It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish everyone would NOT vote for a real change!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am so sick of the political drama and it is only going to get worse before the next presidential election.

Point is, we all know that it is never to vote for anyone we really want in office, because those people are not politicians!

So the only thing left is to do what we have all been conditioned to do and that is to vote against who we most do not want.

Enough of the bs! There should be a new movement to get every man and woman to not vote! If not a single person went to the polls, what would happen? Would there be a draw?

You know as well as I that our vote has nothing to do with politics, it is simply placating individuals to make believe they have a voice, that their candidates are chosen by the people.

We all laugh as we watch the chosen take their new positions in all of the war torn countries who have won the chance to become a democracy, we KNOW that the politicians of their country were chosen even before the war, before the changing of the infrastructure and the upheaval of the power positions.

Yet Americans seem to think that their vote counts? Only the propaganda which creates social frenzy wins the political game.

God I wish if just once, not a single person showed up at the polls and sent a message to all of the world leaders that we know there is no candidate worthy of anyone's vote.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Vote independent, that would throw a wrench in the game! I no longer affiliate myself with the 2 party paradigm.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The only bad part about voting indy is that person can not win with the two party system. It is like throwing your vote away. It's sad but its true. I really wish it wasn't like that though.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

I do agree, the winning candidate has already been arranged through the powers that be. The election is just a means to make the people " feel " like they par took in something. It was decided months ago behind clothes doors...Bilderberg group anyone?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i must say go Ron Paul if that dosnt work then we are all doomed

edit:
i wonder if he would be on top in pools would we see an assasination attempt? or would they wait till after elections...

US MIC need to die
edit on 13/4/2011 by reassor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It's good to see I am not the only one that feels this way.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by reassor

Between Ron and Rand, they are the only ones with a sense of responsibility.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by reassor

Right and yet when it all goes down he is just going to become another shill in the NWO. Think about it again it is like I stated in the Op that we can only vote against those we dont want, Paul is not the answer either, he is after all a politician.

Many of his ideas are pretty damn scary if you think beyond tomorrow and into ten years down the line.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
reply to post by antar

The only bad part about voting indy is that person can not win with the two party system. It is like throwing your vote away. It's sad but its true. I really wish it wasn't like that though.

I feel this way as well but I will either not vote at all in 2012 or vote for a non big 2 party.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
BS... (OP)...

There is no rule that says you have to vote for one of the two party candidates.

You should not feel your vote is "wasted" if you've voted your conscience.

If more people simply voted for who they wanted to be President, vs. voting for one of the two to not have the other one win....we might actually end up with someone we want.

Personally, when the time comes, I'm voting for who I would WANT to see President, and that's it. Whether I think they have a realistic chance or not...if more did the same, we could at least send a message.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I agree,OP! we sholud stage a voter protest sit out and watch the system grind to a halt.Yes,the winners are predetermined but how would they be able sell any of the victors as having been chosen by the "will of the people."?

new topics

top topics

join