It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Dinosaur Species Daemonosaurus Fills In An Evolutionary Gap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Two great discoveries in one: a new species of dinosaur and a missing link

A newly-discovered species of dinosaur, the pint-size daemonosaurus chauliodus, finally plugs the evolutionary gap between the predators of the Triassic period, and the theropods of the Cretaceous period.

Daemonosaurus is a small, buck-toothed lizard with giant eyes. While paleontologists have only discovered the head and neck of the creature, it's likely that it was about the size of a dog and walked on its rear legs

It was previously thought that primitive theropod dinosaurs had all died out during the late Triassic/early Jurassic, this discovery now fills the gap.

The dinosaur still raises some questions, though. Its short snout is unlike the elongated noses of other early dinosaurs. It means that paleontologists still have a lot to learn about the early evolution of the creatures. "The continued exploration of even well-studied regions like the American Southwest will still yield remarkable new fossil finds," Sues said.

New Dinosaur Species Daemonosaurus Fills In An Evolutionary Gap

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Originally posted by Griffo
Two great discoveries in one: a new species of dinosaur and a missing link

Daemonosaurus is a small, buck-toothed lizard with giant eyes.

New discovery?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b729f1f72df.jpg[/atsimg]

I think not!

Good find, always love hearing about new discoveries in this field

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
haha ,dont worry they will feed us anything to make the evolution theory work.

you want a missing link ,we will give you one

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Who is this 'they'? I have no doubts that evolution occurs

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

He's a little cutie too!
Wish I could keep him for a pet.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Cyanhide

Who is this 'they'? I have no doubts that evolution occurs
I have no doubts about evolution either, but that's what people say about Piltdown Man

The Piltdown hoax is perhaps the most famous archeological hoax ever. It has been prominent for two reasons: the attention paid to the issue of human evolution, and the length of time (more than 40 years) that elapsed from its discovery to its full exposure as a forgery.
So if you never go any farther than that, it looks bad for scientists to accept a hoax for 40 years. Except they ignore this part of the story:

As early as 1913, David Waterston of King's College London published in Nature his conclusion that the sample consisted of an ape mandible and human skull.[3] Likewise, French paleontologist Marcellin Boule concluded the same thing in 1915. A third opinion from American zoologist Gerrit Smith Miller concluded Piltdown's jaw came from a fossil ape.

Anyway it gives scientists a reason to challenge each other regarding the accuracy of new finds, and they didn't all fall for the Piltdown man hoax contrary to what some people seem to want to believe.

Too bad they only found such small fragments of the missing link creature in the OP, it would be helpful if they could find more. It does make it easier to make mistakes when you don't have much of the creature to go on, but at least they have the skull, that's a pretty good identifier.

new topics

top topics

join