It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That weird ringing in the ears

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

I am worried that its electromagnetism of some sort. It makes me want to move beyond the reach of wireless networks and cell phone towers and transmiters of all sorts so badly.

I once visited a place like that in a remote location in Costa Rica and I slept like a person who hadn't slept for years and had extremely vivid dreams (I don't generally recall dreams.)

Makes me so annoyed to realize that the water's spiked with all sorts of stuff, the food hides all sorts of pesticides and additives, and now the magnetoshere is polluted with unatural wavelenghts of every kind.

No wonder autism has exploded on the scene.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

The only difference I notice with mine is that I don't notice it when I'm in a noisy environment. Otherwise, I'd say it's constant and nearly as loud as somebody conversing with me. I wish something was causing it that I could put my finger on. Maybe your are right and it's some kind of communications frequencies interfering with our brains natural activity. I am actually an engineer working for a government agency that regulates this stuff. That's one reason I don't own a cell phone.

As far as a new level of consciousness I can't really speak to that. If it is, I think it sucks because when I'm in a quiet environment I feel like crap and would rather go back to whatever old level of consciousness I was at before.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Wow, I feel like I've seen this thread before but never really never read paid attention to it...

Now that I think about it, I know exactly what you're talking about. It used to happen a lot when I was kid, and it was almost as if the entire pressure of the atmosphere around you just dropped. You get a slight that slight ringing in your ears and everything feels a little eerie (it's not necessarily scary, just gets your attention).

When I was a kid this would happen when I thought I was completely alone, usually in my house, and it usually happened right before my parents walked in the door or my dog was nearing my room. It used to happen when I was with my babysitter as well, I would always tell her when my parents were about to pull up in the driveway. It freaked her out at first, but we made a game out of it after I was almost always spot on. Sometimes, although rarely, when I was alone and nothing would show up and I always thought to myself, "I bet that's Grandpa coming in to check on me" (of course he was dead). I never really gave this feeling much thought...I just relished the thought that no one would ever be able to sneak up on me.

I've completely forgotten about those days...thanks for the nostalgic ride OP. I'm definitely a more logical and skeptical person now, but you never forget what used to be real to you.

Edit: I completely blew over reading the opening post lol, sorry I just got excited remembering those days. But of course, I always catch when someone is staring at me, or when I look into someones car while driving they almost always look back. I usually keep my phone on silent because I can "sense" when I'm about to get a call(and because ringtones are annoying as hell)...everyone does those things if they choose to be aware of their surroundings.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Nostradumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I just came across this website yesterday and I wish I hadn't...I'm too busy reading to get any work done.
So, here's my story:
It was probably 1997 or 1998 and I was 15 or 16. I use to go with my brother to visit his friend. We'd park on the side of the street and walk maybe 40 or so feet to the front door. We'd walk by an oak tree in the yard and every time my left ear would start ringing very loudly. Of course the first time I didn't give it much thought. But after 3 or 4 times of going to the house and hearing the ringing start while in a certain place in the yard, I got a little curious. I asked my brother a few times if he heard it too, but he did not. I couple of times he'd even put his ear right next to mine as we walked to see if he'd hear it. This happened at least 20 to 30 times. Always the same thing, every single time. Years later, I was with my cousin and we ended up at the same house (different people were renting it by now), but I didn't hear the ringing. We went back to the house maybe 4 or 5 times, I'd go to the same spot, but never heard it again.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join