It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party Movement is #Winning! (per Nancy Pelosi that is)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
***MODS: I know this article has been posted, but not this slant on it, hope you agree***

So Nancy Pelosi presumes to tell the Republicans they need to "take their party back"...

To my Republican friends: take back your party. So that it doesn’t matter so much who wins the election, because we have shared values about the education of our children, the growth of our economy, how we defend our country, our security and civil liberties, how we respect our seniors. Because there are so many things at risk right now -- perhaps in another question I'll go into them, if you want. But the fact is that elections shouldn't matter as much as they do...But when it comes to a place where there doesn't seem to be shared values then that can be problematic for the country, as I think you can see right now.

The Weekly Standard

I read this plain and simple:
There is a clear and present danger to the existing two party system. The Tea Party has impacted elections and made both Republican and Democrat politicians fear for their careers and seats of power.

Regardless of your political persuasion, this should embolden you that you can have an impact with your vote. The people's voice is not dead.

If you're a Democrat, vote for a third party candidate. If you're Republican, vote for a third party candidate.

Nancy is worried because they see their vice grip on power being weakened...

Anytime those two parties "unite" on something should be a huge RED FLAG that something ain't right in the hallowed halls of Capitol Hill.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

I read this plain and simple:
There is a clear and present danger to the existing two party system. The Tea Party has impacted elections and made both Republican and Democrat politicians fear for their careers and seats of power.

I disagree. Until the day comes where so-called Tea Party candidates stop putting a little (R) next to their names, there is no actual threat to the two party system.

Has there even been a so-called Tea Party candidate that has had a (D) next to their name?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Nancy is worried because they see their vice grip on power being weakened...

Maybe Nancy's personal vice grip has been weakened but her handlers are doing just fine and the scheme is progressing as scheduled. They have the Tea Party to manipulate now....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by negativenihil
Has there even been a so-called Tea Party candidate that has had a (D) next to their name?

No, and likely never will be. The problem that the Tea Party was created to resolve, is that the real Rs in elected office at least at the national level are nearly non-existent. What passes for an R today, is more a D lite. Or, RINOs, if you will. The Libertarians are closer to what a classic R would be than the current Rs are, but they're way too interested in winning debates vs elections.

So, the traditional R has what would appear, at least superficially, to have a home amongst kindred spirits in the Tea Party. Not too likely any Democrats are going to suit up for that one. Much like I doubt a whole lot of Bears fans were pulling for the Packers in the last Super Bowl. You've got the occasional political crossdresser like Lieberman or Specter who can move between parties comfortably because there isn't that much difference in principle anyway, anymore.

What's the difference between Soros and Murdoch?

When the boot's on your neck, does it really matter whose foot is in it?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
No, and likely never will be.

But does this not contradict the general idea that the so-called Tea Party is an all-inclusive body, with people from both sides of the political spectrum, and all walks of life? I couldn't even tell you how often I've seen this general sentiment expressed when people speak about or defend the Tea Party.

When we get down to brass tacks however, until the so-called Tea Party is ready to stand on it's own as a real political party, separate from the GOP - the two party system will live on.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by negativenihil

Political spin. Of course they say that.
"We're the party for the people who love America"
"We're for the 'little guy'"
"We're on YOUR side"

It's what they all say. Sure the Tea Party is all-inclusive, as long as you're included amongst those who agree with them. Hell, if we all agreed, we'd only need one party.

Ever hear of the "if by whiskey" speech?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join