It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama Just Said that 'Welfare' Made This Country Great...While Trying to Quote Lincoln...

page: 7
20
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


Of course you need to make some money but not become rich. There are some people who only care about the money and not the human beings who need the services. Who ever takes a job in the health care industry has a duty to care about the people they serve.




posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by abecedarian
 



I do understand it, and the comparison stands. O'Care is just another way for the gov't to get in your wallet and pay more for something you already receive.


Please explain the mechanism that does this in the Health Care Reform bill.

Sources would be nice.

Read the bill. There's your source.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


Yup my bad, just saw that myself~ I stand corrected.


It's amazing to me that people are starring your post...it's even more amazing to me that you haven't gone back to correct that post and delete that information.

People who starred that post most likely know believe that the US has had negative GDP growth...and will most likely go spread that incorrect information.



Think you need to re-check that there slim!



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
By the way health care should never be about profit. Anyone in health care who is looking a huge profit needs to get out of the industry now!


So now you've just removed the motive for anyone to enter the health care profession: doctor, nurse and even pharmacist. Way to go.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by abecedarian
 



I do understand it, and the comparison stands. O'Care is just another way for the gov't to get in your wallet and pay more for something you already receive.


Please explain the mechanism that does this in the Health Care Reform bill.

Sources would be nice.

Read the bill. There's your source.


Which part, specifically, should I be reading???

Page, Section...you can even post a little snippet youself. I'd hate to think you are just repeating talking points you heard on some conservative talk show.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by neo96
 


Of course you need to make some money but not become rich. There are some people who only care about the money and not the human beings who need the services. Who ever takes a job in the health care industry has a duty to care about the people they serve.



Then what is the point of enterprise, and starting your own business, if not for making profits? For the fun of it. Simple principle here dreamer, you start a business to turn a profit, simple concept to understand.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker
 


and just exacty who are you to define what is rich in this country

are you going to sit there and let someone else dictate how much you get to earn you won't so why do you think you get the right to dictate what someone else gets.
edit on 13-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by abecedarian
 


It would lower our standard of living and make us look truly pathetic. If we are the richest country in the world we need to live like that and help those who need it.


I think possibly it might be already to late on that score. But hey, you could always vote in Palin to restore Amerika` standing in the world.

The problem in the US, is that they attribute moral superiority to the wealthy and degenracy to poor folk.
It doesn`t really matter how you made your money, fraud, asset stripping, offshoring of jobs, gunrunning etc.As long as you got money your cool. On the other hand If you grew up in a poor area and had a substandard provision of education, from an underfunded poorly trained and motivated staff, there is a high likelyhood you`ll end up working a low skill low pay job. When those jobs are shipped out, your left to rust just like the town.

Yeah I know people from poor backgrounds, without education can make it to the top, but they`re the exception rather than the rule.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded
 


This exculdes health care because that is not a business but a basic need.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


Yup my bad, just saw that myself~ I stand corrected.


It's amazing to me that people are starring your post...it's even more amazing to me that you haven't gone back to correct that post and delete that information.

People who starred that post most likely know believe that the US has had negative GDP growth...and will most likely go spread that incorrect information.



Think you need to re-check that there slim!



Sorry...I didn't notice you replaced one huge external quote with another instead of just making a new post



The fact is that my stats were updated...and you tried to use UK stats to slip them past me and everyone else on ATS....and when I called you on it...you just changed the entire post. :shk:



6.7 % is still low growth, comparatively speaking in years past.


Growth is growth...and since we have had growth in the past 6 quarters...we are no longer in a recession. I'm glad to see you admit that Obama has gotten us out of the recession.



You have gone from using a 2009 article, to using UK stats, to now saying that the growth isn't good enough



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saracen1

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by abecedarian
 


It would lower our standard of living and make us look truly pathetic. If we are the richest country in the world we need to live like that and help those who need it.


I think possibly it might be already to late on that score. But hey, you could always vote in Palin to restore Amerika` standing in the world.

The problem in the US, is that they attribute moral superiority to the wealthy and degenracy to poor folk.
It doesn`t really matter how you made your money, fraud, asset stripping, offshoring of jobs, gunrunning etc.As long as you got money your cool. On the other hand If you grew up in a poor area and had a substandard provision of education, from an underfunded poorly trained and motivated staff, there is a high likelyhood you`ll end up working a low skill low pay job. When those jobs are shipped out, your left to rust just like the town.

Yeah I know people from poor backgrounds, without education can make it to the top, but they`re the exception rather than the rule.


I suppose it's a good thing I work in an industry that requires physical presence and labor- no way to outsource that to Pakistan or India.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


It really doesnt matter what I think is rich; it just matters that we don't kill our citzens and let them suffer. No one should suffer while another person owns 2 or 3 homes. There needs to be a system that is more fair. I am not for the rich only because they overconsume and are out of touch with the average person.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 

Massive spending got us out of the recession. They hope the wealth effect will take hold and turn us around. Once that program is finished, then we can see if we truly can recover. There are those that are now coming forward to say we will be back in recession by the end of the year. Things are bad, really, really bad right now.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker
 


i don't care about what someone else has i don't care what anyone else does i take care I DO of me and mine.

and i don't blame anyone else for any of my problems.

i think your out of touch to just sit there and think someone else is going to do everything for you
edit on 13-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker
 


It sounds like you need to read the Constitution to see that the government has no power, nor obligation to provide anything for the individual at the expense of another.

Nothing stopped the poor person from owning 2 or 3 homes except their own irresponsible choices.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 





You have gone from using a 2009 article, to using UK stats, to now saying that the growth isn't good enough



When there are 300 million (+) people in the US, 6.7% growth hardly scratches the surface of growth.


ETA: I find it amazing that the very subject you wish to decry, when I proved you wrong by editing my original post, you still weren't happy? Lose credibility much?

edit on 13-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker


I have always made low wages


Why is that?

Not motivated enough to improve, or something else?



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredvcall


In the Obama/Soros plan, the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer.


You think that is an Obama plan? You think that is something new under the Obama Administration? I got news for you. That has always been the case. Open a History book.

Yes, it sucks. I hate that these latest budget cuts will affect medicare/medicaid here in Texas. Cutting spending by 33 % when Texas is already 49th in the country for how much it spends per medicare recipient.

As usual, the poor and disabled pay first. Why? Because they don't have lobbyists to scare off the government pick pockets....

Personally, I would support a pay cut for the politicians in Washington. You think they would go for that? Hmm... Think they care more about their country or their wallet?

But yeah, I would support the US government taking a page from Lee Iacocca's play book. Don't know who he is? He single handedly brought back Chrysler from going out of business. How? He cut his paycheck to 1 dollar per year. Hey, he could afford it. All that money he cut from his paycheck went into the company and he saved it.

Now, let's see our government do that one! ( I won't hold my breathe)



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Originally posted by dreamseeker


I have always made low wages


Why is that?

Not motivated enough to improve, or something else?



To busy giving hand outs I suppose?



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 


Not to mention that if we took a page from Ludwig von Mises, we might have a fighting chance at this economy:


For Mises was able to demonstrate (a) that the expansion of free markets, the division of labor, and private capital investment is the only possible path to the prosperity and flourishing of the human race; (b) that socialism would be disastrous for a modern economy because the absence of private ownership of land and capital goods prevents any sort of rational pricing, or estimate of costs, and (c) that government intervention, in addition to hampering and crippling the market, would prove counter-productive and cumulative, leading inevitably to socialism unless the entire tissue of interventions was repealed.


He too, originally believed in stat-ism and government intervention but he soon saw the error of his ways, and philosophy:


Entering the University of Vienna at the turn of the century as a leftist interventionist, the young Mises discovered Principles of Economics by Carl Menger, the founding work of the Austrian School of economics, and was quickly converted to the Austrian emphasis on individual action rather than unrealistic mechanistic equations as the unit of economics analysis, and to the importance of a free-market economy.



mises.org...



new topics

top topics



 
20
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join