It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Promoters: Will you feel responsible if...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

The reason why I made this thread is to show people that their words could have serious weight to them. The 2012 board is pretty much the only one on this site that could have a significant impact on people's actions, yet it seems like most people treat it like a game. It's a constant back and forth of "I'm right and you're wrong." I see constant warnings and suggestions being made, yet the people making these statements never seem to take them seriously, but they want others to. However, if someone were to actually follow these suggestions it could drastically alter the course of their life if everything is business as usual in 2013.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I see what you are saying and I think the promoters are going to wind up with egg on their faces, but I also think people have a certain amount of personal responsibility to take all this with a grain of salt. No one os forcing them to believe in this or any other belief system. If someone comes unhinged enough to cause harm to themselves or others, then that's the Darwin Awards in action. Ifd not 2012, then global warming, nuclear war, or something else would spin them up just as easily.

For my part I think reasonable precautions are okay. The "Mormon approach" of a year's worth of provisions safely stored is an okay thing to do. If something big does happen you have a chance of being prepared. You may not survive, but if you do you'll be glad you prepared. If nothing at all happens, you're not out that much money.

We'll always have these people who seem to thrive on the possibility of a disaster--just like we have people who love conspiracy theories.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Are you really asking a false prophet to take responsibility for a prediction that doesn't come true? Really?!? No one who has ever posted or made a prediction that didn't come true has ever said, "Ooops, I was wrong." Instead they change the date or give some cock and bull story about the good vibrations changed the course of the event...or, they just pretend that they never made the statements to begin with.

No, they won't take responsibility for any harm that they cause. If someone hurts themselves or others because of this nonsense, then they'll blame it on a weak minded individual or, perhaps, HAARP.

Hey, sheeple is as sheeple does.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just to illustrate my point that all of this talk about the end of the world can have a negative impact here is a site that has found 1,810 people who died due to apocalypse fear.

What's the harm in fearing the apocalypse?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hahaha! I guess I will kill my pet because the world is gonna end! No one is gonna do that! Get real man!
reply to post by restlessbrainsyndrome

in 2003 when nancy lieber said that "nibiru" was going to hit then she urged people to kill there pets on a live radio show, saying that she had already done that

to answer the OP's question i have heard a lot of people telling people to go for the hills or jsut seek higher ground, i think people should feel responsible if someone ruins there lives over the 2012 hysteria because they were listening to what someone else was saying

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Take responsibility for your OWN actions, stop blaming everyone else!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

On March 19-20, 1997, Marshall Applewhite taped himself speaking of mass suicide and asserted "it was the only way to evacuate this Earth". The Heaven's Gate group was against suicide but they believed they had no choice but to leave Earth as quickly as possible. After claiming that a space craft was trailing the comet Hale-Bopp, Applewhite convinced 38 followers to commit suicide so that their souls could board the supposed craft. Applewhite believed that after their deaths, a UFO would take their souls to another "level of existence above human", which Applewhite described as being both physical and spiritual. This and other UFO-related beliefs held by the group have led some observers to characterize the group as a type of UFO religion. In October 1996, the group purchased alien abduction insurance to cover up to 50 members at a cost of $10,000.[1
reply to post by 3finjo

what about these poor bastards who listened to some lunatic and ended their lives, the leader of the cult is not responible for what these people did?

your right when you say take control of your own actions, but what about people who are minipulated, the closer we get to 2012 the more you will probably hear about suicides, what if nothing happens in 2012. people will have committed suicide because they believed something that they read from another person

there are timse when people are responible for things that others do to themselves

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

They allowed themselves to be manipulated - it was their own fault.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
reply to post by caf1550

Take responsibility for your OWN actions, stop blaming everyone else!

I'm all for responsibility of ones own actions, but this is really getting out of hand. Every generation has their doomsday leaders and this is going to lead to a lot of suicides...and massive disappointment. I remember 1988 when a religious leader came out with a pamphlet entitled "88 reasons why the rapture would happen in 1988." I though it was funny at first until I found out people sold all of their belongings in anticipation of this event.

Now, fast forward to this event. The perpetrators are treated as religious prophets filling the heads of believers with fear...They are responsible for the actions of their followers. They are causing this, they are creating this and they must be held responsible.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well now that we have our first 2012 related casualty I thought I would bump this. I figure the responses are going to be the same. I am hoping though that now that the hypothetical has become real people will at least take a minute to think about their response.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Well now that we have our first 2012 related casualty I thought I would bump this. I figure the responses are going to be the same. I am hoping though that now that the hypothetical has become real people will at least take a minute to think about their response.

Casualty? Become Real? Have i missed something big?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I used to laugh at 2012 and its proponents and believers until I started hearing stories about stuff like this. People conned into buy multi-million dollar bunkers and, of course, people so panicked by this pseudoscientific conjob they are considering suicide or even murder-suicides. I remember watching a talk by astrophysicist David Morrison where he showed the actual emails of panicked people, I couldn't believe it.

Personally I don't think the average 2012 believer should feel responsible, it's the cons who are making money or making a name for themselves peddling 2012 who are most to blame and that includes a heaping helping of guilt that lays at the feet of the History Channel. Blame the wolves, not the sheep.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I had to search for what you meant. Still I think it's unlikely to have been the first.

www.myfoxdc.com...
www.thisisbath.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ahh i see, tragic i must add, for something that in the eyes of a majority is nothing but pastrami...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
No, i wont feel responsible....in fact I'll blame the events coordinator for screwin up the program....

If I dont get my fair share of chaos, im gonna have to hit up ticket master for my money back.

A day without a lil death and destruction is like a day without sunshine wuaha.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I would think that Terrel03 caused more damage during the better part of last year than Nancy Zeta-girl.

The GOM scared the living daylights out of me, furthermore, the move to create the bird-flu vaccine and the reported "forced vaccination" was enough to make me want to run to the hills. Fema camps and the like would be a nightmare I would rather overcome at any cost. I never really gave credit to Marshall Masters, sitting on the coast and telling everyone that Planet X would create their worst nightmares; personally I think the Kolbrin is nothing more than hogwash.

However, I had to kill my animals (excluding my dogs) when I was faced with a forced eviction in 2010 because my landlord died and his selfish wife decide she needed more money. It is something that can be overcome, I can certainly testify to that now. Maybe it was an exercise of Love that will have to be repeated again, who knows? I only know that I survived without killing the landlady, or myself, which gives me a better foundation of how far someone can push me to the edge.

Personally, I think more people have been faced with this scenario far more by the rancid behaviors of our controlling overlords we call bankers, as well as their own pets call politicians and leaders. People forced out of their homes and their livelihoods through greed or otherwise. Not to mention those subjugated by those same individuals through war, created purposefully, to which there are no real Truths. They too must have perservered like me because I haven't read a whole lot on the homeless suddenly turning on their handlers as a last resort effort to quelch the pain and the anger they are filled with, and the fear that comes with it. I am certain there were some casualties above those of their beloved pets, I just don't know about them directly. It is a toxic recipe for certain; only those faced with the reality of it can ever really know.

I promised to care for my pets, in health and in sickness, I protected and fed them and they gave to me their abundant love (yes Love). I gave them over to GOD and I was prepared to accept my actions as the sin of murder; thankfully I was reprieved by the Grace that is so abundant across this illusionary world of ours. I am wiser for the experience and I am stronger than those who lied and manipulated me in order to get what they wanted.

As for the doom, I already tasted from that bowl and as far as I am concerned I am more prepared now than I have ever been. I will not condone the abandonment of people any more than I will condone the abandonment of animals, if given the opportunity to alleviate a horrible death (like slowly starving) I will step forward and do the right thing.

All that I do now, all that I put away for what ever given event that moves me is less about my survival and more about possibly helping the less fortunate who cannot understand because they did not at least consider the possibilities.

I think about all those elderly and bedridden people who were abandoned by nursing homes in New Orleans, left to perish. I pray for them. I think about all the animals in Fukishima, left without food or water, unable to release themselves from the confines of their cages. I think about animals that are in zoos that will ultimately perish horribly because their caretakers have all but gone. I think about my neighbors who are unaware. I also think about those selfish souls who will do what ever it takes to step over anyone in order to secure their pathetic little lives! I will be there to do the right thing! Of course the later part has less to do with prayer!

Yeah, bring it on, I am ready; my duty is to honor Life through preventing suffering and if that should come down to my own damnation than so be it. I don't bother myself with the fear-mongering any more, it is the motion to lift the spirit to its final destiny, that is my ultimate concern.

I am not ashamed but I am humbled enough to care even more and my "exercise" was a way for me to "exorcise" that fear I had always been crippled by in the past.

I don't think the "promoters" of doom realize, they truly believe they are chosen to deliver people, they just have not faced the reality they pander; well, maybe Terrel03 is sitting somewhere with a crown of thorns in the bush, I don't know? I think Nancy Zeta-girl is likely on her third bag of chips this morning lining up another round of alien feces to feed her followers, but that is just my opinion!

I don't think those that continually feed their "followers" fear really understand how wrong they are, but I will hold out that they will be repentive when that day comes. In the meantime, there will always be another day to grasp reality for what it really is, Fleeting!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Apply this same question to yourself if something does happen....Would you feel responsible if people died because you told them nothing could possibly happen, in arrogance?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Let's face it, I probably wouldn't survive so I wouldn't have the opportunity to feel guilty. If I somehow survived though and I had dissuaded people from believing in 2012 and it could be proven that those people would have survived if they had prepared then yes I would feel responsible. However, from what I've experienced on here I haven't changed anybody's minds. Despite all the research I've presented people have been too brainwashed by the 2012 charlatans to have their minds changed.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

If I wanted to feel guilty I would do so for paying taxes into a government that started a war that has killed untold thousands over lies about WMDs and quite possibly even greater deception. I would feel guilty for all the suffering I've participated in as a consumer of products produced under slave-like conditions. I would feel guilty over potentially irreparably destroying the environment I need to live in by my participation in pollution.

This? This girl did it to herself. Why should anybody feel responsible?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

This is a ridiculous notion to say the least and can be summarized with an all too familiar adage-

"If I told you to jump off of of a bridge, would you go ahead and do it?"

Obviously the choice would be up to you. If I did tell you to do it, and you decided to do it, I would feel no problem with that - first of all because I don't know you- second of all - because it had nothing to do with what I said, but it had everything to do with the choice that YOU decide to make based on your own irrational assumptions and choices.

Why should I, or anyone else, be blamed for the actions of ones beliefs because they believe something completely asinine and insane? If someone were to drug someone or kill someone in the name of 2012, then yes, that person should be held responsible - but the idea of suicide or offing anything whatsoever for the sake of the idea that the world might end is just a ridiculous paradox in and of itself, and anyone who even contemplates such action is either mentally handicapped or just doesn't understand reason whatsoever.

If I knew for a fact that next week I was going to get hit by a truck and die, why in the blue hell would I even want to shoot myself today? Why would I want to kill my pets? What rational person would ever come to these conclusions. If anyone ever suggested I did these things, I would promptly tell them to go commit intercourse with themselves.

You are an instigator, and this topic is instigation. You simply don't like 2012 because it is outside of your scope of reason, but instead of accepting the idea that some people might believe in something outside of YOUR scope of reason, and that there is a possibility that something outside of your tremendously miniscule scope that just might be true, it bother you. So you would much rather degrade them, make them feel guilty. You try to change their opinions, make people stop believing in anything to do with 2012 because it is beneath what you feel is acceptable.

I've seen your comments and your threads about these things and the pattern is the same. It is time to move on and accept that sometimes other people have different views on things, and sometimes your views aren't always the right things. And guess what? There isn't always something demonizing you can throw at a view that you don't like to make it go away.

Come December 21, 2012, either you will be right and they will be wrong, OR THEY will be right and you will be wrong. The problem is, you nor they can see into the future to know if anything is going to happen or not. Come that day, should nothing happen, the people who do stupid things will be responsible for their decisions, the people who believed in the possibility of something happened while not letting it dominating their lives will be no worse off, and the ignoramus's who denied it with every fiber of their being will just add notches to their ever growing egos against the realms of any possibilities because in their eyes - anything that isn't proveable with a certified document signed by the heads of state of 150 different countries is never able to be proven, and therefore should never be believe in - ever.

Ignorance will continue to run wild, regardless, with you and all of your ilk.
edit on 23-5-2012 by gwydionblack because: spelling

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join