It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howdy from the hillside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Been wandering around here for about three months now and finally decided to join. Don't know why it took so long. There seems to be more real news and information here than on all the mainstream "news" combined. Faster, too. Looks to be a lot of really good folks around here, too. I'm looking forward to being around.

I'm someone that likes to learn different viewpoints and discuss the pros and cons of everything from invention to world events to ole fuzzy Bigfoot.

In the state that the world is currently in this place is a valuable tool for information sharing and learning that can't be gotten from the world at large, the zombified mass media, or the powers that be.

When I was a kid (back in the stone age) the town library had a lot of the info and ideas/theories put forth here and we were able to think for ourselves and form rational opinions and thoughts about the subject matter. That has all been taken away over time and now the library is more of a regurgative process than learning process. I'm just glad to be here.

My family lives on a little farm in the Carolina mountains, we are as self-sufficient as possible and getting more so all the time. We bought the place when I retired from the Army. No, I'm not that old...just a little lucky.

Again, thanks for letting me wander around.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyHermit

welcome!

Great people here on ATS..!!!

I COUNT YOU AS ONE-OF-EM...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Hi HappyHermit, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Welcome aboard HappyHermit

I like the name, because it applies to mua also. Sounds like you will be in good company friend, if ya need any help shoot me a message. A mod will be along shortly with the guidelines and such.
Happy truth pursuit!

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Greetings from the UK, HappyHermit in beautiful Carolina!!!

I envy you your very modern lifestyle because it is the only kind of long term future we have as humans. I have some friends here in rural Cornwall who do much the same as you and I wish I had the initial financial means to buy that little bit of land that would make it all possible.

The future belongs to people like you living your lifestyle.

From a fellow recluse.

Blessings for bountiful harvests!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS HappyHermit and nice intro, you'll enjoy it here

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I mostly stay in the prophecy, paranormal forums and otherwise I am a physicist who does Falun Dafa self-cultivation.

I say that an external catastrophe will be well dealt with if people manage to look inside and improve their hearts and minds.

Please check out the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below, it is the hidden treasure of this day and age if you ask me.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

top topics

join