It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

marine claims photo has been doctored...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
picture doesnt look to be altered to me. this is why the rest of the world hates us....funny though..

www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here is the original... Or maybe just another doctored version of it...

www.glennbeck.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
kozmo...how r ya...i dunno, i think yours has been doctored, because on that first one, the kids hand is covering part of the word, just looks more natural...seems like more of marine thing to do as well...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Kozmo. Yours is doctored, I took a look at both in photoshop and I noticed that it looked as though they airbrushed yours a different color, and missed a spot in the coloring process

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am well, Thank you. And you?

I ran both photos through photoshop and didn't see anything in either that would be a clear indicator that either were doctored, although 1, if not BOTH, has obviously been doctored. I even ran them in negative images to see if there was any shading variation in the sign. Anti-aliased, re-toned, and pixel mapped didn't show enough to tell either.

Does it really matter though??? Both signs are tacky and tasteless and neither bodes particularly well for the marine in question.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
LMAO... I still love these pictures.

I don't care if they're fake or not.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is where the 'fun & games' started, please look at both links,
www.ryano.net...

And
www.ryano.net...

He/she is in media.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Dated April: "We take this very seriously and are investigating..."

Still waiting...

It'd be nice to know what he claims the sign originally said, since he says it's been doctored. There's a number for media contact but I'd hate to ask and get on some list for sedition. (Like I'm not already)

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
it is an internet joke/fake. I went to a site where you could put in what you wanted the sign to say and it would appear-it was funny as a joke. You could write, we smile and take food and stuff in front of them and stab thenm in the back when they are not looking.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
There's a number for media contact but I'd hate to ask and get on some list for sedition. (Like I'm not already)

WAAAAAAAAAY too late, RANT. I'm sure they've got your number already (mine too!)

But you bring up a great point, what EXACTLY is this marine claiming that the sign said BEFORE the "doctoring"? The only thing I've heard is that it's doctored. So what? Like I said before, the original post and my post... they both make this marine look horrible.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
very funny pics!!

Me personaly couldnt tell if they were doctored or not! but i suspect they were

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Maybe it was just a blank piece of cardboard?
He sent the image to someone and the rest is history.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If that first one is photoshopped, it's a darn good job. The shadows all match, the texture of the corrugation looks right (even in the interstices of the text).

I'm no pro but it looks real to me. If it is fake, someone took some real care and effort to do a convincing job.

The second one is less convincing. the corrugation is gone (although that could be a product of the image having been resized smaller) and some parts of the text like the first riser of the "M" right by the shadow on the left side look a little odd.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am amazed of how some of you are entertained by this sick picture. For those of you who approve of this, if it's real, it's a shame it wasn't your kids (if you have any) posing in the pictures. If you don't have any children, it's a shame you're not holding up the sign.

In the second picture, the one about Michael Jackson, you think these idiots would have taken into consideration how these people write. The writing appears too neat, not that of a marine. They typically write messy. I hope our government matches his writing. Maybe somebody should get a hold of a letter he's sent home. That would be interesting...

I see the humor, but just the tought of them being real, makes it go really fast. Imagine, these people provide your protection. Maybe when everything goes into chaos, and martial law is enforced, just maybe, this will be the guy protecting your house....

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't know how this marine photo hoax was done (software), but you can email
www.ryano.net...

A few months ago you could type in anything. I typed in 'looks like Gilligan'
and it worked fine. Also the same 'font' was always used, pity i didn't save it.

Sanc'.

new topics

top topics

join