It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario Judge Rules Pot Laws Unconstitutional

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

....and start taxing it and making money

edit: It will probably be $30 a gram knowing Canada....
edit on 13-4-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
Bill Hicks also said it should be mandatory lol

The way they lock millions of people up for it, that sounds like it would be justified. Let people see what they are really imprisoning millions for.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I dont think many stoners vote lol

That's where you are wrong, they try, they just show up 3 days after the polls close. Lol, but seriously, this year the conservatives are going to get a big surprise. The youth turnout this year should be amazing, people are taking notice, getting informed, and are ready to take our country back.

Do NOT count out the youth and stoner populations, they are enough to swing the election.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Simple math for the budget:

End Obama's Wars + End the War on Pot = US out of debt.
edit on 13-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by InnerTruths

Don't hold your breath, I've seen them promise to reform those laws several times in my short stay here on earth. Including the now famous Jean Cretien declaring his desire to enjoy retirement with a beer in one hand and a joint in the other.

It simply won't happen, they won't reform the laws at all. This law will be repackaged, reintroduced, and will die on the floor like the rest.

Actually, I'm fully expecting Harper to use this as a ploy to get the stoner vote. We are about to have a federal election and all.

they will never legalize recreational pot until they can enact a strict strangle hold on sale and production, which is impossible.

They might, and should, make it easier for medical patients to access it. The government has been growing it for years for this purpose, they just make you jump through hoops to get access to it.

AND even with your card, you can still get busted. This is why the laws must be reformed. This is a valid treatment option that is both safe and cheap. Which is the problem, big pharma doesn't want you medicating with herbs and supplements, they want you buying chemical cocktails from them. And their donation funds are considerably larger than ours when it comes to political contributions.
edit on 13-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

You are right about big pharma. If they have it their way they will make sure this ruling gets appealed.

But I also have hope that more people are realizing what is happening here. I am one of those patients who has been refused many time by doctors to obtain an MMAR card, despite having legitimate diagnosis that can benefit from it's medical properties. My doctors agree that MM is very helpful to me, but refuse to sign off (most likely because they dont get paid!)
It's very frustrating and stressful for us medical users. We aren't dealing drugs on the streets near kids and schools. We are cultivating an herb that is used to treat dis-eases for personal use only.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is rather old news, and as far as I know it changed almost nothing in the real world so far....at least not in this province anyway.

There is a Canni day here though once a year where it is allowed on the commons...one day of protest ect.

-aside
Its funny, I said the same as a few posts here yesterday in a post and got a big T&C w/points ect...and my post removed. selective hmm

Cheers!, and here to continued hopeing

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Let's say it did happen. What would be done with all the people who were imprisoned for using it? Will they be let go?

Its a big situation to deal with.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

I think you'd be surprised.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

This is Canada we are talking aboot here.

They vote...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by el1jah

That's where you are wrong, they try, they just show up 3 days after the polls close. Lol, but seriously, this year the conservatives are going to get a big surprise. The youth turnout this year should be amazing, people are taking notice, getting informed, and are ready to take our country back.

Do NOT count out the youth and stoner populations, they are enough to swing the election.

Quoted for truth. Everyone always counts out us "kids" yet I keep telling people that when SHTF it's going to be the kids that'll actually be the driving force for w/e movements whether it be political (such as voting), social, economical, etc. And it's true, all over my facebook during the debate it was as if Jersey Shore were on, just nonstop status updates about the debate. It was actually a great feeling seeing so many other people around me start to take serious interest in the "politics", if you could call it that, of our country and the want and need to finally have "our" say.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by treespeaker

This is rather old news, and as far as I know it changed almost nothing in the real world so far....at least not in this province anyway.

There is a Canni day here though once a year where it is allowed on the commons...one day of protest ect.

Cheers!, and here to continued hopeing

I thought it was old news too, when I saw this, and it turns out it isn't. It's just that this happens every few years, it seems. I definitely remember a very similar story from a couple of years ago. I'm glad its recognized for its medical qualities, and how much safer it is than some prescriptions.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I DIDNT EVEN READ THE THREAD, I JUST SAW THE TITLE AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. GOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Bill Hicks also said it should be mandatory lol

He sure did. He mimed a person stuck in traffic, stressed out and banging on their horn:
"Here man, smoke this, it's the law."
"Oh, sorry, I was taking life seriously. Ha! Who's hungry?"

And of course he pointed out that essential fact often overlooked -- 'war on drugs' means people on drugs are winning a war.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

it is too bad that all of the puritanical governments of this the western world don`t see the benefits of most of the plants of the natural world , if it grows in the wild it is here for a reason .re read your bibles.
but the benefits of it as a pain reliever for a lot of people is a great asset for them ,remember the lowly little aspirin it was originally derived from the black willow tree tips until our scientists learned how to synthesize it.
but think not only of the benefits for people think of how much MONEY it would put in the governmental coffers-an open appeal to their money grubbing ways.think on it they say that it is a multi- billion dollar INDUSTRY world wide the mans own words.
so why not do as California did and decriminalize it -a $100.00 fine if your caught with more than an once in possession -5 ounces or more and your dealing off to the hoscow you go.
street price $350.00 an ounce [weighed],what happened to the 4 finger ounce-good old days.
governments could sell it through their drug stores as a controlled substance ;their words again $150.00 oz.the drug store gets its dispensing fee the grower gets his fee and the governments of the world would have all kinds of MONEY to pay off their debts AND NO ONE GETS HURT AND WE ALL GAIN .

no new taxes ,governmental debt is paid off on all levels and this multi-billion dollar loss now becomes an asset for the worlds nations .think of it as a new commodity to be bought and sold the same as corn is .
it is too bad that our elected officials world wide are not radical free thinkers like this, they would rather stick their heads in the sand ,blinded by foolishness and fear tactics.-it is the devils weed ha ha ha .
and worlds dealers are now out of business as they could not compete with the new age dealers pricing scheme. [WORLD GOVERNMENTS] and jail space opens up for those who really need to be locked up .
one last thought they the governments would never again have to get loans from the banks again and we the people would no longer be on the hook for their gross mismanagement of our tax dollars -as i know of no other group or person in this world that can borrow such massive amounts of cash and not have 2 pennies to rub together as our worlds governments do. A MYSTERY TO ME . as i would be in jail for doing this as an individual.and they would throw away the key -fraud ,misrepresentation and the charges against me would be endless -daylight would never i hold or behold again.
only problem i see with it is the bad case of the munchies afterwards ,but i enjoy a good snack how about the rest of you .
edit on 02/13/2008 by picrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Pot will be legalised i believe it because i know alot of people who smoke pot. You wouldn't believe how many people do it i live in Ontario i know this.

I don't myself just saying

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
good for canada its about time ..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here's tthe skinny in my own words with no links:

A man in St Catherines, who has an illness that should qualify him for medical MJ was unable, even after much time and many attempts, to get a doctor who would allow him a licence to purchace or grow his own.

In fact, most doctors won't give out those licences because of the Hippocratic Oath, thinking that the MJ is untested and possibly dangerous. Whatever.

So, the man in St Catherines goes ahead and gets some off the street, obtains seeds and grows his own in his house.

Busted!

So along comes this Justice and says "Hey, wait a minute here! Laws were passed allowing medical MJ to those who's illnesses can benefit. Now, you have doctors who won't hand out a certificate allowing that to happen, forcing patients to become criminals. That ain't fair OR constitutional."

So what does he do? He says to the government that they have 3 months to fix the law or possession, growing and using MJ will no longer be illegal in Ontario.

My guess is a long series of appeals.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I have a close relative that started including hemp seed in their diet (the last person on earth anyone think would try!) along with a few other things like multi-bean soups and now has what was an out of control cancer-under control

and there has been some movement in the US

Statement of Congressman Ron Paul
United States House Of Representatives
Statement Introducing HR 1866, Industrial Hemp Farming Act
April 2, 2009

The United States is the only industrialized nation that prohibits industrial hemp cultivation.
www.healthtruthrevealed.com...

Ron Paul & B. Frank team to Legalize marijuana
A new bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives that would "eliminate most Federal penalties for possession of marijuana for personal use, and for other purposes." H.R. 5843 is sponsored by Massachusetts Democrat Barney Frank and co-sponsored by Texas Republican Ron Paul, among others. The bill carries a very reassuring title, too: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults.
dailypaul.com...

yet appears their should have never been

*Hemp has been grown for at least the last 12,000 years for fiber (textiles and paper) and food. It has been effectively prohibited in the United States since the 1950s.

*George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp. Ben Franklin owned a mill that made hemp paper. Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on hemp paper.naihc.org...

interesting as well

Through comparative etymology, analysis of ancient texts (including pre-Hebrew Semitic language), and pharmacological consistencies she contends that the word kaneh-bosm actually refers to cannabis and was used in ancient Jewish religious rites, as a medicine and ritual sacrament. Benet's work is an example that cannabis use has a long culturally important history, and that the criminalization and demonization of cannabis is a recent invention en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

We're talking about Canada here, specifically Ontario and OUR legal system. As far as I know, we still have our own courts of law.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

I thought it was old news too, when I saw this, and it turns out it isn't. It's just that this happens every few years, it seems. I definitely remember a very similar story from a couple of years ago. I'm glad its recognized for its medical qualities, and how much safer it is than some prescriptions.

Than some? Did you know that EVERY SINGLE prescription drug has caused deaths. Every single one. And that includes aspirin. Oh, except one: Cannabis.

Try ALL prescription drugs.
edit on 4/13/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags, typo

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join