It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Star Follow On Flew missions in GWII (Could it be cruising over North Korea now?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Dark Star UAV (AKA Tier III Minus) was redesigned and a version was pressed into service during GWII in an intelligence gathering role.

It was build by the Skunk Works, and is similar to dark star only larger. It uses the same data links etc. One has to wonder with NK crying wolf as it usually does, plus the recent threads we have had on NK overflights, one has to wonder if this thing may be spending some time over NK gathering eveidence and intelligence.

A second Air Force official who once had oversight of UAV and unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV) programs also described the Lockheed Martin UAV as a "DarkStar-like thing." The problems that loomed large in the project were flight controls, command and control and stealthy apertures--in particular low probability of intercept (LPI) communications antennas, he said. The aircraft is given new tasks, and intelligence is downloaded through satellite links. Therefore, the antennas have to be on top of the aircraft to shield them from electronic surveillance. Infrared signature reduction was also in the design

www.aviationnow.com.../07073news.xml

[edit on 26-7-2004 by FredT]

E_T

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

More about "Dark Star serie"
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think they are flying over NK for sure gathering and seeing what Crazy Kim is up to and if one gets shot down oh well no harm done what are the north Koreans going to do put a robot and computer on trial

Also they might also start flying over china if the chicoms keep up their tough talk about attacking Taiwan.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It has been said before that the uav version of the 'darkstar' is a cover for the x-22a anti-gravity fighter disc under the same 'project name'. I doubt that the us gov. kept this multi-billion dollar muncher under wraps for that period of time for just a stealthy uav. The 'darkstar' uav 'cover' although improbable, is very believable. peace

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I would not be one bit surprised, as a matter of fact, I would be surprised if we have not had overflights, but the aircraft doing the overflight might be the surprise...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Until there's verifiable evidence of a so called antigravity aircraft such rumors are just that. It is true however that some programs are hidden inside others. The funding for the B-2 was hidden in an unrelated project name for one.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Usually, high tech craft have a electronics destruct mode. If the plane is going down, all the military electronics will be fused and not be of much use. As far as one being shot down, are concern is not the it might piss someone off (we don't care) but any technology that might be found and exploited to help shot down more of our craft.
As for N Korea, well, duh. They have been saber rattling about nukes and have badly overplayed their hand. Of course we are over flying N. Korea to gain info, the real question is what can they/are they going to do about it.

[edit on 30-7-2004 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"This is almost assured

I would not be one bit surprised, as a matter of fact, I would be surprised if we have not had overflights, but the aircraft doing the overflight might be the surprise... "

Surely the US Government would never violate the soveriegn air space of another country?

You are kidding me aren't you?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Haha the US government wouldn't violate the airspace of another country
your funny. We did it with the soviets for 40+ years and we are probably still doing it now so we are flying over north Korea if you can get away with it why stop first the N. Koreans aren't going to get any info cuz like someone said the computers have a self destruction mode and what is north Korea going to do declare war on the US

top topics

join