It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Just Said that 'Welfare' Made This Country Great...While Trying to Quote Lincoln...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 15FORreal
reply to post by fredvcall

i think there is gunna be some knid of BIG civil war or WW3 within the next 5 years...i live in Canada but ppl in the states need to rebel..thats why ur gov is soo strong..they know ppl are scared of the government

I think you may be right.
The division in the US is startling.
Just look at some of the posts on ATS.
These people take their parties very serious.
I just hope i can weather the storm once it hits.
But what kind of world will be left is the question.
Reverting back to the stone age will not be fun.
Maybe i can make to Canada.
But don't shoot me as i cross the border, LOL!
edit on 15-4-2011 by shtf2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shtf2012

i think there is gunna be some knid of BIG civil war or WW3 within the next 5 years...i live in Canada but ppl in the states need to rebel..thats why ur gov is soo strong..they know ppl are scared of the government

What Ray Kurzweil calls his version of the 'Singularity,' when machines match wits with humans.

The world will lookl ike it's got a lot more ocean front property and a lot fewer people. Neutron and directed energy weapons will be the preferred methods of conducting war with less property collateral damage. When I said that thermonuclear devices will be employed, that was tongue in cheek. Thermonuclear devices are becoming outdated and used by terrorists with limited resources.

Welfare and overpopulation are two items nobody wants to talk about. Instead, they talk about global warming and earthquakes and HAARP created hurricanes and such.

The future is very Darwinian. Those who rely on welfare won't have much of a survival rate. Except for those who retreat to those nooks and crannies of atavistic lifestyle reversion.

Yeah, might as well let the welfare checks flow until the global economy takes a header and WWIII comes in to clean up the mess.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Originally posted by fredvcall

Yes. You should come into a forum to debate that you should not debate at all. That is a good way to utilize your time and opinions.

Debating is one thing, obviously, having closed-minded discussion on BOTH sides, is another...neither wins, just like you won't and neither will your opponents.

But rest assured that I do take my own advice, and this will be the first and last time that I respond to you, so feel free and talk it up all you want but in the end, who is really utilizing time and opinions flippantly?

Good luck.

In the final analysis, political debate will be placed somewhere in a museum of antiquities.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It is truly eye opening that BOTH sides see this apocalyptic vision of the future, IF the 'other guy' has his way.

The irony is, the two arguments are not mutually exclusive, in fact, they are discussing the same situation in this moment from two distinct viewpoints. Liberals want an even playing field, so that we as a society can exploit everyone's greatest potential. Conservatives want hard work, so that we as a society can exploit everyone's greatest potential.

This argument is about which way we should go around the mulberry bush. Bottom line is this: either we learn to be compassionate, we take care of one another's basic needs without all the whining, OR we let nature do its thing, and most perish fighting over crumbs in the street. We have to settle which direction we intend to go, each of us, individually.

It breaks down to this: Money is a collective illusion that we use, because barter amongst 6 Billion people gets complicated. But, there is no one to say that we couldn't one day see technology that could handle it. Until then, pay your debts, plant a garden and learn how to make water potable.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
. Bottom line is this: either we learn to be compassionate, we take care of one another's basic needs without all the whining, OR we let nature do its thing, and most perish fighting over crumbs in the street. We have to settle which direction we intend to go, each of us, individually.

Compassion often has very little to do with survival. You don't hear the phrase, "Survival of the Compassionate," very often. It's more, "Survival of the fittest," that pertains.

The planet is too overcrowded as it is. And it's getting worse. Humans are not like the insect world where billions upon billions can subsist. The bees are disappearing. The birds are dropping out of the sky. The sewers of New York are clogging up. The infrastructure is crumbling.

Know what the good part about gasoline being too expensive for the average family? There will be less cars on the road deteriorating the pavement.

Personally, the compassionate are the first to go. They have become the weak link in society. I'm not talking just about American society. China doesn't put up with compassion. Russia doesn't put up with compassion. Cuba and Venezuela won't put up with compassion. Compassion slows a society down for the predators.

But, you have free will. You are allowed to be compassionate as you want to be. It's that you don't have a right to complain to us when your survival rate goes to nil. You make your decisions. You live with the consequences. Welfare isn't going to save that portion of society. Welfare is going to destroy that portion of society.

Oppps.....I wasn't being political correct and handing everyone a bucket of bull to make them feel better in their stages of denial.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
It is truly eye opening that BOTH sides see this apocalyptic vision of the future, IF the 'other guy' has his way.

And you are very correct when you say both sides see the inevitable truth....and there's a good sized segment of both sides who try to deny what they see.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
reply to post by meeneecat

Meeneecat,

I applaud you for that, and SO as well as I have read and re-read that thread many times.

Over the course of my years here at ATS what I can tell you is this, if you want to know the REAL truth though, behind eliminating what SO has outlined? Unfortunately is only one. Stop responding to them.

When you come into forums such as these with high hopes of rational debate and discussion, you will be let down every time. Not because of the dynamic of the forums themselves, but because, in essence, most people do not WANT rational debate or discussion, what instead they DO tend to want more often is, themselves to be seen as having the only right answer. This is the battle that should be fought, and in that, there IS no winning.

I understand. I just really bothers me when people spread blatant lies and when you physically show them that what they are spreading is lies (by posting objective data, facts, evidence, etc.) they shove their fingers in their ears and start chanting "NA NA NA NA NA NA....can't hear you! I'm right NA NA NA NA NA" ... It's not so much the forum that bothers me, it's that in the real world there exist TONS of these people that could not give a rats bum about the truth because it's more important for them to feel they are the only one with the right answer (as you said)...and then these people go out and talk to other people and spread their lies, and pretty soon you have a whole voting district believing things like "90% of what planned parenthood does is abortion" and "the majority of people on welfare are black and from the city and don't work"...and I guess you can see where I'm going with this...it soon becomes mass ignorance that is easily exploitable by TPTB...which effects the rest of us because we are then all held captive to this ignorance. As Skeptic said "The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses". So yeah, I guess I was a bit naive coming into this forum and hoping to have an intellectually honest and stimulating debate...I have such a hard time giving people a "pass" on obvious blatant lies...but I'm going to keep your advice in mind, and just not feed these trolls. Thanks for reading my post by the way...the fact that I know at least a couple people on here appreciate the truth makes me feel infinitely better. Deny ignorance!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shtf2012

Don't worry, the Canadian government makes it hard for a law abiding citizen to obtain a firearm, only the thugs and criminals have guns over here.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

yeah..i think that WW3 wll be some bad..that the next war will be fought with sticks and stones..

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join