It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 things that will happen to you when the US defaults

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Not that it really matters...

5 Things That Will Happen To You When America Goes Bankrupt

“Madness is rare in individuals – but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule.” — Friedrich Nietzsche

True that.

Anyway.

1) Your life savings could be reduced to nothing almost overnight.
2) Your taxes will skyrocket.
3) Your life could be in danger. If the government goes bankrupt, you’ll have an extremely angry, confused, and frustrated populace that has little faith in its leaders — combined with a horrific economy and a reduced ability of the government to keep order. Under those circumstances, widespread rioting and violent crime seem entirely plausible.
4) Your payments from the government will dramatically decrease or stop altogether. Contrary to what some people believe, Medicare and Social Security are paid out of the same fund that pays for everything else. In other words, if the government goes bankrupt, there is no money set aside to pay for these programs.
5) You will have a dramatically reduced standard of living. If taxes and inflation escalate dramatically, both of which are very likely if we go bankrupt, economic activity will slow to a crawl and we’ll go into a depression.

But most of you already knew this. It'll be like Argentina, Greece and Iceland...

You'll see riots and probably assassinations...

And of course, after enough chaos has happened, if the elite is still in power after a few months of this... or they've put a new puppet in, the sheeple will be calling for reforms... and the elite will present to them what they planned all along... a new ``North American currency``... and of course it'll all be another scam... or they'll just jump right to a world currency administrated by the IMF.... depending on the mood of the population.

Either do a revolution when it happens or face the NWO.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Do you mean my great grandkids.
I think if we all work to stay together and solvent we will accomplish it. Lets give it the good old college try!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"2) Your taxes will skyrocket. "

If my money has become worthless, then I have nothing to send them anyway.

Besides, who in their right mind would continue to pay taxes? It would be like continuing to go to work for a company that gives you rubber checks as payment for your services.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rich Z
"2) Your taxes will skyrocket. "

If my money has become worthless, then I have nothing to send them anyway.

Besides, who in their right mind would continue to pay taxes? It would be like continuing to go to work for a company that gives you rubber checks as payment for your services.

Well if you don't, you'll be arrested. See : Greece.

And if they start arresting people, it'll be war.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by Vitchilo

Then we should cease to pay and get this war going while the gov is spread all over the world and owned by China. Dont give them time to regroup.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Seriously here, the logic is simple.....your money isnt worth spit, your employer lets you go cause he can't afford to pay you.....what tax money are you going to have to give when you are suddenly left with nothing?

Milk will be 35-40 dollars a gallon, the police wont be getting paid.....who's minding the store?

You can't honestly believe that unless a new currency is hashed out in record time that it's going to matter. If you have nothing, you can afford to give nothing.....simple logic. If they want to arrest me for having nothing so be it. Yet the next guy they arrest will likely be a gang banger and have a posse with him that wont see the arrest as a viable option.

The government will take all the money in your account anyway when the SHTF, just like they'll raid any social programs funding. Food stamps will be a joke, and the bread lines will be very, very long.

I do love chaos and i hope it gets here soon, its better than cable tv

Thats why im glad i live where i do, i can see much coming way down the road before it gets to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Belgium has no government, and it's close to hit a good 300 days without one.

By Feb 2011 they did beat the previous record of No-Government country, a record held by, yes, Iraq.

Belgium hosts the EU Capital City (Brussels) but No Government for the country is organized. And you know what? Trains are still arriving in time and people is still going to work, students at school and the Belgium Football League is in process.

That article linked OP might be trying to scare. Do we really need governments at all? Well, ask Belgium political parties and representatives. Their absolute incompetence is prooving maybe we dont.

www.demotix.com...
edit on 13-4-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by AboveTheTrees

You're talking nonsense.

Be honest, it's like Somalia over there, right?

I mean without a lord government we'd all be eating children and fornicating with animals while Al Queda rapes our daughters.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Naw we can't afford another war LOL but we can afford another false flag and pull on the tear ducts of the world for understanding and sympathy. Me thinks this time around it would have to be huge devastation unlike anything every seen by the world for them to forgive our debt......maybe garden plot was the idea all along?

Maybe BP drilling where they did was more than just a company business plan.....

Your guess is as good as mine.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

This is not the same situation.

If Belgium were to default right now with no government, then you would see what would happen. Riots all over.. it would be ugly.

Not to mention, Belgium is nothing like America. America is way more violent. And lots of weapons. And drugs. And people on anti-depressant. Ect... Not the same thing at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Castogere
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Naw we can't afford another war LOL but we can afford another false flag and pull on the tear ducts of the world for understanding and sympathy. Me thinks this time around it would have to be huge devastation unlike anything every seen by the world for them to forgive our debt......maybe garden plot was the idea all along?

Maybe BP drilling where they did was more than just a company business plan.....

Your guess is as good as mine.....

They're going to detonate a WOMD in New York, New York.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

There will be no default. Other than China, who has been manipulating their currency for decades, the entire world is in dire budget straits. Were the US to default, the EU would default and most of Latin America would default, leaving the Chinese and to a lesser extent the Japanese holding the bag. There will be no default.

What should happen is for the US and Europe to get together and tell the Chinese that they are restructuring the debt whether or not they like it. That they are not going to be held hostage to their manipulation of currency markets and the hell with them. That if they did not like it, fine, do something about it, the US along with the Europeans and perhaps the rest of North America will enter into an exclusive trading zone and the Chinese can keep their poision laden crap and look to sell all of that stuff to the Russians and the Saudis. The Chinese would forgive most of the debt at that point. Economically they would have no choice.

Were both the US and EU get together and confront this situation aggressively, they could eliminate their collective debt over night.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

You're talking nonsense.

I mean without a lord government we'd all be eating children and fornicating with animals while Al Queda rapes our daughters.

WHAT?

Or Im not getting your point or... It's not like Somalia at all! It's the heart of Europe.

It's educated people worried because the bunch of suits and ties they elected are not able to form a Government able to conform a Parliament.

The State is still working, State workers carry on, as the rest do, while elected politicians are taking 300 days to achieve the minimums. Blushing.

A lot of people is angry or disgusted with their elected politicians in Europe. Those guys are playing hard ball showing us how much we dont need them.

Somalia has not even a form of State for god's sake.

But we (Europeans) have, we did that job centuries ago.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

There will be no default. Other than China, who has been manipulating their currency for decades, the entire world is in dire budget straits. Were the US to default, the EU would default and most of Latin America would default, leaving the Chinese and to a lesser extent the Japanese holding the bag. There will be no default

Agree. If the US goes down, everyone goes down, so we have that going for us. I like your Donald Trump foreign policy solution too: "Screw China" (though in all seriousness it probably is what we should do).
edit on 13-4-2011 by dontdrinkthewater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

This is not the same situation.

If Belgium were to default right now with no government, then you would see what would happen. Riots all over.. it would be ugly.

Not to mention, Belgium is nothing like America. America is way more violent. And lots of weapons. And drugs. And people on anti-depressant. Ect... Not the same thing at all.

Hummm... Except for 2nd Amendment and Guns (that would certainly make a big difference in terms of rioting), I dont think people of Belgium or Europe and Americans are so different. We care for the same kind of things and we take the same anti-depressants... (and you have best landscapes in the World, there's no point in discussing that!
)

Anyway and above all, I dont think the USA will never lose their Institutions or Government. I dont think any Western Nation will go through such trauma again.

We've been through riots in Europe before, English and French even beheaded their kings, and the waters always calm down again and people go on. The Belgiums for now are getting along pretty well without Government, but this situation wont last forever.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You're talking nonsense.

and Nazi's riding dinosaurs, damn I hate that ...

but I think Steinbeck covered all five things in the grapes of wrath...what it basically boils down to is that collapsing the US dollar ( the world reserve currency and the only one not backed by (somewhat) balanced trade or other real world assets ) turns into a resource grab by the actual wealth holders destroying in the process a lot of people that thought they had wealth ( i.e. money) while the largest and currently poorest sector is in too much life and death turmoil to notice .

The net result is a reduction in numbers ( people ) across the board , with the resultant structure devoid of most princes, dukes and other mid level middle management type ( financially speaking , in other words the noose tightens both up and down the scale equally from the center point ) and a fairly well defined gulf between king and peasants....

...if it succeeds. For a wealth grab ( again ) to work in the current political environment public spin is paramount as there simply is not enough force available to control everyone directly ( no death star so to speak ), public reaction to a tighter more rigid form of government ( let's call it a drift toward fascism ) seems to be failing currently in America ( and elsewhere ) so that leaves FORCE or destruction as the only two avenues for a "successful" dollar crash.

so unless you are already above the high water mark ( probably in the billions of net worth ) I would say we can quickly reduce 5 down to 3: dead , struggling to survive , or enslaved (imprisoned)

On a positive note , like Belgium , people are realizing that struggling to survive is better done in groups and if you remove the 2% of the greediest and least productive members of the groups things start getting better very rapidly, I believe the term in Cambodia , Granada , etc, etc was 'bad seed' (but remember that is from the perspective of the towering redwood shading the sun)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Reply to post by Vitchilo

Then we should cease to pay and get this war going while the gov is spread all over the world and owned by China. Dont give them time to regroup.

Given the government's chronic misconduct (aka crimes and warcrimes), I have a hard time believing we are not in civil war yet. It appears that very few people are really awake.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontdrinkthewater

There will be no default. Other than China, who has been manipulating their currency for decades, the entire world is in dire budget straits. Were the US to default, the EU would default and most of Latin America would default, leaving the Chinese and to a lesser extent the Japanese holding the bag. There will be no default

Agree. If the US goes down, everyone goes down, so we have that going for us. I like your Donald Trump foreign policy solution too: "Screw China" (though in all seriousness it probably is what we should do).
edit on 13-4-2011 by dontdrinkthewater because: (no reason given)

No , it will mean turmoil certainly,and some countries (that are basically undeclared states or "properties " of the U.S. )will suffer but When the US dollar is broken it will stop being the worlds reserve currency , oil prices will no longer be in dollars , and some other country /countries will position their currency as the new world reserve. An insanely lucrative deal for the winner

I point one and all to the U.S> national debt clock: ticktock

I doubt this will be a specific 'win' for any one particular country ( although China holds more US dollars than anyone including the US ) and whomever winds up in the drivers seat will re-structure the US debt in line with either a new currency or new currency policies ( much easier to sell to the US population ) while acquiring most of the U.S. real assets , if the pattern that big money has followed is implemented here the re-structuring will strongly favor more hierarchical centralization and a weakening of nationalism at that most fundamental level , which will simply formalize the U.S. governments mid-wife role (while vastly leaning it out )between big money and population base

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There will be no default. Other than China, who has been manipulating their currency for decades, the entire world is in dire budget straits. Were the US to default, the EU would default and most of Latin America would default, leaving the Chinese and to a lesser extent the Japanese holding the bag. There will be no default.

What should happen is for the US and Europe to get together and tell the Chinese that they are restructuring the debt whether or not they like it. That they are not going to be held hostage to their manipulation of currency markets and the hell with them. That if they did not like it, fine, do something about it, the US along with the Europeans and perhaps the rest of North America will enter into an exclusive trading zone and the Chinese can keep their poision laden crap and look to sell all of that stuff to the Russians and the Saudis. The Chinese would forgive most of the debt at that point. Economically they would have no choice.

Were both the US and EU get together and confront this situation aggressively, they could eliminate their collective debt over night.

Just a feeling,but you hate China,don´t you?

Anyway,yes,if the US Defaults,most of the World goes down with them...now think about it.

What if that is exactly the Goal? Because the Euro is currently on the Verge of Collaps (it only takes another Nation to default,like Spain,or,of course,the US),as is the US.

Another Sign is the Trouble in the Middle East. What would happen if Israel for example looses his Big Brother,the US, to protect them? They have alot of Enemys all around them...who have their own Revolutions/Unrest currently going (excluding Iran,which shouln´t be much of a Problem)

Perfect Timing to bring the US and the EU down,don´t you think?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
People always think that the government is the "great stabilizer", the lynch pin holding the entire world together, and that assertion is crap.

The government did not build my house.
The government did not make my car.
The government did not buy my car.
The government does not pay my bills.
The government does not pay my wages.
The government does not grow my food.
The government did not buy me a TV.
The government did not make my clothes.
The government did not buy my clothes.
The government does not feed my children.
The government does not clothe my children.
The government does not feed me.
The government does not clothe me.
The government did not create me.
The government did not create my children.

If the government were to collapse there would be rioting in isolated areas only. Mostly in places where the public was stupid enough to attempt to live off of the state. But honestly, things would probably run much more smoothly without the government interfering.

Look at speed limits, without police to enforce them, freight could be shipped at 90mph, instead of 60mph. Money becoming worthless would be fine with me. Since all debts are denominated in US Dollars anyway, you could probably end up paying off a student loan just by selling a few bottles of liquor. The market will replace US dollars very quickly.

Businesses will still be open, and people will still work, the only thing that will change is the kind of money used, and people will be able to cook a hotdog over a backyard fire-pit without having to get a license first.

But as far as society collapsing? No, government doesn't keep society together, in fact it is the largest divisive factor. I promise, there will be no roving gangs of cannibals, old ladies will not fall off into snowbanks and die, your dog will still like you, and crops will continue to grow. Actually a lot more crops would grow because currently, the government actually pay farmers not to farm, so add that to the list of positive changes in a world without government.
edit on 13-4-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join