It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Recollections of My Life": Poem by Colonel Gaddafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Source: Mathaba Independent News Agency....

edit on 13-4-2011 by rstregooski because: bad link

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Dude's got a point.

Actually a lot of them.

'Little African Son' ...lol...Classic!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/428543f43736.gif[/atsimg]

Well said. Well said... but this poem somewhat interweaves with all of our lives, because we're all victim to this #.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
he says a lot here and i agree he is getting the shaft, but when he said while others built castles he lived in modest housing or a tent? really i have saw pictures of his modest housing looks more like castles to me and how much money do they say he has??? he may not be the bad guy here but he isnt a saint. i wonder who wrote that for him?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Imho, people in Libya have more freedom than USA. Its sad that every country that can be independent and has enough resources to prosper without anyones help gets attacked because of jelousy. This world is just sick...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sounds like he was confusing "democracy" with "capitalism".

edit ps - nevermind... he attacked that one, too.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Cuervo because: ps

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
That was an amazing poem, you would never think it would be written by a ‘mad dog’ as the media likes to call him. Qaddafi, good or not, seems to actually care about his people and is willing to articulate that. Do any of you actually believe if placed in the same situation any of our ‘leaders’ would do the same? Would they be willing to die for their country and their people? Would they be willing to stand up against the most powerful military might the world has ever seen?

For all those who like to slam Qaddafi as a tyrannical dictator keeping his people living in a hellish wasteland I dare you to research Libya, I dare you! Here let me help you some:

Human Development Index – Libya has a “High human development”. It is #53 with a score of 0.755 which is higher than Saudi Arabia, Russia, Bulgaria, and is the highest in Africa.
Life Expectancy – Libya’s life expectancy is #40 at 77.26 years, the USA is #34 at 78.11, they have the highest life expectancy in Africa.
Literacy – Libya is #112 at 86.8% literacy rate, among the highest in Africa and the Middle East.
GDP (PPP) Per Capita – Libya is #63 at $13,805 a year as the per capita income which is 4th in Africa.
Debt – Libya has the least Public Debt among the studied nations with 3.30% and one of the lowest External Debt at 11.00%.
Corruption – Libya is at #146 for corruption, less than Russia at #154.

Say what you want about Qaddafi but he is not even half as bad as the media and our government portrays him to be.

What I find the most unfortunate about this entire poem however is that capitalism is now being equated with corporatism, which they are two absolutely different things, but thanks to our totalitarian and corrupt bureaucratic Western regimes they have skewed capitalism so horribly the two; corporatism and capitalism, are now perceived to be one and the same.

Link

True, on March 17, Gadhafi said he would show “no mercy.” But as Chapman notes, he was referring to “traitors” who resisted him to the end. And Gadhafi added, “We have left the way open to them.”
“Escape. Let those who escape go forever.” Gadhafi went on to pledge that “whoever hands over his weapons, stays at home without any weapons, whatever he did previously, he will be pardoned, protected.”

Our Western leaders are banking on the fact that we will never rise up against them for if we did then they know that power would not be handed over easily, they would want to do to us what they claim Qaddafi was doing to his people.

Truth be damned, we must help Al-Qaeda!
edit on 4/13/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

top topics

join