It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

California Tsunami Victim Washed ashore

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

(CNN) -- The body of a 25-year-old northern California man swept out to sea while trying to photograph the tsunami's arrival from Japan last month has washed ashore about 380 miles away, in Oregon, officials there said Tuesday.


cnn

This is very sad indeed. My sorrows go out to the family but at least they have closure now. After a month to sea, the chances of getting a body back are slim.

But this also goes to show that these warnings, if even if they seem overly cautious, are there for a reason.




posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Darwin award winner right there.. But when they say stay away there is bound to be one idiot who doesn't. Nothing sad about it really. I wonder where our country would be right now if we got rid of all the people with little to no intelligence.


Deebo
edit on 13-4-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Heartless troll ^



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChildoftheAnnunaki
Heartless troll ^



Nothing heartless about it.. No different than an idiot who tries to break into a tigers cage at a zoo. Stupid hurts/kills. And I am not a troll...



Deebo
edit on 13-4-2011 by Deebo because: fix



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ChildoftheAnnunaki
 


not really. The man should have been spending time trying to help victims instead of trying to film and take pictures of the disaster. HE was the heartless one. Its always sad when a life is lost, but when you take stupid chances sometimes you are going to pay.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Very sad. Aside from the power of the tsunami, i have a friend i met in the bay area whose girlfriend was swept out to sea, due to misjudging the strength of the rip tides. May this man who has been found rest in peace and his family find peace as well.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Darwin award winner right there.. But when they say stay away there is bound to be one idiot who doesn't. Nothing sad about it really. I wonder where our country would be right now if we got rid of all the people with little to no intelligence.


 



Originally posted by ChildoftheAnnunaki
Heartless troll ^


I gotta say I agree with deebo on this one, that one person compared to the 10,000+ Japanese that are dead or missing (dead by now of course) vs one idiot looking for some video footage - I just can't find any sympathy for him at all...



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Darwin award winner right there.. But when they say stay away there is bound to be one idiot who doesn't. Nothing sad about it really. I wonder where our country would be right now if we got rid of all the people with little to no intelligence.


Deebo
edit on 13-4-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)


...You could make the argument about how many lives someone like this saves...I mean, if we didn't have pictures or footage of disasters as they are happening...how many more would be pushing the limits to get a look...I mean, sit here and enjoy their work, while insulting them for doing it...
edit on 13-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
With no risk there is no gain. Adventure is what makes life worth living. You can stay indoors, convincing yourself that safety is a virtue. You will die a withered old man, content that you are a winner for having survived so long.

In his final moments that man was more alive than I ever will be. He faced the wrath of Poseidon head on.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
In his final moments that man was more alive than I ever will be. He faced the wrath of Poseidon head on.


He felt the wrath of a few feet of swell, I can see that any day. This guy was an idiot, but then again I have been known to play with a few feet of sea swell my self... That makes him an unlucky idiot.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The older I get the more I realize that people have a hand in their own demise.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Isildur1
 


Please explain to me how a man standing on a beach in America is supposed to help the victims? It is clear from your post that you (and at least half the other posters) assume he was in Japan. If you read the report you will see his body was found in Oregon 380 miles from where he went in the sea.

Last I heard Japan is 8000 miles from USA (I'm in UK so forgive me if I dont know the exact distance from mainland USA to Japan)
edit on 14-4-2011 by UltraMind because: (no reason given)


Also as this model shows it is expected to be 2 years before the sea borne debris reaches USA making the bodies arrival about 23 months early

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-4-2011 by UltraMind because: evidence



posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMind
reply to post by Isildur1
 


Please explain to me how a man standing on a beach in America is supposed to help the victims? It is clear from your post that you (and at least half the other posters) assume he was in Japan. If you read the report you will see his body was found in Oregon 380 miles from where he went in the sea.

Last I heard Japan is 8000 miles from USA (I'm in UK so forgive me if I dont know the exact distance from mainland USA to Japan)
edit on 14-4-2011 by UltraMind because: (no reason given)


Also as this model shows it is expected to be 2 years before the sea borne debris reaches USA making the bodies arrival about 23 months early

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-4-2011 by UltraMind because: evidence

Thank you for joining. I love when the more intelligent posters shows up here. It gives me hope that there are some still out there.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join