It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can this forum make sense?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

The problem is not with the forum itself, It is with the fact that it is in News and being treated like this is actually happening!

Which it isn't.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by 211220121111

i've never done one single thing to encourage a world war. I've never declared a world war on anyone. how on earth does this forum, or talking about a possible (or unfolding) world war cause it to happen?

You just argued all that BS with me then called this yourself. Possible? Unfolding? cause it to happen?

Why did you use these words? because you know aswell as I do that saying it has started is BS and speculative.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Firstly I would ask why other forums such as “Middle East Issues” or “Social Issues/Civil Unrest” or “War on Terrorism” are not as deserving of a place in the “news” section, or why truly significant events wouldn't be discussed in the context of a "World War Three" scenario anyway in the Alternative/Political News sections?

This forum simply encourages a conveyer belt of completely insignificant events being presented as "tipping points" or "fallen dominoes" only to be forgotten a few days/weeks later or hopefully, dismissed as being an utterly ridiculous suggestion to begin with.

Not to mention that having WW3 in the “news” section makes ATS look sensationalist in the extreme, the forum is supposedly "reserved for discussion of the powder-keg type atmosphere surrounding the events in the Middle-East, Africa, and Asia; and the geopolitical influences on the uprisings happening there, which combined appear to be the core beginning of World War Three" - how many threads here are doing that?

I would also argue that no combination of events in the Middle East, Africa or anywhere else "appear to be the core beginning of World War Three". When was it decided that the vast majority of people believe that this is the case or that it is more likely to be the case than not, to the point that it deserves its own forum in the "news" section?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
All i had to read is "why is this here like its already happening"

Sir,im pretty sure when a war is happening on pretty much every continent all at once. Im pretty sure we can define that as a world war.

The mexicans war on each other over drugs.
Americas war with the afgans.
libyas war on its own people.
egypt's government just got overthrown with very little war (molitov cocktails into crowds and people getting ran over)
Some black people in some african village are killing each other over gold
different asian parties are threatening each other.

So,i left out a ton of wars going on and i didnt say the most politically correct names for each party involved in the wars... i just didnt feel like researching all that.

Now,how many wars were happening during ww1 and ww2? Less than now.

So,by definition. Is a world war going on right now? The answer is the biggest one to ever happen,since recorded history has started.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Good post, worthy of a star. Even the events contained in the Fragile Earth forum would seem to have more of a valid reason to be included in the news section, as oftentimes threads in there point to events WHICH ARE REALLY HAPPENING NOW, which WW3 isn`t. This really should be moved to a more speculative category than news.

Dare I suggest [HOAX] may be appropriate for the topic of WW3 as a current and happening event?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
World leaders around the globe are making their final preparations, if you're not ready for what the seemingly inevitable future holds for all of us, you should be! Who knows when all out war will commence, could be tomorrow or 20 years from now. Regardless of the time frame, the events happening now are going to be the events which lead up to yet another world war. Being concerned is great, if the general public read between the lines putting 2 and 2 together maybe they too would see whats on the horizon. The only way to stop what we could expect to be the ultimate SHTF scenario, is for general public to see just how close we are to being there.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

I admittedly did not read through all the pages. But I have to say that I have felt like WW3 had already begun. If you check out the actual definition of war and then world war....well, present time situations fit it nicely!!! Only takes some of the world powers to be at war somewhere, and according to the UN war is defined by having 1,000 or more fatalities a year as a direct result of the fighting. Hmmm. So, are we there? Yes!!! There are more countries in some kind of war, struggle, battle than there was in WW2.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

Using that line of logic, we could say that everything between the end of WW2 and the start of WW3 (if and when it does start of course) has been the build up to WW3.
I don`t object to the forum itself, just the fact it is featured as "news".

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

wait, are we arguing semantics? or warfare? I use speculative language because, while I firmly believe that the time period in which we are now living will be looked back upon as the third world war, the truth is simple; I don't know. Which is a lot more than the WW3 naysayers are willing to say.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnonymousLurker

there is actually a theory among historians that the first and second world wars are all part of a European Civil War which began with the Franco-Prussian war in 1870. it isn't taught in school, but it's a credible position nonetheless. If you go looking you will find that there hasn't been a single moment in U.S. history since before WW2 when we didn't have troops in another country performing operations. In a sense, the world has been at war on a scale heretofore unseen since the Industrial Revolution.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

aahahahahhhahahhah!!!! call it a HOAX when the bombs drop, friend. Just because we live in peace in America does not mean that the world isn't currently ravaged by war. Find me the largest geographical region on earth without active warfare and I'll show you either a place where humans don't live or one of the world's super powered nations. The biggest fattest nations will be able to insulate their population from war longer than the 3rd world, which is already engulfed in conflict.

When they were happening, both of the first world wars were viewed as primarily European wars, America entering the fray later in both cases. In neither case did warfare ever reach our shores, so I'm sure that people back then didn't realize that the conflicts were as serious as history is able to recognize.

Either way, we will only be able to say conclusively who is right once it's all said and done. Maybe the news section isn't the best place for this, but it certainly has more credibility than UFOlogy or the Annunaki. It is a theory based on real and unfolding current events, in other words, the news.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

really? you're worried about ATS looking sensationalist? If the worst that outsiders can muster is "sensational" then I'm happy with the world's view of the Truth community. I'm used to insane, tin-foil-hat wearing freak!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

Sorry guys, I just had a postgasm all over this thread.
2nd.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I started a new thread in the Alternative Breaking News section about Libya and an apparent propaganda war, to find it was moved here, to the WW3 section.

I really think the mods/admin need to create a sticky, outlining at the least their rationale for this forums existence.
edit on 17-4-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
I started a new thread in the Alternative Breaking News section about Libya and an apparent propaganda war, to find it was moved here, to the WW3 section.

I really think the mods/admin need to create a sticky, outlining at the least their rationale for this forums existence.

Or perhaps more people could wake up to the fact that WW111 is now and has been ongoing for the last ten years.

The War on Terror (also known as the Global War on Terror or the War on Terrorism) is an international military campaign led by the United States and the United Kingdom with the support of other NATO and non-NATO countries. Originally, the campaign was waged against al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations with the purpose of eliminating them.

en.wikipedia.org...

Bush addresses the nation;

Tonight we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done.

Our response involves far more than instant retaliation and isolated strikes. Americans should not expect one battle but a lengthy campaign, unlike any other we have ever seen. It may include dramatic strikes, visible on TV, and covert operations, secret even in success. We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, drive them from place to place, until there is no refuge or no rest. And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime.

This is not, however, just America's fight, and what is at stake is not just America's freedom. This is the world's fight. This is civilization's fight. This is the fight of all who believe in progress and pluralism, tolerance and freedom.

20 September 2001

middleeast.about.com...

Google Timeline for the 'war on terror';

news.google.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

aahahahahhhahahhah!!!! call it a HOAX when the bombs drop, friend. Just because we live in peace in America does not mean that the world isn't currently ravaged by war. Find me the largest geographical region on earth without active warfare and I'll show you either a place where humans don't live or one of the world's super powered nations. The biggest fattest nations will be able to insulate their population from war longer than the 3rd world, which is already engulfed in conflict.

When they were happening, both of the first world wars were viewed as primarily European wars, America entering the fray later in both cases. In neither case did warfare ever reach our shores, so I'm sure that people back then didn't realize that the conflicts were as serious as history is able to recognize.

Either way, we will only be able to say conclusively who is right once it's all said and done. Maybe the news section isn't the best place for this, but it certainly has more credibility than UFOlogy or the Annunaki. It is a theory based on real and unfolding current events, in other words, the news.

I`m in the UK, and conflict DID reach us directly, thankfully before my time admittedly. However, the bombs did drop around my grandparents and parents heads as they cowered in the air raid shelters. That is not happening now. Where is the retaliatory action coming from that you expect to be the cause of these bombs dropping (I assume in the USA, maybe wrong) here?
If you study the dynamics of WW1 & WW2, you would realise that this situtation with Libya and civil revolt across the middle east is not, in fact, WW3.
Please continue to try and paint a picture that wars around the globe = WORLD WAR THREE!!!
And when the bombs start dropping, you can U2U me to say "I told you so."

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I think, that forum mostly for bored people, but here is a lot of usable information!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Why is this in the news section like it's already happening? Easily the most bizarre thing I've ever seen on here.

If you have been paying attention to the news, you can see hints of the start of a Cold War or World War III. Series of events are unfolding in which are setting a course towards war. As China continues to become a world power, they will seek control over energy and manufacturing resources.

Example Articles:
Space.com: Washington Worries China Will Challenge U.S. Dominance in Space
Reuters.com: Strategic tensions threaten Asia as China rises
MSNBC.com: US and China on Collision Course for Trade War?

Just a few examples above.

Now, why a 'World War'? Russia will blindside us. While we made a nuclear pact with Russia, they were signing a nuclear production deal with China. Russia has also been arming China with new military planes and equipment. As they work behind the scenes, Russia and China's spies have been slipping in and out of our country. All this is being played out in real-time, and not many have been paying attention.

As we watch what the left hand is doing, the right hand is hiding and doing something else.

Washington Times: China targets U.S. Troops With Arms Buildup
Rediff News: 'China's military build-up is alarming'
FoxNews: Pentagon Sounds Alarm at China's Military Buildup

We are heading to war folks. Don't be fooled.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The term World War has lost its meaning. Every war that was fought after WW2 was in essence a world collaborated war. There are no haphazard alliances any more, its just dictators verses capitalists that at times degrades into a fight for resources. I think the NWO war should be called Global War instead or at least New World War, to seperate it from the previous two that were strangely interconnected. And a different definition for it as well to emphasise the fact that its not a term denoting war effort or political war strategy but more of a breakdown of systems that will allow the formation of new super power or status quo.
edit on 13-5-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join