It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat survives after being shot in head with arrow -graphic-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
LOS ANGELES — A northern California cat that survived being shot through the head with an arrow was recuperating from surgery on Tuesday, apparently little worse for the wear, authorities said.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41f4063b9d6d.jpeg[/atsimg]

Max, a three-year-old black and white cat owned by a Santa Cruz area couple, was apparently shot with the arrow sometime over the weekend, a fact his owners discovered on Sunday evening. "According to the owners, the cat had been missing for two days and when they opened their front door, the cat came in," Santa Cruz County Animal Services Manager Todd Stosuy told Reuters.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ee5f1a17fad.jpeg[/atsimg]

"That's when the owners, much to their shock, saw an arrow sticking out of the cat's head," he said. "The cat was acting normally, eating normally. It almost looked like one of those fake arrows." Stosuy said Max was taken to a veterinary hospital that night to have the arrow removed, under anesthesia.

"It went in one side of the cat's head, went through the ear and then out the top,

it doesn't look like it hit the animal's brain at all," he said. Authorities so far have no suspects in the shooting, but Stosuy said an animal control officer working full time on the case and canvassing the neighborhood had already developed a few leads.

He said if anyone was found to have shot Max intentionally, that person would likely face animal cruelty charges. In the meantime, he said, Max's brush with death has made his owners more cautious.

"The cat is actually a very rambunctious guy and trying to get back outside," Stosuy said. "But the owners have decided that he's an inside cat now. He's under house arrest."

Max won't be allowed to leave house again; authorities searching for suspects

It happend before with another cat

nyhederne.tv2.dk...:kat-overlever-pil-gennem-hovedet.html?forside
today.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
WOW, So nasty. who would shoot an arrow at a kitty lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Aside from that, I hope they catch whoever shot the cat and punish them. Harming humans is one thing, but people who harm innocent animals are sick. There's no reason to desire to harm animals.
edit on 13-4-2011 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

You should have linked to the photos with a graphic warning instead of showing them directly in your post as it may offend some people.

It says GRAPHIC in the title... im not forcing you to press anything.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Oh, sorry, you're right. I didn't even see that. I thought it would just be text with links.
Nevermind, I feel like a dumbass.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Oh, sorry, you're right. I didn't even see that. I thought it would just be text with links.
Nevermind, I feel like a dumbass.

btw.. im very sry to hear what happen to your cat, I hate.. and I mean HATE people that dont respect animals, and I just get so angry that if I if I caught a animal abuser in the act I would do prob do jail time afterwards.

I once observed a guy kicking he´s dog in the stomach.. I kicked him in the stomach and yelled at him

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
While i place cats just abit above rodents this is wrong for a person to do this to any animal.
The method of dispatch if needed should be precise and quick.
I have no use for cats, just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
9 - 1 = 8

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Aside from that, I hope they catch whoever shot the cat and punish them.
I hope so too, it was someones pet.

people who harm innocent animals are sick.
You have your work cut out for you there, about 98.6% of the US population are in that category.
Only 1.4% are vegans according to this:
Vegetarian Resource Group poll

edit on 13-4-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yeah, normally I would not have complained about the images but animal abuse is kindof a personal issue to me, so when I saw them I just kindof wrote without thinking.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You have your work cut out for you there, about 98.6% of the US population are in that category. Only 1.4% are vegans according to this: Vegetarian Council poll

that's just playing dumb to start a discussion, you know thats not what he mean with "harm" its ofc cruelty to animals he´s talking about

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A good friend of mine was practicing archery in his back yard ...As time went on ,his wife yelled out to him that supper was ready ,....He thought he would make a few more shots ...on his last shot and being quite tired he drooped the shot to the ground ....he had a garden planted in the back yard that he fired over to the target ....His cat was hiding in the garden ...the video reminds me of his cat the way it was hit ...after chasing his cat around the neighbour hood he finally caught it ....he took it to the vet ....the vet pulled the arrow out .....cat recovered just fine ...his wife never recovered and he had to get rid of the bow ...true story ...peace

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

You have your work cut out for you there, about 98.6% of the US population are in that category. Only 1.4% are vegans according to this: Vegetarian Council poll

that's just playing dumb to start a discussion, you know thats not what he mean with "harm" its ofc cruelty to animals he´s talking about

I won't carry this any further, but if you are not a vegan, you are involved with cruelty to animals.

Would you mind if someone plunged a steel rod into your head, slit your throat, scalded you with hot water, scraped away all your hair and the first layer of skin, then eviscerated you and put you in a cold room to hang by your heels for a day or so? The pig can't answer the question.

I thought this thread WAS about cruelty to animals?

The pig led to slaughter might have a different idea of cruelty than you do, I suppose, eh?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Cruelty or not, I have thumbs and if you do not i will eat you.
And i'm sure the cat in this pic was not scheduled for a dinner table.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I won't carry this any further, but if you are not a vegan, you are involved with cruelty to animals.

Would you mind if someone plunged a steel rod into your head, slit your throat, scalded you with hot water, scraped away all your hair and the first layer of skin, then eviscerated you and put you in a cold room to hang by your heels for a day or so? The pig can't answer the question.

The pig led to slaughter might have a different idea of cruelty than you do, I suppose, eh?

I agree that "food animals" are sometimes treated poorly, and it IS wrong, but there's a huge difference. I can understand that people need to eat, and certain animals are valuable food sources. In and of itself, there's nothing wrong with eating an animal for the sake of feeding yourself. If food animals are treated and killed humanely, I can deal with that. But this is about somebody shooting a cat, probably just for the fun of it. This person would have stood there and had a conscious desire to cause pain and suffering to this cat. In my opinion, there's just something wrong with a person who would do that to an animal out of pure "fun", rather than a need to eat.
edit on 13-4-2011 by trollz because: typo

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I will not say another word about that subject in this thread... I advise you to go look at another thread I started that was about what you are talking about... and you will quickly see what my opinon is

Thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This cat was shot with a crossbow, and a low powered one by a horrible shot at that.
Personally, I cannot stand cats.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
thanks for the reminder of why mass de-population would be a good thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
thanks for the reminder of why mass de-population would be a good thing.

Am I a bad person if I laughed at this?

I too, find I have a lot more sympathy for animals than a lot of humans.

top topics

join