It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists puzzled by giant whirlpools that have appeared in the Atlantic Ocean

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think I know what this MIGHT be...

I just read this the other day:

In the days leading up to a pole shift, the stopped rotation of the Earth causes the water formerly pulled toward the equator by rotation to equalize. The water at the equator starts flowing toward the poles. When the 12th Planet is positioned between the Earth and the Sun, water in any large body will heap up, drawn by the gravity pull of this large body just as the tides are drawn by the Moon. During the pole shift, the Earth's waters are first pulled in the direction of the shift, along with the Earth's crust, and then blocked in this motion by any land mass that has ceased to slide. All of these actions set water in motion, and many of these actions occur simultaneously, created chaotic motion. Thus, water may be in a position to suddenly drop, having been heaped high in proportion to the surrounding water. Cold arctic water may have been thrust on top of warmer water, and as with tornadoes, when the thrust that caused this situation stops, the cold water will suddenly drop, creating a vortex.

These giant whirlpool have been recorded by the ancients, as their ships on occasion were caught in them during a pole shift. When one of the fleet managed to escape, the tale was told and recorded. However, as with many pole shift generated tales, these tales are taken to be myths.

Source:
______beforeitsnews/story/554/560/A_Lovely_Swirl

If this is correct the implications are huge....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, isn't water electrolyte so it could have similar cause as the air spirals? Or underwater volcano heating water to twist? Gulf stream change?
edit on 14-4-2011 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join