It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Usgs hidding quakes from Yellowstone and Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't know why but USGS still hidding informations about earthquake
For Japan:
quake.twiple.jp...
And Yellostone, same thing. They delete data since february:
www.youtube.com...=33

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow. My guess would be they don't tell us about yelowstone because it is a super volcano. If it gets to active it could go off. Its not like our gov tells us the truth anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I recently did a post on this and received some very interesting comments.

ATS link

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

i didn't see it sorry

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think that Yellowstone is one of the most seismic places on earth, correct me if i'm wrong. I don't see the big deal and neither do the scientist because there has always been tons of activity there. That would explain the "lack" of attention that it gets. I know that Alaska is one of the most seismically active places on Earth and how often do we hear about EQ's up there?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

because if yellowstone is in activity, there a real dangerous situation for people living at 160km around. Although, it is a super volcano, if it explodes, it can be 1000 upper explosive than St Helens

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
reply to post by kimish

because if yellowstone is in activity, there a real dangerous situation for people living at 160km around. Although, it is a super volcano, if it explodes, it can be 1000 upper explosive than St Helens

You may have missed my point. Yellowstone has always been VERY active. I don't think they are going to publish every single seismic event because there is too much. I am well aware of the dangers. It scares the crap out of me! if the baby explodes just about everything east of it is doomed due to the air currents that would carry all that ash that if inhaled would lacerate your lungs. It's a very ugly scenario. I saw the Discovery channel show on it a few years back.
edit on 13-4-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
because they dont want us to know how active Yellowstone and other places really are...they are way more active than what they allow you to see...they control what we are allowed to know and has always been that way

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Than why would they be hiding all the seismic activity in Alaska? To my knowledge there is no super volcano there. Yes it's a HUGE deal that Yellowstone is active but it always has been and I think that people are just more aware of it now than they have been in the past.

I do whole heartedly agree that they control what they want us to know and so forth. Maybe its for our own good? To prevent mass panic? Who knows. Theres is always a reason behind something that sometimes we just look past. Like for example, why don't we produce cars that last 50 yrs? We have the ability to do so but in the same breath how many jobs would be lost if we only needed to buy a care every 50 yrs as opposed to every 10?. I hope you got my point, I'm not always crystal clear when I try to explain things. Lol

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

so why are quakes being censored ?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Well if they are being censored instead of the geologist being lazy for posting all 1000+ EQ that happen there yearly my guess would be to prevent mass panic. Things would get real ugly real soon if you think about it.
If the government came out and said that there is a 50/50 chance the world would end within the next year there would be tons of looting, rioting, raping, pillaging, etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Suppose this activity is normal, constant...no eruption. But i can't accept the fact, when you are a sismolog, you don't hide your results, logic no ?
I just want the world don't hide the truth because when the day will appear in which we will discover the truth by ourselves, it will be a chaos.

After all, when the world will shake, it will shake.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I agree %100. We shouldn't be left in the dark on these matters but in retrospect it could be for the good of all... to stop mass hysteria or they don't feel it's very important because its something that is rather common. I mean, for example, we don't hear about every single tornado that happens, do we? Or every major thunderstorm.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
IMO there is a degree of censorship being applied especially with regards to Yellowstone.

I have noticed that since the new year possibly a little before RSOE which used to be my bible, stopped listing last activity in their easy to read chart form, you now have to click directly to view the information.

Trouble is usually there were months where more activity was recorded, and there were months when there was less, on Feb 12th or there abouts I clicked and found Yellowstone had registered about 6 recorded episodes of activity in a 24 hour period, nothing to write home about, but there for all to see, then a little while after I noticed that seismic activity wasn't being recorded as frequently i.e last activity on report was 1st or 3rd of March, next report was the 29th March thats almost a month, and IMO highly irregular from what I remember seeing as the norm.

My personal theory is RSOE is being censored for having been too upfront about their realtime worldwide disaster info, especially as they have added the mass animal death portion.

Furthermore I can see how feesible censorship of this info is, as more and more people access the web, in turn more and more of them wish to access info to earthquake, solar, and volcanic events, more people are watching, and more importantly they are being flagged as paying more attention, not on an individual basis, but as a whole, this IMO makes scientists more sensitve to what info they put out there, as they know the layman could extrapolate the wrong conclusion.

I think its fair to say many more people pay attention to earth induced events nowaday's due to the number of high profile crisis events that have occurred in recent years, I know I for one have pricked my ears up in repsonse .

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

yes, the name of this site simbolises that after all.
Now enjoy the life

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

A lot of us also think they don't put all of the Arkansas quakes up. *sigh*

(Which, by the way, isn't because we don't have rational thought, it's because Arkansans feel lots of movement and quakes and they are never put on USGS. I've heard people who live near Yellowstone experiencing the same thing).
edit on 13-4-2011 by tmar11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
reply to post by kimish

yes, the name of this site simbolises that after all.
Now enjoy the life

I plan to. And you do the same

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The reason they appear and disappear so fast on these time-lapse charts, is because there is so much seismic activity in the area, that if they didn't, it would just end up one great big giant blob of yellow on the chart (Making it useless). They aren't censoring data. They're just providing clear, readable data.

All the daily charts for each seismometer in Yellowstone can be found here.

The application of logic and a rational thought seems to be a dying art these days.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would greatly appreciate anybody that can verify the following simple information. It is important to me to get the facts.

On April 11th, I recently checked the USGS website for the first time this year, to see a list of earthquake activity in the last 30 days.

When I checked the the USGS link that provides the data for the "Past 8-30 days"(world-wide) it WRONGLY SHOWED data for March 9th through to March 31st, when it should have instead displayed data from March 13th to April 4th.

The data for April 1st/2nd/3rd/and 4th, were not available on either the "Past 7 days (M5+)" link NOR on the "Past 8-30 days" link when I checked late night April 11th.

Did anybody else notice that on April 11th, and perhaps April 9th to April 11th, that the "the Past 8-30 days" link was NOT properly updated? and if so, is it common for that USGS link to show the wrong range of dates(8-30) for several days at a time?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The USGS, does not report quakes under 4.0 for other countries that are not part of the continental, or are US protectorates etc. It's not a conspiracy. In any case Japan has been having after shocks every 5 minutes, if not more frequently.

Ok?

Without going overly in depth into the mechanics of EQ monitoring, try to pick out anything under a 4.0 is an exercise in futility at the distance the USA is from Japan. Simply due to water absorbing some of the signal, distance the signal has to travel through the ocean sediments and the rock itself under it. It'd be like trying to hear the sound of a single firecracker going off several states away.

As for Yellowstone, if you spend time looking at the recorders, you may see a signal on one that isn't on the others, and think it is a quake or that it is being hidden. It's not the case. You have to check more than 1 sensor in the part to pick up -if- a quake happened. You have to cross check time of the quake and see if the times are close enough to be a quake.

Then once you have done -THAT- you need to check to see if there was a corresponding quake -ELSEWHERE- in the country. Not to mention that any quake over a 5.0 -WILL LIKELY- show up on sensors all over the world. So then you have to cross check against -THAT AS WELL-.

Lastly if an event has been removed after review BY A SEISMOLOGIST, it means that the quake was likely a- man made, 2- none geologic, 3- computer error, 4- environmental (snow ice etc.)

No conspiracy.

M.

new topics

top topics

join