgotten who authored the thread, but he/she was quite a newish member, which was another reason why many discounted the thread out of hand.

I hope others remember more of the thread than i do, but this is what i remember..a guy posted a thread, which read like a bit of a novel, which detailed the poster's experience of being attached to an Antarctic science expedition sometime in the late 90's or early 2000's. He said he an a buddy, went out on skiddoos (snowbikes) exploring, due to a period of reasonably good weather (still well below freezing, but much warmer than usual), they had gone some distance, when according to the thread, they guy came across something amazing out in the barren snow and ice...a huge concrete wall! (or two walls and a roof=tunnel)

It was reported to be few meters high and about 1.5-2 meters thick...but the really odd thing was, it stretched for miles left and right, and the ends could not be seen...this was highly odd to the guys as nobody had ever mentioned the very long wall/tunnel structure before.

The poster said he decided to follow along the wall out of curiosity to see where it ended up, his buddy protested as it was starting to get late and the temperature was dropping, and he headed back to the base station, leaving the poster guy to carry on following the wall.

It apparently went on and on for miles, and soon the guy said he was seriously thinking it just wouldn't end, and was going to give up and go back, when he said he saw 'it'.

'It' was described as being a huge area of concrete structures, built into the shape of a circle. He said he climbed up onto one of the sections and looked over the top, discovering what he described as a massive...hole in the ground, that contained something so terrifying, and absolutely unbelievable that fear gripped him and he got out of the area as fast as he possibly could (he said he felt his life was in danger), and didn't speak of what he saw to his colleagues at the base.

He never did say *exactly* what it was he saw in the massive hole, despite repeated requests for more information, the poster didn't come back to elaborate on his story...this is another reason why so many members thought it was another of those 'hit and run' cliffhanger troll type posts and wrote it off.

Maybe he saw what the US government had discovered in this deep hole, and were in the process of excavating it?

This presumably hoax post might not have been a hoax at all.

Anyone else remember the thread/post i'm talking about? Or if you were the original poster of that thread, *please* come forwards and elaborate on what you were talking about.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

All fine and correct if the 'vortex' is a meteorological phenomena.

If it's a 'otherworldly' phenomena, (as is being speculated) that weather data means nothing.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

The air force have TBM's of their own.

From the late 50's right up till present day, the US air force, the US Navy and probably a whole host of others have been busy building underground bases and installations within undersea mountains.

It is completely conceivable that the TBM pictured here from 1982 is just one of many.
Machines have become *much* larger than this one since the early 80's.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0d903538307.jpg[/atsimg]

US Air Force TBM, Skull Mountain, Nevada 1982.

Here's a more recent Russian built TBM over 50 feet in diameter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0201b3ac3b96.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's another..this time a 'triple' tunnel TBM from Japan.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37b889b298ef.jpg[/atsimg]

A TBM, although large and expensive, are for these agencies what amounts to a piece of cake to build for themselves, especially with all of the countless Trillions $ that have been poured into black budget ops during the last 50 or 60 years, and that's on top of the normal regular military budget (which is the largest in the world).

We're talking decade upon decade of secret ops, with no oversight and no public accountability..with the money, manpower, inherent secrecy, dozens of these TBM's could be manufactured and operated by the military and others and you'd not have a clue what they were doing.

Cost is *not* an issue when dealing with the US military.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
So we are supposed to believe the Russians could build something like that thing above and yet the Japanese can't make a nuclear power plant that can ride out a power outage for a couple days... lol Incredibly absurd when you think about it. But then when you think where they get the money to make those tunnel diggers it all starts to make sense...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Is this how the weather ballooon got the 1965 date after going through the vortex?

books.google.com... JkknfOAvrYyW4TpD_t3B9kG_-aU&hl=en&ei=4UmoTZOgHsGatwej04zdBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=transmitter&f=false

Automatic weather stations, which transmit their data using radioisotopic power are now being used in the Canadian Arctic.

The US Navy will install a similar generator at an automatic weather station in Antarctica early in 1962.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT
Is this how the weather ballooon got the 1965 date after going through the vortex?

books.google.com... JkknfOAvrYyW4TpD_t3B9kG_-aU&hl=en&ei=4UmoTZOgHsGatwej04zdBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=transmitter&f=false

Automatic weather stations, which transmit their data using radioisotopic power are now being used in the Canadian Arctic.

The US Navy will install a similar generator at an automatic weather station in Antarctica early in 1962.

That was a interesting read and thanks for posting it. Makes you wonder if they could do that back then, what they can actually do now.... head scratcher it is that.

There really is so much going on down there, so hard to have even a clue as to how it may all tie together in the big picture really.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join