It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Mother Drives Minivan Into Hudson River, Killing 3 Kids and Self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

New York Mother Drives Minivan Into Hudson River, Killing 3 Kids and Self

abcnews.go.com

A New York woman and her three children died after their minivan plunged into the Hudson River in Newburgh, N.Y., Tuesday night after a domestic dispute, authorities said.

Divers found the woman's body and her children -- a 5-year-old boy, 2-year-old boy and an 11-month-old girl -- in the submerged van 25 yards offshore from a boat ramp in Newburgh, 60 miles north of New York City.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There is a short ABC NEWS video in the linked article above

Supposedly this lady drove her van into the river from a bridge stopping to let her oldest child out first while keeping the three youngest in the vehicle with her ......

I don't know what to say other than how sad this is. I'm glad that one of the children lived but at what cost to his psyche? Hopefully more light will be shed on what led to this, however nothing can excuse such an action in my eyes. I always say that it is a shame for anyone to pass needlessly but to take three children with you who combined had less than 5 years on this earth? My heart goes out to the family.

That is all

Trowa

edit on 13/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling and to add content

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton

Supposedly this lady drove her van into the river from a bridge stopping to let her oldest child out first ......

I don't know what to say other than how sad this is. I'm glad that one of the children lived but at what cost to his psyche. Hopefully more light will be shed on waht led to this, however nothing can excuse such an action in my eyes.

That is all

Trowa

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

Obviously there is more to this story .. people in the US usually freak out very easily and are always on edge and scared/paranoid ... the culture is like that .. no morals .. no support from society or justice in the corrupt courts ... people always fighting and angry and confrontational ... this society wiill eventually self destruct from the inside out ... there is no spiritual growth ...
A lot of people feel helpless in such a deprived society .. they end up doing things like this ... as sad and wrong as it is for the kids ..
Then they get labeled as psychos .. because the root cause is never examined or understood ...
No wonder our jails and prisons are so full ...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I read this on Yahoo. For some reason she let the 10 year old escape, and he got rescued by running to a busy street...that's the gist of that I understood on it. What a sad situation. And over what? A domestic dispute. We don't even know the extent of the dispute...for all we know, they were arguing over anything from money to Godknowswhat, and this triggered her to kill her children. And the oldest escapes, and has to live with this for the rest of his life...I hope the community is willing to give him any mental help he will ever need and avoid sensationalizing this and turning him into "the kid that survived when his mom killed his siblings." God bless him, I hope he'll be okay, and RIP,babies.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
At least she didnt jump out at the last minute, then try to blame it on a black man
edit on 13-4-2011 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's about time we ban these unnecessary vehicles.

Nobody needs to seat seven.

How many more children have to die?

I wonder if the mother was on meds?

Lots of loving mothers here:
Medication related Murder-Suicides

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You are a troll and quite frankly, an idiot.

What in God's name does that have to do with this thread?

I am not far from that town and actually know quite a few Paramedics out that way. One of our local Fire departments actually got called for divers and their boat.

The 10 year old ran to the Firehouse for help. I heard this whole thing go down on my radio as I was working in Orange county last night. She should have just offed herself and left the kids at home.

reply to post by legalizeit

edit on 13-4-2011 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
OMG, if that is these parents on medication......how many more were not on any medications at all?

Here in Australia we have had some shocking cases; just in the past few years here's a couple that stands out from the rest....

this father received 32 years for the murder of his 4 year old daughter:

www.rawstory.com...

this father received only 33 years for all three of his little children:

www.monstersandcritics.com...

What the hell is wrong with parents???

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009

I am not far from that town and actually know quite a few Paramedics out that way. One of our local Fire departments actually got called for divers and their boat.

The 10 year old ran to the Firehouse for help. I heard this whole thing go down on my radio as I was working in Orange county last night. She should have just offed herself and left the kids at home.

Keep your troll mentality to yourself ... if you can't understand a post .. just ask .. no need to be a idiotic prick ..... stop advertising your ignornace in public ...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yeah ok, really?

I am the troll when you use something like the OP to advertise your distaste for America and her citizens?

Not sure where your logic comes from.

I think you made it blatantly obvious who the ignorant one is...if your are not smart enough to figure it out, it's you.

Furthermore, I happen to work EMS in Orange county. I know the Paramedics, EMTs, Firefighters and most of he cops included in this fiasco. I know what's going on in this situation. What do you know other then what you read/saw on the various news outlets.

I will provide info as it comes in / as I am able to do so. I will leave it at that as to not compromise any ongoing investigation.

Originally posted by legalizeit

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009

Keep your troll mentality to yourself ... if you can't understand a post .. just ask .. no need to be a idiotic prick ..... stop advertising your ignornace in public ...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
As this story updates it becomes more and more sad. The woman updated her facebook right beforehand asking people to forgive her for what she was about to do. She even called her mom. The little boy managed to wriggle out and hit the power window before water shorted it out. His mother told him that she had made a mistake even as he climbed over her. This makes my heart heavy because all the 10 year old kept repeating was that he should have taught his siblings to swim. that he should have unbuckled his sister. No child should have to shoulder this

top topics

join