It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario Judge Rules Pot Laws Unconstitutional

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread688678/pg4#pid11102237]post by _Delysid[/]

Was that Russian? I can't believe they get away with that kind of thing in this day and age. Its as bad as the old killer weed propaganda made back in the 50's stateside.

If only our governments were actually controlled by the people the laws would be straightened up tout suite!
As it is, there is a lot of money to be gained by the PTB in keeping MJ illegal.

Its frustrating. We've got an election coming up and nothing is going to change.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well there have been some new developments regarding this story.

It seems as though the Federal Government has officially appealed.

The Public Prosecution Service of Canada filed an appeal stating that Justice Donald Taliano “erred in law” in concluding that access regulations for medical marijuana were not valid under the Constitution.

SOURCE

I wonder how this is gonna go down.

IMO, this should totally be an election issue, if they want to talk about it or not, we need a real discussion about it, because it won't just go away!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Big Pharma will stop this from happening one way or another?

The medical marijuana that people could grow in their homes would start being used by people to medicate themselves... they would stop using the medication being made by Big Pharma who would then loose lots of money.

This is the main reason cannabis is illegal in the first place!

To take the conspiracy one level deeper, there is lots evidence that shows cannabis oil actually fights cancer check out the Rick Simpson Story this man has actually cured terminally ill cancer patients shocking doctors in the process... will anyone listen to him though no.

Could the reason be because of the NWO population reduction plans... an estimated 7.6 million people die from cancer each year... im sure the last thing the elite would want is an extra 7.6 million people a year not dying from cancer due to a cure as simple and easily obtainable as cannabis!
edit on 13-4-2011 by RandalFlagg because: because I am a retard who can not spell

I think it has more to do with depopulation then economic concerns, as most people are lazy. Case in point tobacco. Something which a person can easily grow themselves but most don't. Heck the pharmacitical company could make a fortune off of medicines made from marijuana, patent or no patent due to the cheap R&D cost's. Heck name brand would be more important in that situation.

When it comes to economic generation TPTB would make a massive fortune off of legalization. This is all about control and suffering. You have to remember most if not all nations and international power structures are a pathocracy. TPTB get off on people suffering.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

only the rules for pot are unconstitutional by the courts standards -holy crap have you all been had up here and around the world .
are these the same courts that gave us our charter of rights and freedoms.
the right to free speech -denied ask those who protest.
the right to freedom of choice . so why all the laws that they made up to deny us these 2 simple basic rights.
ex. to cross the street -jaywalking they call it .
eating magic mushrooms,they grow wild up here- allowed so long as you don`t fill your pockets or drive after wards as you are now impaired
pot used to grow wild as it was used as cattle feed now it is bad for us because the man can`t find a creative way to get his grubby thieving fingers into that pie .
speeding -i can`t drive 55 or faster -public safety
parking an unplated vehicaal in your own damn driveway -illegal funny i own them all and have the paper work to prove it.
how far can the rest of you take this small list.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
How is this thread still open yet the others are closed and users IP banned without warning? What's the conspiracy angle to this? I don't get how some users can talk about this, and others can't. i'm quite confused on this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
How is this thread still open yet the others are closed and users IP banned without warning? What's the conspiracy angle to this? I don't get how some users can talk about this, and others can't. i'm quite confused on this.

This site is runned by law abiding Americans. Serious issues like these can only be discussed on a foreign server free from protestant morality.

Talking about weed on ATS is like discussing freedom in a crowded shop in China.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by picrat

The rules to the pot laws are the whole point. I read the pdf, and made the first thread on this.

The reason it is unconstitutional, is due to access. The courts deemed that Canadians had the right to access this effective medicine without a doctor limiting who should, in other words at our own discretion, our own jurisdiction. Thats a big distinction.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I'm not sure, honestly. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this thread hasn't been closed is because it's for medical access and not recreational use?

The law that makes marijuana illegal states there is no medical value to it, yet it has been shown to indeed have many medical applications.

How can it be legal for me to medically use if I can be criminally charged for the possession? huge oxymoron!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

The entire prohibition of marijuana is moronic. Only serves to line the pockets of the governments with fines.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So I have recently had a short chat with Matt Mernagh (the person who is being challenged by the FED crown gov't) and was informed that one of the crown's appeal is that Matt and 22 other patients who rode his bandwagon remain exempted from current law while there is a hold on proceedings so the crown can prepare a defense...

Not sure how to digest this news. But this is apparently only one of the many possibilities that Matt's lawyer may consider for now. We couldn't talk too much more about it as it's currently in proceedings but I just wanted to share this tid bit of info.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Oh thank God we have some intelligent judges in ontario...

Is anyone on the countdown to legalization?

I don't think any laws have been changed yet....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join