It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink diamond fails to sell at auction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ok every ones whos so worryed about the mealt down of the worlds montairy systems and is yelling gold and silver oil and diamonds .
Here is the realaity of how much you can expect to get for these so called valuebles .
In the end its only worth as much as someone will pay for it .In this case NOTHING.
Let me put it another way so al the slow people can keep up.
you hord gold bars you buy each for say 10k and have 100 of them thinking now no matter what happens ill be fine .
the spit hits the fan transport is down power is down withing 2 weeks there isnt a apple to buy anyware .
Now you havent eaten any thing in days and you go over your nebers house and say ill give u a bar of gold for a apple (as they have some you know) your naber says nty I can sew with it i cant heat my home with it I cant ware it and keep cool or warm and i defintly cant eat it .
so hy horder freind how much is the gold silver diamond worth now?
these things which we put a value on have no worth what so ever except what we immange (key word there immange)
a starving person would gladly pay a ton of gold for a patatoe if you would sell it to them.
so if you really believe our montairy system will come crashing down when they baker takes your gold silver cash and cutes a pice of bread the same size dont be surpirsed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Organic seeds and coffee will be the new currency

Edit: and tools! how valuable is a saw or an axe when you cant make anything with your power tools
edit on 13-4-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ahhhh

Your calling other people slow?

I could barely understand your incoherent rambling and maze of run-on sentences.

Also, you say the key word is immange, but I'm not so sure that's even a word. Please use spell check, its built in for a reason.
edit on 13-4-2011 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

2nd

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Very true friend. I would like to point out that the emphasis on commodities is not for the event of a complete and utter collapse of all systems, but mainly as a hedge against the collapse of the dollar & current monetary systems themselves.

Your post does remind me of the supposed Cree proverb as well, though, and this definitely applies to all of us today regardless of the dollar or society's collapse:

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe -
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I don't understand the title of this thread.

As to your claim.. Yes I believe that's what would likely happen, I know people won't be trading food for gold, which is why I always tell people to invest in what matters most: Food, clothes, ammunition, medicine.. etc.

There's a possibility government agencies would be trading supplies for people with Gold, in order to try and help the economy, but.. then again..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Your right, most things are overpriced and not worth anything at all, we all know what we really need , food, water, shelter, and companionship
dimonds are one of the worst for this imagined value, a idea startedby de beers to sell more at a higher price.

www.straightdope.com...
www.niceice.com...
who started the diamond engagement ring fad?
it didnt really exhist before the 19th century
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I agree that people are getting out of hand with the "trade in your entire life savings for gold" and things of that nature.

A lot of fearmongering and dictating to do things that are some what unrealistic and rash.

But what I don't understand is how is a pink diamond related to gold and silver?

This is nothing other than an example of the hard times causing collectors and jewelers to crack down and not spend as much on rare pieces like they once use to, people are starting to be a little more reserved with their money as the current situation we are in is hurting all walks of life.
People aren't indulging as much as they use to, this is a hobby/life style as opposed to gold and silver being a more common type of currency.

It would be like saying "Gold and Silver have no value because a person couldn't sell a train set at an auction."

And just because a person has this belief system and fear of this nature does it make them "slow" some of your most intelligent people have been know to have some extreme and bizarre opinions.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

It took me 20 minutes to read the op

Not that I am a wonderful speller but come on man!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If your hiding because everyone is out to kill you for something to eat and your sitting beside a 1 lb. gold bar and a 1 lb. loaf of bread...see which one will keep you alive the longest....I would rather have 1 lb. of seed, 1 gal.. of water, and a 1 lb. hammer and axe head than 100 lbs. of gold.....when things go bad.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
your nebers house

Raises hand
stands up like Jason Lee

"Whats a Neber?"

waits for some one to yell "black rage"

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
Ahhhh

Your calling other people slow?

I could barely understand your incoherent rambling and maze of run-on sentences.

Also, you say the key word is immange, but I'm not so sure that's even a word. Please use spell check, its built in for a reason.
edit on 13-4-2011 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

Dude, devildog take the post as is, this is ATS not the spelling bee or a grammer thread. I found this to be thought provoking and a good read.
edit on 13-4-2011 by alalu the 2nd because: oops

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Edit: nevermind, it wasn't a joke.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Maybe the OP doesn't speak English as a first language, if you look at the context of each sentence it's fairly easy to work out what he meant and where he is going with the thread.
peace

S&F
edit on 13-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I know it hasn't got anything to do with what you've posted, but I am curious, are you by any chance dutch (from the netherlands)?

There's a saying that goes "he who has the gold, makes the rules" , but when the doo-doo hits the fan, he who has the gold, has a lot more to carry...
Now I'm on topic too

edit on 13-4-2011 by 2Faced because: GOLD!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
gold,silver,oil and diamonds aren't going to be worth anything if the monetary system comes crashing down the cattle i have out in my pasture right now will be worth more then any of those things mentioned at least i will be able to eat and barter..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So wait, because a natural pink diamond failed at auction that means that gold and silver are worthless too?

I used to be in the gem trading business. I only ever worked with colored stones. Colored diamonds were never among them, why? Because diamonds are only worth something to a trader if it's set in gold or platinum. Diamonds are not the same as other stones and do NOT hold value like precious metals.

Precious metals have a set purity and you can guarantee to be able to refine gold and silver to pure quality. Diamonds are a gamble and the heat treating process to remove impurities hurts it's value because its properties change. You get what you pull out of the ground with diamonds.

You cannot compare "precious" stones to precious metals.
edit on 13-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You beat me to it Amigo! Debeers has warehouses full of diamonds that only go to market when the price is right for them. For almost 100 years they controlled all the diamonds out of Africa and the Pacific Rim. It's only in the last 25 years that others have started to whittle away at their control of the market. Diamonds are just rocks that sparkle. They have some value in machining and other less important sectors of commerce but they are still just shiny rocks!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

join