It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette smoke can CURE cancer!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
How you ask? Because it removes mercury from the body, and mercury is the cause of ALL illnesses.

Wait...what?

JAKARTA (AFP) – An Indonesian woman exhales cigarette smoke into the mouth of a gaunt, naked patient at a Jakarta clinic, where tobacco is openly touted as a cancer cure.

The Western patient is suffering from emphysema, a condition she developed from decades of smoking. Along with cancer and autism, it's just one of the ailments the Griya Balur clinic claims it can cure with cigarettes.

"I missed this," says the woman, a regular customer, with an American accent, as Phil Collins?s "I Can Feel It" blares in the background.

Full "Story"

The "treatment" for the emphysema sufferer includes the blowing of smoke from "divine cigarettes" infused with "nanotechnology" to remove their cancer-causing "free radicals", through a tube into her diseased lungs.

Smoke is also blown into her ears and nose, while she holds a cup of aspirin over her right eye. The Phil Collins music, it seems, has no curative properties.

Apparently these are no ordinary cigarettes. These are divine cigarettes! But you have to go to Indonesia to get them apparently. Parents are even giving them to their toddles there to "keep them quiet."
WTF?

It also sounds like this type of activity is being "supported" by the tobacco companies too there.
Where's Darwin when you need him? NVM. I think he will show up soon enough.....

EDIT:
Everyone..please note. I'm not presenting this article to advocate smoking. I'm presenting this to expose rampant stupidity prevalent around the world. Please don't shoot the messenger here. I do not believe in the curative properties of tobacco smoke for one instant.
Now divine cigarettes on the other hand......

edit on 13-4-2011 by webpirate because: Stupidity disclaimer

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is interesting; thanks for sharing. Can humans eat or consume animals or plants that have a small amount of mercury?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I think they are confusing smokes with pot.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Goes hand in hand with the idea that radiation ia good for us

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's even going to replace Valium there it sounds like!

Aris Widodo, a pharmacology professor at Brawijaya University in Malang, East Java, told the court that he had never heard of anyone dying from smoking. On the contrary, he said, smoking was good for you.

"Smoking can eliminate anxiety, sharpen concentration and calm the nerves. It?s a good cheap alternative to other expensive drugs, like Valium," he said.

from same article as above post is.

I still can't decide whether you get to smoke them yourself, or if this lady just smokes them in front of you and blows smoke in your face....wait..that sounds familiar...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The "treatment" for the emphysema sufferer includes the blowing of smoke from "divine cigarettes" infused with "nanotechnology"

The only divine cig's I ever smoked aren't legal...and mercury is the cause for all illnesses..? This story is poo poo.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

The "treatment" for the emphysema sufferer includes the blowing of smoke from "divine cigarettes" infused with "nanotechnology"

The only divine cig's I ever smoked aren't legal...and mercury is the cause for all illnesses..? This story is poo poo.

Oh..I know this isn't real as far as a legitimate treatment. There was a large amount of sarcasm oozing through the smoke in my posts. This is apparently real though in the fact that it is happening. It's like 1890's America all over again...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
mercury is the cause of ALL illnesses.

Actually, breathing oxygen causes all illnesses

I agree, tobacco in moderation can possibly be beneficial in some circumstances (and yes, I smoke, though only a pipe) but overall it is better not to smoke at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There is actually a more profesional term for this...

Its called quackery!

Link

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yesssss! Now I know that when I get cancer from smoking, I can smoke something else to clear it up!! Woohoo! Sounds good to me!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

Well yes, fish contain mercury... if you eat too much fish you can get mercury poisoning...
Ever wonder why Sylvester Stallone sounded and acted so odd in the Rocky movie?
He claimed he ate a lot of Tuna and shellfish for the protein, so it would help his workouts and ended up with Mercury Poisoning... I can't find a source... but I heard him say it years ago on a talk show...

Also a bit of info about the Mercury in fish...

American Heart Association concerning Mercury found in fish

Hope that helps some!

...and on stay on topic I will add...

I smoke a lot of tobacco... I find it to be very therapeutic... It relax's me and is the perfect end to a good meal or as a companion to a nice hot cup of coffee... or the end of a long day...

...But my grandma did die of Lung Cancer... so

edit on 4/13/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
One might be surprised at the benefit of "Kretek".
Eugenol, a constituent of clove, is an anesthetic.
Clove is also an expectorant, causing the lungs to expend things such as phlegm.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So any cancer found will be blamed on Phil Collins?

I have a rule about cigarettes - every scientific study just damns them further. Even in the last few years, the studies have shown more and more harm for passive smokers - particularly babies. If I believed in evil then these would be them.

Cancel relieved by Cancer sticks - quite ironic

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Exactly,,,,it's all Phil Collins fault.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I call total BS (not on the op) on the people perpetuating this!!

Thirty years ago my parents might have believed this, but now??????

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I am not surprised. Cigs didn't "cause cancer" until after the mid-1940's when they exploded the Trinity device in the upper atmosphere, after which a rash of cancers cropped up. They needed a scapegoat, and since people were getting skin and lung cancers from contacting and breathing the particles, they blamed sun and cigs. (Didn't want to stop their weapons testing!)

Interestingly, caner is much higher amongst those who QUIT smoking than in those who have not.

Also, in 50+ years of testing pure tobacco, no study has shown a link to cancer. To keep the lie going, they require radioactive fertilizer, use fiberglass filters (MANY lung tumors from smokers have small bits of fiberglass at the core!), and saturate the tobacco in carcinogenic chemicals.

So, when put together... Tobacco is GOOD, government is BAD... And the advice to quit? Bad advice.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
So any cancer found will be blamed on Phil Collins?

I have a rule about cigarettes - every scientific study just damns them further. Even in the last few years, the studies have shown more and more harm for passive smokers - particularly babies. If I believed in evil then these would be them.

Cancel relieved by Cancer sticks - quite ironic

Who funded all these studies...?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I will not live in this *ignorance is bliss* deniable syndrome!!

Government is bad------ smoking is bad, TOOOOO much McDonald's is bad---
not exerting yourself to excitingly exercise is bad also !!!

F this nanny state BS lets call a spade a spade..

If you smoke you need to stop,

If your over weight you DO need to loose it....

I don't care what gender, size, ethnicity, person you are, this is true!~!!!!

Should the government tell you what to eat, smoke, how to live..... NO!!!!

Use common sense.. I AM NOT PERFECT, DO NOT LIVE IN DENIAL!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So is this the new stuff that the tobacco companies are pushing to say cigarettes are good so kiddies smoke up get hooked and pay us?

Show me a legitimate study. Also my goodness me mercury is the cause of lung cancer, emphysema and all the other things APPARENTLY linked with cigarette smoking!! I'm sorry but I smell a heaping pile of steaming bull excrement.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
reply to post by Amaterasu

I will not live in this *ignorance is bliss* deniable syndrome!!

Government is bad------ smoking is bad, TOOOOO much McDonald's is bad---
not exerting yourself to excitingly exercise is bad also !!!

F this nanny state BS lets call a spade a spade..

If you smoke you need to stop,

If your over weight you DO need to loose it....

I don't care what gender, size, ethnicity, person you are, this is true!~!!!!

Should the government tell you what to eat, smoke, how to live..... NO!!!!

Use common sense.. I AM NOT PERFECT, DO NOT LIVE IN DENIAL!!!

[shrug] Got you panties in a wad there, do you? Common sense tells me that recent issues with smoking are probably caused NOT by tobacco but by some other factor. Why all of a sudden? Why don't they herald all these studies with organic tobacco which show cancer? Oh. There are none.

Here's some reading for you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of good info.

EDIT to add more:

edit on 4/13/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

EDIT to add: Ah. Finally found the thread I was looking for:

edit on 4/13/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

new topics