It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Promoters: Will you feel responsible if...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
With 12/21/12 a little over a year and a half away I thought it was time to ask an important question. People who believe in 2012 have urged people to seek higher ground and the like. Furthermore, we have people like Nancy Lieder who, in the past, have urged people to kill their pets. Now, for all of you who adamantly defend that something will occur in 2012, will you feel at all responsible if nothing happens and as a result of these urgings people are left financially ruined, or worse yet they have killed theirs pets and possibly themselves along with their family?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I won't feel responsible at all. Nancy Lieder is a freak, even though I believe in 2012 I can't figure out how she came out with such an idea. The only responsible will be the ones who decided to follow her, and, of course, herself.

I believe in 2012, but never did I wanted people to move to higher ground. If there is an ELE or something close to that coming, it's no use to try to survive. You'll live in a chaotic world afterwards, and I trust Earth enough. I don't believe death is the end, so death shouldn't be feared.

I think the only responsible is the one that moves, kill his pet or w/e. If they can't use discernment, they'll learn the hard way. That is all, you can't blame someone if the decision is made by another person.

Remember, the decision is taken by the individual, not the claimer.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I see what you're saying, however, shouldn't those people who have ruined themselves and their lives be a bit more intelligent rather than just blindly follow what people or tribes say???

edit on 13/4/11 by faryjay because: typo

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I believe something is occurring, and some of it is manmade, in the hands of an industrial military complex shadow government, trying to bring revelations in and possibly cosmic cycle. I live less than 2 hours from the coast 60 km above sea level and am not moving unless its very obvious we have to flee. ARK = random acts of kindness and this is about waking people up. I personally wish for an equalizing world with clean high tech and creating a better earth, not a reset button. Africa with earthship homes, wonderful gardens, cosmic level education and beamships in their backyard!

Lets put it this way, its not the people who are fanatically believing it, its a lot of information put out by the cia and black op community so all of this is according to their plans and even having people aware, to pull this in? Cause fear, or recreate a different facsist world? That being said, things are changing here, in the last while, and people are slowly realizing this, more and more.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Everyone needs to make up their own minds as to what they think will/might happen. If someone is stupid enough to kill themselves before the event without waiting to see what if anything is going to happen then add their name to the Darwin Award winners list. As to anyone urging the killing of pets, children or anything else thats disgusting.

Do I think anything will happen on that date/. Maybe. Will I head to the hills just in case - don't know yet but I wouldn't try to urge anyone to do something drastic.

Its time we started to take responsibility for our own actions - this 'blame someone else' culture we have developed over the years is pathetic. But blaming another party is easier than admitting 'I was an idiot' so society has encouraged that response - like the dickhead who burnt his private parts with a cup of McDonalds coffee because he decided to put it on his lap and drive then sued the chain! WTF? Same thing goes here - if you are convinced by someone that the world will end and that you should buy a rondel in the Drakensburg mountains to escape the impending tsunami then you make that choice. If it costs you all you have and nothing happens then there is only one person responsible - you.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

when they told me i needed to pack my bags,, and buy new shoes, to catch a ride on Comet Hale-bop,,, i QUIT the cult......

2012 cult can kiss my tushie ........

ok joking..

my animals will Survive WITH me.........

WTH?
edit on 4/13/11 by darrman because: the nut job who told everyone to buy SILVER at 8 bucks an ounce,, wasn't bad enough........ the SILVER cult,,, oh yeahhhh!!!!! and look what HE GOT--!!?!??!??!?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't go as far as to say I believe in the exact 12-21-12 date. I do however feel like we are headed for something very big within my lifetime. To answer your question, no, I wouldn't feel responsible in the least bit. These are adults capable of making their own decisions. If they were to kill themselves and/or pets, I would feel bad for them, but, that's hardly my doing. I think it's a bit of a ridiculous question to be honest..
edit on 13-4-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If one thinks the world will end on that date, why would they kill themselves?
Why not wait and die a natural death?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Im not concerned with people claiming future terrible events, i mean how can they know for sure?
Its the people who vehemently deny anything bad will happen in the same timeframe without knowing anything for sure that give me the s#*ts.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hahaha! I guess I will kill my pet because the world is gonna end! No one is gonna do that! Get real man! And no one can tell the future. It is speculated, I do think something is going to happen...but since no one can be 100% sure, I highly doubt people are going to freak out and kill their pets...why would someone do that anyway? Best to keep the pet around for if the food runs out....sorry rover but your new name is gaejang-guk!!!

I would more be apt to believe that a cult will be formed where people will kill themselves. As for uprooting and moving away financially breaking us....I think the government will do that job before 2012....they seem to be working real hard at it right now...unless your already a millionaire but then you could move anywhere you want anyway.

The question is....if you thought something was about to happen and you decided to keep it to yourself, would you feel guilty if it did?? I think that is a much worse scenario. You can recover from broken finances. You can't recover from dying from not being prepared....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I live less than 2 hours from the coast 60 km above sea level

Can you give me some advice on how you dodge those meteors? That would really help me out.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What the hell do pets have to do with 2012? I mean what the hell!? o.O

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Hehe
I loved it, made me log in for this one reply

anyway, IF something does happen I will welcome it with opens arms - it's never the end. Besides it will be a time of greater change 'apparently' good change. So I'm waiting to see before I make a move

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The OP is trying to link people who believe some serious global changes will occur in 2012 with crazies who want to kill their pets, DISINFO!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Im giving this thread a star and flag,not cuz of the thread but of what you said,lots of respect

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The way I see it, 2012 has become like a virus and the proponents are the ones responsible for spreading it. They are the ones spreading the work of people like Nancy Lieder, Lucus, and Astrolpatriot beyond their respective sites and offering it to a much wider audience. I think it's rather obvious to most on here that there are at least a few members who are mentally unstable and tend to vehemently defend even the most out there theories. These are the people I am worried about. While I support freedom of speech it doesn't stop you from being responsible for your words and the effects they may have. I am not saying that 2012 supporters would be completely to blame, or even mostly to blame, but they must realize that their words could potentially carry weight to someone and that their words could potentially influence someone to ruing or possibly end their life.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Let me ask all who have posted here in this thread, why would someone who believes nothing will happen in 2012 or 2011 for that matter start a thread that involves 2012? TROLL-THREAD!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

...but they must realize that their words could potentially carry weight to someone and that their words could potentially influence someone to ruing or possibly end their life.

or their pet's.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Thank you, thank you.

I appreciate your attention.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It's not just 2012, last year a girl commited suicide fearing the LHC would cause the end of the world.
People have already killed themselves over it and there are plenty more who have serious anxiety over this, the threat of masses of people commiting suicide in 2012 is so real many public health services are preparing social workers and whoever else that is on the front line of treating mental disorders for this exact issue.
Even if a person does not go to extreme measures the psychosis the anxiety can produce can last a lifetime.
That's not to mention the public funding that goes into treating the disorders, why should our tax dollars pay for something started by idiots.

I doubt believers actually care though, at least not now. After the date has passed maybe they will feel ashamed that their uneducated belief in this type of nonsense affected many people adversly. They should feel ashamed anyway.

Now I'm not saying all believers will kill anybody/thing/themselves or will be plunged into a horrible world of anxiety. But some will, and just one is one too many.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join