It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette smoke can CURE cancer!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

#1) Mercury is not the cause of all illness..

#2) Is this article from the 1950s or are Indonesians about to watch their lung cancer rates to sky rocket?

Yes I know you are not advocating smoking, OP

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Get real,
while I love ATS,
I do not base my facts on lung cancer, with threads from here...
I like your out-of-the-water sources, but
until you can prove smoking DOES NOT cause lung cancer, I would
appreciate the *smoKinzs is gooDZ 4 U* comments for maybe 14-15 year
olds your trying to convince to (OMG) QUITE!!!!!.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I know mercury isn't the cause of all illness. The "PhD" from the source article is who said that.

Griya Balur founder Dr. Gretha Zahar told AFP she had treated 60,000 people with tobacco smoke over the past decade.

With a PhD in nanochemistry from Padjadjaran University in Bandung, West Java, Zahar believes that by manipulating the mercury in tobacco smoking can cure all diseases including cancer, and even reverse the ageing process.

www.rawstory.com...

And yes...this part is the most troubling about this. I don't see statistics on the caner rate, but if the smoking rate is going up, I'm sure the cancer rate is..or will.

According to the World Health Organisation, smoking rates have risen six-fold in Indonesia over the last 40 years. Smoking kills at least 400,000 people every year and another 25,000 die from passive smoking.

Yet Indonesia is the only country in Asia not to have ratified the WHO's Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, which sets policy recommendations and benchmarks for countries concerned about the health impacts of smoking.

Indonesia's biggest cigarette manufacturer, PT HM Sampoerna, is an affiliate of Philip Morris International. British American Tobacco bought Indonesia's fourth largest cigarette maker, PT Bentoel, for $494 million in 2009.

The government reaps about seven billion dollars a year in excise taxes from the industry, which employs scores of thousands of people around Temanggung in Central Java.

As we used to say in college...PhD really does in this case stand for Piled High and Deep.

edit on 13-4-2011 by webpirate because: Linear thought process

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
reply to post by Amaterasu

Get real,
while I love ATS,
I do not base my facts on lung cancer, with threads from here...
I like your out-of-the-water sources, but
until you can prove smoking DOES NOT cause lung cancer, I would
appreciate the *smoKinzs is gooDZ 4 U* comments for maybe 14-15 year
olds your trying to convince to (OMG) QUITE!!!!!.

Read the content here:

www.masternewmedia.org...

Then think.

EDIT to add: Heh. Prove that tobacco DOES cause cancer. You'll be the first.
edit on 4/13/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by Miraj

And yes...this part is the most troubling about this. I don't see statistics on the caner rate, but if the smoking rate is going up, I'm sure the cancer rate is..or will.

Given that there is no link between smoking and lung cancer - it will not be tobacco that increases the cancer - it will be Fukushima.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join