It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: 'Elections Shouldn't Matter as Much as They Do'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by fredvcall

No, that's your bias overlooking an honest statement.

Presidential elections are a production of drama. That is why we will NEVER have a competent president.
If you look at our friends in Europe, you will find that their elections are not nearly as publicized as they are here.

George Soros bought and paid Obama's election. Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers and a whole host of the American Communist Party coupled with ACORN and SEIU provided the drama.....Say, you're right. We don't have a competent president.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldsoulnewmind

I'd have to say you are right. Only I am too wordy where as you were spot on

Any time it comes to the likes of Pelosi or Dirty Harry Reid, no sense wasting words.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The very fact the this Professional Politica Punk named Pelosi doesn't understand that elections in this country in fact "don't" matter, at all, since when politicians are running to get elected, it's just a pre-cursor for them to continue running for office, while in office, using the tax=payers dime. Elections are about as useful as having Nancy Pelosi elected to a public office. It's all just part of the Nutcase World Order Smoke screen. Thanks for your wisdom Nancy. Now shut up and go grovel infront of more lobbyisits!
P.S., It's not just Pelosi. They are ALL worthless !!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 13-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredvcall

I could not agree more but I am thinking I might be the only one reading it without just hating the person who said it first. Try just looking at the words.
'Elections Shouldn't Matter as Much as They Do'

That does not say they should not matter. Do you all agree that the presidential ELECTION should matter so much that it lasts 2.5 years instead of finding a middle ground where the election matters but then so does that term of that elected president? Maybe if the politicians did their jobs instead of campaigning, things would actually get somewhere. Elections matter way too much in this country but that does not mean they should not matter. They should just not matter so much that we spend more time worrying about who is pretending to run than letting anyone ever do their job.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

I could not agree more but I am thinking I might be the only one reading it without just hating the person who said it first. Try just looking at the words.

That does not say they should not matter. Do you all agree that the presidential ELECTION should matter so much that it lasts 2.5 years instead of finding a middle ground where the election matters but then so does that term of that elected president? Maybe if the politicians did their jobs instead of campaigning, things would actually get somewhere. Elections matter way too much in this country but that does not mean they should not matter. They should just not matter so much that we spend more time worrying about who is pretending to run than letting anyone ever do their job.

I would agree with you and Pelosi but I have to consider Pelosi as the source of the quote in question. She for one has been a huge rhetoric machine, pseudo urging middle ground but acting the opposite and pushing partisanship. I don't care for the women that much is true and I can't help but ask why now is she saying this. I think that's why people are "reading" into this. I just wonder and this isn't directed so much to you but to anyone reading: If the reason elections are so overly sensationalized is because Hollywood has taken a vested interest in our politicians and politics and vice versa. I.e:www.youtube.com...

If it's constantly pounded into our day to day lives, if everything is politicized and polarized by the very people who are now asking for the people to not let it "matter as much as they do", it's hard not to see it as a some kind of M.O

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldsoulnewmind
I would agree with you and Pelosi but I have to consider Pelosi as the source of the quote in question.

Of course you do. I already acknowledged that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Damn it! Why can't you just hate her like everyone else does and not totally point out that I misread your post

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by oldsoulnewmind

OK that made me laugh. I have a reason, honest I do. I do not really know her enough to hate her. I do not know Boehner enough to hate him. There are people that no matter what they say, I hate hearing it come from them just like anyone else but when I stop and think just about what was said, I can get over it. I even find myself agreeing with Michael Savage now and then about some very specific thing but I am willing to bet my dislike for him outweighs your dislike for Pelosi.

Aside from that though, I do really dislike the power our elections have when compared to the outcomes of our elections. No one has time to do anything but raise money for the next campaign. We have people running for president already. They are rasing money, some of them are in office and using their time to promote themselves for the next election that is only about 600 days away or so, right? The debates, my god. They go on forever and are never really debates but truncated speeches given in choreogrpahed intervals. It is kind of sick the way we spend so much time on elections and so little time on governing. Just my 2 no matter who said it first.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

First of all, if you disassemble and analyze each word of a sentence uttered by Nancy Pelosi, you could better spend your time disassmbeling and analyzing the hand sign language of Cocoa the Gorilla.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

First of all, if you disassemble and analyze each word of a sentence uttered by Nancy Pelosi, you could better spend your time disassmbeling and analyzing the hand sign language of Cocoa the Gorilla.

The sad thing is that IMO most people would accept what the gorilla had to say over the statements made by nancy pelosi. Maybe they should take a poll on that question ...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm no Pelosi fan either, but what she says here makes sense. It shouldn't matter who our leaders are. ANY leaders should be interested in the welfare of the people. ALL people. Makes perfect sense to me.

On the surface, I have to agree with you. In fact. everyone should agree with this statement.

But where were you when our current crop of "leaders" (such as pelosi) demonstrated that they are not really interested in the welfare of the people?

Almost
to see people that once were all "you go girl!" for people like pelosi now saying in effect, "well, uh, she does make some sense ...".

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Clearly your bias is getting to you again..

EVERY presidential election is drama. It wasn't just about Obama, it was McCain. It was Gore, it was Bush.

Presidential elections are plays of drama, and any candidate that isn't in the drama isn't considered.

The more you go on about Soros the more you prove you are proving you don't care about actual issues, you just care about what you saw on Fox.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i think congress should have a mandatory retirement age so we dont ever have to heard the stupidity that keeps coming from them.

65 is good for me.

lets vote on it yeah or neah motion on the floor can i get a second

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

...and second of all...?

Anyway. I am not sure why you had to put so much effort into grasping it but all I did was read an 8 word statement and well...understand it. Hard to believe anyone would really have to get a chalkboard our and break that down but if that is where you are coming from, I will try to slow down.

If you spend all your time ignoring every word ever uttered by anyone you oppose, you only learn things you alredy know. I can hardly think of a better way to remain ignorant.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'd say a maximum term policy along with a forced retirement age for long incumbents would fit the bill.
We don't want them to stay too long, but if someone is older and in good health decides they want to serve their country before they die, I have no problem with wise elders sharing their wisdom.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

i have no problems with that

none whatsoever

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Wow. Where is Nancy Pelosi going with this one?

For the sake of discussion I will pretend you are sincerely asking.

After skipping the Weekly Standard out of context spin, plus Rush's take yada yada and watching the video...she was saying that everyone should have common goals...Kids, Education, Prosperity etc. and that elections should be about how we get there...as opposed to whether we will invest in Education, Infrastructure, the economy etc.

But with the GOP running scared from the TP...recent elections are effecting just those common programs.

She is saying, and you are welcome to agree or disagree with her, that the GOP should stand up to the extremists within thier own party, rather than run scared.

...all of that assuming you actually wanted to know "where she was going" with that clipped bit from her speech.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Abovetopsecret.comIt is pretty funny to see all the righties foaming at the mouth over what Nancy Pelosi said all while Republicans are actually doing away with elections for real in Mich. No need to worry about the Republicans actually usurping the people's voice, Pelosi said something you can pick apart.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Giving her the benefit of a favorable (albeit tenuous) construction -- Elections shouldn't matter to the extent that seemingly well over half of every congressman or woman's term is devoted to securing another one. Likewise, 1/2 of every presidential term seems devoted to either securing a second term or stumping on behalf of a chosen successor.

The election cycle now takes up more time for our elected representatives than the business of governing itself. So I would agree to a certain degree.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is the sort of thing a person says when they come to know that they just dont look good naked anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join