It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang simulated in metamaterial shows time travel is impossible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

(PhysOrg.com) -- By observing the way that light moves inside a metamaterial, researchers have reconstructed how spacetime has expanded since the Big Bang. The results provide a better understanding of why time moves in only one direction, and also suggest that time travel is impossible.

www.physorg.com...

I figured this would be the right place for this article, I searched but didn't see it posted.. sorry if it IS in fact a dupe

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Great find!

S&F I will comment more after I digest this. . .

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure time travel and traveling at the speed of electromagnetic waves is impossible.
At least for us beings on this plane of existence.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Anyone who believes our existence and surroundings are the result of a massive explosion arent using their complete brain, they also must believe that earth by mere luck alone ended up exactly at the correct distance from the sun to sustain life. From an explosion?...please!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Didn't Eintstien Theories say going forward isn't possible but going backward may be?

Or he might have been speaking on the recording devices we have now as I have always thought.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Your right it is much easier to believe someone with superpowers came here and created life, the Earth and the rest of the universe dropped off a book or two then left never to be seen again.

What's next superman flies around the planet turning back time to save Lois Lane?

edit on 4/13/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by treespeaker
Didn't Eintstien Theories say going forward isn't possible but going backward may be?

Or he might have been speaking on the recording devices we have now as I have always thought.

Cheers!

No, I think he said just the opposite because of the grandfather paradox, time travel can only be possible, forward, if at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
BTW, going through a wormhole is technically not time travel.

It is theorized that wormholes can be opened relative to space/time, in which time travel may still be possible in about a million human years.
Harvesting the entire power of the sun to run a wormhole generator/stabilizer will take us a little while to get to unfortunately.

top topics

join