It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Memeber Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Greetings to everyone here at ATS!

I've been interested in topics that aren't considered "mainstream" for long time now. But I guess you could say I wasn't a hardcore researcher of these topics, but took it on more as a casual pursuit. I've listened to Coast to Coast for quite a while and heard about ATS quite a bit.

It was series of events that has led me to actually sign up here on ATS. Just the other night on Coast to Coast they had Jesse Ventura on the show and this reminded me of the show he does called, "Conspiracy Theory." So I went back and watched a few episodes online and was surprised at how interested I was. I tried slowly bringing up a few of the topics I had researched to people around me and realized how much some of them didn't want to hear it or would quickly blow it off as "crazy." I've always wanted to seek the truth and seeing how some people won't even entertain a different viewpoint made me want to dig deeper. I'm of the mindset that all possible options or ideas should at the least be considered and not simply tossed aside.

Well that is what has brought me to ATS. It somewhat feels as if my mind has been opened in the last few days and I now have a much stronger desire to dig deeper into some of these topics and seek the truth. One of the most appealing things to me about ATS has been the model of decorum that they require for their members. The last thing I wanted to do was to sign up on a website where people just blasted each other all the time for their views.

I look forward to digging deeper into the site and getting to know as many of you as I can!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ruke37

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ruke37

Welcome and have fun while you are here!

This is definitely an interesting community and you are sure to find lots that interests you here.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you very much for the welcome and information, OL! I will be sure to come to you with any questions I have after I hit 20 posts. I look forward to seeing you around the site!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ruke37

Welcome to the party, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay, there's a nice little mix of people and cultures here so you should find people that share your views.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Thank you for the welcome!

There is so much to this site that I don't know where to start (except for the introduction thread) and I really look forward to seeing it all! I have a feeling this may take a while though.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thanks for the welcome phishyblankwaters!

I'm really looking forward to meeting people from across the cultural and belief spectrum! I think it's good to get outside of our own little worlds and see what the world has to offer. There is so much to be explored if we just give it a chance!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I mostly stay in the prophecy, paranormal forums and otherwise I am a physicist who does Falun Dafa self-cultivation.

In search of truth about human life and other matters of great importance not offered to the public please check out the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below, it is the hidden treasure of this day and age if you ask me. The book has been banned in China by the communists after it sold more than 100 million copies in the 90s..

I use to say coincidences don´t really exist and in this matter even less so.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Glad to meet you Gaussq!

I downloaded the book and I'm definitely going to check it out. I love texts such as these, because whether I end up believing them or not they're just great to read! Sounds like China was a little threatened. Wouldn't want anybody thinking, would they.

Thanks again for the welcome and I hope to see you around!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I was referred here by a friend. I get the headlines on my phone but didn't want to participate in the forums until now. Be nice to me since I am a newbie but will learn quickly. Can't wait to get my 20 so I can post on the subjects that interests me the most.

Suzanne

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ruke37

Hi, I'm new too and agree with your statement. Why would anyone want to stay in their isolated world doing sheep things when there is a big world out there? Not I and to what I observe not any of us in here.

Suzanne

new topics

top topics

join