It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain ordered by the EU to allow prisoners to vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by budski

Very true, sugarplum.

It's pathetic. They're hypocrites in all fairness. Thing is, if we conform to these 'orders'...who knows what we'll be asked to do next?

You know what mate? EU can go and stuff themselves.
Like you said, when they tell us...we have to do it yet when we ask...it's overlooked.

Where has the democracy and fairness gone? Meh. These days it's all a load of BS.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
A lot of words to say very little.

We live in a society, society has rules - if you don't wish to live in a society, go elsewhere.

See, this is the problem my friend. You justify rules by instituting more rules. This is why society breaks down. In order to protect the rules you have to create ever more rules. Before you know it, you are so trapped in rules that the whole system comes apart.

It's not MY government - I didn't vote for them, I dislike them intensely, and I am not blind in any way shape or form to their failings.
In actual fact I am one of this countries biggest critics - so it might be worth getting your facts right before making such an absurd assumption, especially considering my Irish heritage.

Ok, so you are Irish. There is still blood on your hands then. Who is innocent? Don't we all contribute to this machine in one form or another?

If you want to talk about blood on hands, go talk to your very own native americans.

The fact is that if you choose to live in a society, then you need to obey the rules of that society - I don't really give a toss how you want to dress it up, that's how it is.

That is how it was my friend. The world is so entangled in it's rules right now that the soul of man is screaming for liberty. It will come undone. Don't take my word for it, just watch.

I am not judging you so there is no need to get defensive. I am just explaining why it is the way it is from my perspective. You are free to disagree. We are equals here. Your view is as valid as mine. What I am telling you is what will become, like warning you that your bus is about to go off a cliff. Don't hate the messenger.

You can't have a society based on equality and Love" when people refuse to play by the same rules as everyone else.

You cannot have love and equality WITH rules. It simply cannot exist. The rules WILL oppress and confine someone. You either love all or you do not. If you love all and all are treated equally, rules are not necessary. The rule of the heart is natural.

Go ahead and make your perfect society - I can guarantee that within a very short space of time it will crumble.

I am not the builder my friend. I am simply a stone in the works.

That aside, your posts are a mass of contradictions and make little or no sense.

In that case, I will trouble you no more.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You know what the real reason is for allowing criminals to vote? Because criminals need other criminals to back them up. Remimber what your mom used to say about birds of a feather flock together? They know they need more shady people to vote for them because they cant get honest people to fall for it anymore. Pretty soon Chineese and Russian citicens will be able to vote for your countrys elected officials.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Democracy and fairness and EU in the same sentence don't mix.

I'm all for free trade, but this has gone beyond a joke - we are in the process of being integrated into a regional blok, just like in the comic 2000AD

I wouldn't mind so much if other country's played by the rules, but it seems that we are the only ones who do.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Here's the thing - you cannot have a society WITHOUT rules, because then the very people you are seeking to protect will be the ones kicking your door in and taking what they want because they can't be bothered to work for it.

You are not a stone, you're just a guy on an internet forum preaching something that can't possibly exist, whilst at the same time condoning murder and thuggery.

It doesn't wash.

Come up with something better than the hippy-dippy bullplop and I might listen.

edit on 13/4/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Here's the thing - you cannot have a society WITHOUT rules, because then the very people you are seeking to protect will be the ones kicking your door in and taking what they want because they can't be bothered to work for it.

How do you know?

You are not a stone, you're just a guy on an internet forum preaching something that can't possibly exist, whilst at the same time condoning murder and thuggery.

A stone is a metaphor my friend. We are all stones in the temple of Man. This is to say we are all members of the family of Man. How we are shaped is wholly dependant on what we experience in life. If someone experiences pain, oppression, suffering, and hate, he will become those things to others. If a Man is in want, he will take.

I am not condoning anything. I am simply saying it is what it is. No where have I ever said I condone murder or thuggery. I prefer peaceful solutions to all disagreements between men. Locking Man up behind bars and silencing him is NOT a peaceful solution and only breeds further violence. Get to the root of the problem. Find out what causes one to do those harmful things they do, heal them, welcome them back into society, ensure none are in want, this is the way to a new world.

It doesn't wash.

Come up with something better than the hippy-dippy bullplop and I might listen.

As I said, I do not expect anyone to listen. Watching will be good enough.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

How do I know?

You're the one that said man has been like that since the dawn of time - now all of a sudden YOU can change things with this half arsed philosophy?

I think not.

Like I said, a mass of contradictions.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ofc they should have the vote... what is wrong with peeps

kx

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

How do I know?

You're the one that said man has been like that since the dawn of time - now all of a sudden YOU can change things with this half arsed philosophy?

I think not.

Like I said, a mass of contradictions.

You seem to have gotten lost in the conversation. Here is what I said.

As for taking what you haven't earned, Man has done that since the dawn of time. You suppose you own the land since you earned it. You nor your ancestors put one ounce of sweat into the creation of this world. All you and they have done is take from it. Some take through the system of rules established by others, some take according to rules they establish themselves. If we shared without rules, the problem would be solved.

Yes, Man has been making rules and using those rules to take from the land and each other since the dawn of time. Isn't it about time we stop acting like competing cave men and share?

So again, how do you know man cannot live without rules at this point? It has never been tried!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Yes, it has been tried, and it took until man invented rules for us to move forwards, otherwise we would all be living in caves still, and you wouldn't be reaping the benefits of society, by sitting there on your PC made by the society you live in, throwing out smug platitudes about "no rules" which is actually the height of hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Who would you want to have the vote, the super rich who avoid paying taxes (they know where their bread is buttered) or the person who refused to pay parking fines?

Many prisoners shouldn't be there in the first place the UK has the highest inmates than the majority of other EU members.

Sweden, Denmark, Spain and Switzerland to name just four, prisoners are allowed the vote, these four country's have less re-offending than the Uk or the US.
Part of offenders rehabilitation is that they feel part of soceity. That our votes don;t really count is another matter.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yes, it has been tried, and it took until man invented rules for us to move forwards, otherwise we would all be living in caves still, and you wouldn't be reaping the benefits of society, by sitting there on your PC made by the society you live in, throwing out smug platitudes about "no rules" which is actually the height of hypocrisy.

You are correct, we lived in caves, the proverbial Garden of Eden. Food was plentiful, our water clean, the air crisp, and the stars in the sky were magnificent. Sure, we have progressed technologically, but where are we headed socially? Where will our technology lead us as we fall further and further from the Garden?

All things are in divine order my friend. You want rules, you will get them. The irony is that you do not like the rules that are not in your favor. "How dare someone tell us who can vote!" Sorry but thems the rules my friend.

The hypocrisy is evident my friend, but you focus on the beam in your own eye.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Sweden, Denmark, Spain and Switzerland to name just four, prisoners are allowed the vote, these four country's have less re-offending than the Uk or the US.
Part of offenders rehabilitation is that they feel part of soceity. That our votes don;t really count is another matter.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that these countries allowed their convicted criminals to vote.

I take your point about anyone imprisoned due to a 'minor' crime too. But I guess that if the UK had the right to determine their own interpretation of what the HRA stands for in this case, then such eventualities might be incorporated - eg. someone who is on a sentence of less than 6 mths retains the right to vote (just a basic example, you get the idea). As it stands, the UK seems to have no choice, and that has the EU 'in or out' people pretty riled!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
While I'm glad I helped vote in the best PM since I was born, I really hope Cameron can tell the EU to piss off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join