It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Yes Men" Strike Coporate G.E.!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The "Yes Men" Strike Coporate G.E.!

news.yahoo.co m

With the country deeply in debt, G.E. didn't win any goodwill when it was recently reported that the company -- in addition to paying no income tax on $5.1 billion in U.S. profits -- received a $3.2 billion tax refund from the government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think this is perfect and we are now starting to learn how to beat them at their own game.......hehehe AWWWW are we not having fun anymore Coporate America??????

Lets take them all out in this way. I mean isn't that how they get us? Create mass hysteria and then bank on the fact we will go running towards whatever product they are selling us?

TAKE THAT!!!! WHOOOHOOO I LOVE IT!

news.yahoo.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
ya know I have to laugh when I see
posts like this who thinks they are winning
the battle against big corp.

I also see the article failed to mention
GE's plan to cut 15,000 employees
benefits, mainly their health insurance.
Wisconsin anyone ???

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't get it - how does creating fake press releases promoting lies, actually help the situation?

The truth is damning enough, focus on that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
the irks me that is if this was haliburton the left would be screaming bloody murder at the top of their voices

and this thread would have already been hundreds of pages long and slamming them.

but since its ge in bed with obama doesn't matter its like meh so what.

the hypocrisy doesn't become more clear than this.

no no corporations cant make money but only if they have ties to gwb.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
how does creating fake press releases promoting lies, actually help the situation?

all press release are promoting lies, aren't they ?
it's information war, it can raise awareness, bring focus on those events like the tax refund that don't get enough of it, it can maybe even make some sheeple that would come across this think for a bit,
we can dream

and it's so funny when the corporation has to publish a denial
"theres is no way we want to be leader in corporate social responsibility, we really don't care about you guys, sorry"

those yes men are artists

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

For real, when they deny it and say, "Hell no, this is our cash! Haha hand it out my a**!" maybe alot of people will realize what a mockery our country has become because of these corporations.

These gluttonous bastards need to be ousted.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I don't get it - how does creating fake press releases promoting lies, actually help the situation?

The truth is damning enough, focus on that.

A civilization which leaves so large a number of its participants unsatisfied and drives them into revolt neither has nor deserves the prospect of a lasting existence.

- Sigmund Freud

I was going to respond but somebody already said it best

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the irks me that is if this was haliburton the left would be screaming bloody murder at the top of their voices

but since its ge in bed with obama doesn't matter its like meh so what.

You sure about that?

No Nukes group protests at GE headquarters

www.ctpost.com...

Two-Day Strike Against GE
Protests Medical Cost-Shifting

www.ranknfile-ue.org...

blogs.alternet.org...

“This is Economic Treason”: 500,000 March in London Protesting Public Spending Cuts and Corporate Tax Dodgers

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

"For a brief moment people believed that the biggest corporate tax dodger had a change of heart and actually did the right thing. But the only way anything like this is really going to happen is if we change the laws that allow corporate tax avoidance in the first place."

Yep.

And Yes to the "Yes Men"! Putting their imagination to work! Funny, when GE puts its imagination to work, they GET tax dollars.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
looks like the stock dipped a bit on the news. haha. then after it was revealed as a hoax it went back up.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
That's a good point! So what if the "Yes Men" are stockbrokers and were just trying to cash in knowing the stock would fall at least shortly while the story was still legit. They would buy when the stock was low, and sell when it went back up, easy money if your a broker actually. Hrmmmmmmm Figures!
edit on 14-4-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
AMAZING!! I just love it when people think the way the corporate scumbags think!

new topics

top topics

join