It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God = Santa Claus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Bill Maher talking about god and santa.

Edit: it wont let me embed the vid due to contents or something..but it's a must watch..lol
edit on 13-4-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca143cd3413a.gif[/atsimg]

Two concepts you need to learn and study: faith and idolatry.

Simply, Santa is a false idol
; false idols appear deified (godly), but they're false idols because they aren't actually God. There are many of these "false idols" out there, many which are not nearly as obvious.

Faith is trust and belief in something, whether you can see it or not. Can you actually see a theory like the Big Bang? Of course not, otherwise it wouldn't be a theory, yet people still believe in it. Can you see God? No (unless you count the entire universe, then yes), yet people still believe in a god. Is God a theory? To someone who sees only with his eyes he is, but not to someone who can [and tries to] perceive/feel beyond that (remember we live in a multidimensional universe) - this is a difficult concept to grasp because we've been losing our connection to nature and spirit for a while now. And all the poison we eat/drink dumbs us down, and all the disinformation and false idols and personal politics causes too much conflict within (who or what do we believe?), and all the [crap] education and media observed forces people to only believe what TPTB want them to believe and only the things people can physically see (never mind the strings you think you felt tugging on you, they aren't real, nor is the poison in your food and water and vaccines, nor is any "conspiracy" real).

Can you see it's not that hard to grasp? We know bad or strange things are going on around us but some people still cry "that's bull#, I need HARD evidence" or just choose to ignore it (we call them sheeple here right?). Well, we say "it's all around you, look harder damn it." You have a lifetime for that reason. Besides, it will be too late for that "hard evidence" if you're just going to sit there and expect it to fall in your lap; you'll get an a-bomb or cancer instead.

Cheers.

And just an FYI, I'm well aware of corruption in churches and religion, be it mistranslations/edits of the Bible, holidays disguised as religious ones (when they're in fact pagan), and how it's used to control people by the greedy vultures that make life hell.
edit on 13/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

God can't be Santa or there would be no such thing as blasphemy.

a smallish joke
God can't be Satan because if there is a Supreme Being a Divine Consciousness at work underlying creation that BEINg is AWESOME and GOOD not debilitating, or bad. Satan if you want to call the destroyer is a directly opposing weaker force.

Some think necessary. I don't know. I doubt it.

There may be nothing at all but some creative flow that began somewhere back when the first domino fell. It is possible but not half as interesting and so we create a better memory. A God and a Divine Plan. Who knows? Maybe this is the true memory and why people stick to it like a dogtic.

Im no proselytizer - I say give the devil his due but I believe in Jesus Christ, know he lived and as humans go he was a great example for all the rest. Whoever he was thought to be beyond that is open to discussion but I think the WORD was good and he was what we know in computer jargon as "a link."

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

There must be a God otherwise there would be no such thing as Atheists.
People who do not believe in what is not there?
There never would have arose the need or use for the word.
History would have been different. God is in the gut and in the heart and not always in the head the mind or on the paper. True atheists will say the opposite (God is in the mind) and exactly why we should probably stick to less heated topics like health and the weather.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

There must be pink unicorns, dragons, Shiva, Allah, Santa Claus, Christian god and a golden tea pot orbiting Saturn. Otherwise there wouldn't be people who don't believe into them. Yeah man, this logic is totally legit.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

i never claimed that i do not believe in God i can not make a blind leap of faith in God. give me proof of god, real scientific proof of God and then i can believe. Would you step off a building and put your faith in God to save you

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

faith, if your child was sick would you put your faith in the Lord to decide if your child lived or died or would you turn to science and have your child healed

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

if we stopped teaching our children about god, would god eventually fade away

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
When you are a child, you believe in santa-claus.
When you are a little bit older, you stop believing.
When you becaume an adult, you become has santa-claus.
when you get old, you look like santa-claus.

GOD is the same.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't really miss god, but I sure miss Santa Clause.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No no no no.
They aren't the same. Not possible. Santa is real.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

There must be pink unicorns, dragons, Shiva, Allah, Santa Claus, Christian god and a golden tea pot orbiting Saturn. Otherwise there wouldn't be people who don't believe into them. Yeah man, this logic is totally legit.

Not too bad course Im in Boca Raton and how is the weather where you are sir?
They don't have a word for disbelief in unicorns. 2nd line

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

if we stopped teaching our children about god, would god eventually fade away

Ill start by saying what a much better world this would be if we did not know what "religion" anyone was.
This should be something so personal and so private it is not discussed outside the bounds or confines of a church or specified "religious" community.

In France they are not wearing headscarves which is a good thing. I would take it farther and make it illegal to proselytize in public

It has been 2000 years in the shortest estimation and God is still making a name for himself all over the place. Admittedly not a good one so I have to think it has something to do with the people.

There are some basic simple guidelines to living peacefully here and enjoying the planet and each other. Nobody follows them and if they do they are shot or out shouted.
Somebody has to come up with such a list but no matter who does, fault will be found and the list scratched so no laws is best. Chaos reigns for lack of agreement. How do you operate that way?

I am in total agreement with people who think it should be illegal to proselytize in public.

Take a tip from Freemasons and other groups like that. Religion, like SEX, should be an extremely personal and private matter brought up among active and WILLING practitioners only.

It should be considered lewd and lascivious to proselytize or preach ANY RELIGION in any public forum. Take it to your church and make the victim or parishioner depending on your church lol walk in the door. We are not unified and until we are it is all so much air pollution and cause for war, division and hate.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
When you are a child, you believe in santa-claus.
When you are a little bit older, you stop believing.
When you becaume an adult, you become has santa-claus.
when you get old, you look like santa-claus.

GOD is the same.

i don't get it

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

i never claimed that i do not believe in God i can not make a blind leap of faith in God. give me proof of god, real scientific proof of God and then i can believe. Would you step off a building and put your faith in God to save you

Yes you did claim that you don't believe in God,right here>> I am sorry i can not logocally believe
in any god until i have solid scientific proof

Let me say, that if this is your requirement,then you will never believe in God
because God only reveals himself through the eyes of faith,so just stop looking for
scientific proof,cause you are wasting your time.

But I can honestly say, that those who believe in God and live to please him,will have God,proving
himself to them over and over in ways that science could never hope to do, in fact, let me ask you,
can science give you real and lasting peace,joy,comfort,hope,love or anything that even matters in
the long run?,NO.

One last thing,I myself could not believe in a God that would give you the proof you need,because
he wouldn't be much of a god if he went around to feeble human beings proving himself just so they
would believe in him,that is not the definition of any god,that makes the human above the god.

edit on 13-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2

Yes you did claim that you don't believe in God,right here>> I am sorry i can not logocally believe
in any god until i have solid scientific proof

Let me say, that if this is your requirement,then you will never believe in God
because God only reveals himself through the eyes of faith,so just stop looking for
scientific proof,cause you are wasting your time.

But I can honestly say, that those who believe in God and live to please him,will have God,proving
himself to them over and over in ways that science could never hope to do, in fact, let me ask you,
can science give you real and lasting peace,joy,comfort,hope,love or anything that even matters in
the long run?,NO.

One last thing,I myself could not believe in a God that would give you the proof you need,because
he wouldn't be much of a god if he went around to feeble human beings proving himself just so they
would believe in him,that is not the definition of any god,that makes the human above the god.

But your god really, really wants people to believe it it/him/her/whatever. Why would it be so desperate to be believed i but not provide even the tiniest shred of proof?

And um, "eyes of faith"? Is it just the religious that put words together like that?

edit on 14-4-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

faith is a wonderful thing but it will never be truth. you tell me i need faith, would you stand on the edge of a skyscrapper and jump off and let god decide if you will live. If a loved one was sick would you pray to god to heal them and let god decide if the person should live. would you close your eyes and walk out into traffic and have faith that god will see you to the other side.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

yes its is true God and Santa Claus are the same people. have you ever seen the both at the same party.

if I was an atheist, I'd probably quote that line in my signature

edit on 12/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Ill start by saying what a much better world this would be if we did not know what "religion" anyone was.
This should be something so personal and so private it is not discussed outside the bounds or confines of a church or specified "religious" community.

But if religion was not taught, then religion would cease to exist except for personal spirituality - not a good thing in my opinion. If a god supports a religion, then he would want his religion taught, not hoarded by an individual. Your opinion is probably biased by your own belief against organized religion.
Making the topic of religion taboo would probably only further the cause of anti-theism.
edit on 12/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: formatting fix

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Well, now we all know where God is when disaster strikes and people are suffering, he's at the north pole eating cookies!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join