It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chicago school district planning to not allow kids to bring their own lunch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
not sure if this been or even the right forum but they say school food is healthier than a "brown bag lunch".
i don't have kids but if i was to give them lunch meat or leftovers from dinner and some fruit what is wrong with that?
leftover meatloaf for a sandwich that is homemade maybe fried chicken- whatever. and if they want a cookie or brownie for dessert so what?gubment is now telling us how to raise our children.
edit on 13-4-2011 by bigfoot1212 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by bigfoot1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Link please??
2nd

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
screw that...why should kids be forced to eat the garbage they serve in schools? because they believe that they know whats best? what a joke!!! i know when my kid goes to schoool even if they trying doing this in otther places tht she will take and eat whatever she wants and what i think is best for hr

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by redNyx

sorry don't know how to link things- but it is on cnn .
how i heard about it- just saw it this morning

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
considering how much school lunch cossts, it's absolutely wrong to mandate parents don't have an option.

Free or reduced price lunches are not available to most families who work for a living. Lunches cost $3+ in my area, which adds up if you have three or four kids in school. For that $10 to $15 a day I can buy a lot of healthy food for my kids. I've seen what they serve for lunch and it's not healthy.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As there is a discussion here about these lunches, this duplicate will be closed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join