It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHK interviews talk duration, but nothing is in writing??!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
On the U.S. West Coast it is now 2pm PDT, and NHK network has been airing their Newsline TV show (the English language version) at 5:30 PM PDT each weekday. It is a broadcast channel (although it may be on cable as well) appearing on public television broadcast channels, at least in the Los Angeles basin (KCET TV channel). I am asking for help in viewing this broadcast for awhile: On 4 or 5 occasions in the month since the nuclear accident began, a Newsline interviewer has interviewed a Japanese government spokesman in person, asking about the expected duration of the nuclear crisis situation. The answers were 1) 3.5 - 5 years; 2) 10 years; 3) 10 - 60 years; 4) 10 years.

It is important to note that usually these interviews are conducted in the Japanese language, with simultaneous audio translation into English. Only once has the interview been conducted in Japanese with the English translation appearing only in printed letters on the screen. I will record these 30-minute news shows starting today.

It is more than weird that the NHK website has no print version of this story on their website. Maybe that story was spiked by their editorial staff. At any rate, I ask members of the ATS community to begin watching the NHK Newsline English broadcasts. There may be other unreported or under-reported breaking news from that network. (Any Japanese speakers here on ATS?) Below is a link to the English language version of NHK:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Here's my take on why duration could be one of the most critical variables: So far, in its 1st year, this Level 7 nuclear accident has released 1/10 of the radiation (fallout) of Chernobyl. The above video interviews have been favoring the 10-year mark most often in the last 2 weeks, so let's go with that in the following analogy. If duration = 10 years, and annual radiation release holds steady (a pure guess, I grant you), then in 10 years, Total Radiation released exactly = Chernobyl. ...Not where we want to go.

Putting it another way, the problem of duration may be why the famed physicist Michio Kaku stated this week in an interview in the ABC World News broadcast that "we haven't hit bottom yet" with the Fukushima nuclear crisis.

new topics

join