It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Projection of debris from Japanese Tsunami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I find this pretty interesting.

www.nbclosangeles.com...

The plume will reach the US West Coast, dumping debris on Californian beaches and the beaches of British Columbia, Alaska, and Baja California. The debris will then drift into the famous North Pacific Garbage Patch, where it will wander around and break into smaller and smaller pieces. In five years, Hawaii shores can expect to see another barrage of debris that is stronger and longer-lasting than the first one. Much of the debris leaving the North Pacific Garbage Patch ends up on Hawaii’s reefs and beaches.

It's pretty pitiful that we hear all of the daily focus on issues that are extremely difficult to resolve and are highly speculative in the first place such as Global Warming and carbon dioxide emissions and yet we sit around on our hands in regards to a giant island of trash spinning around in the middle of the ocean. Last time I checked, picking up trash was about the easiest way to positively impact nature imaginable. Why can't we send out a fleet of decomissioned shrimp trawlers to collect this trash and haul it to an incinerator somewhere?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow! That's incredible! Great find. Very frightening! Here comes Godzilla!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ewww. I bet that'll have some nasty toxic stuff in there as well - god only knows what sort of junk it pulled out to sea. Hopefully any nasty stuff will have diluted and dispersed by the time it reaches CA.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I'd definately stay away from the shoes..............

new topics

top topics

join