It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Japan sinking? (Creepy Video)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The first video is in "Shin-Urayasu" in Chiba Prefecture (en.wikipedia.org...) and the original video is here www.youtube.com... .

This area is reclaimed land (landfill) so the video is the liquefaction that occurred as the March 11 quake was happening. The water is from liquefaction and from burst water pipes.

Buildings have piles buried deep into solid ground so that they avoided major damage. This only protected the buildings, while the footpaths and underground waterpipes cannot be protected. Disneyland is in this area but avoided damage to the park through sand compaction piling.

The best description I have found of what happened in Chiba and Disneyland is here www.japanprobe.com...

As for Japan sinking… they made a movie called Japan Sinks in the 1970s and a remake in 2006. Someone has uploaded the entire movie with English subtitles here (www.youtube.com...). There was also a parody called "Everything other than Japan sinks."

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by linduh

reply to post by memphis11

Star for both. Thanks for the Clarifications. We probably won´t get more Info than that,because i never saw those Videos on NHK,so they are probably ignoring it for the Time-beeing.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Is Japan sinking?

Does anyone know what an island is? An island doesn't float on the water, and therefore cannot 'sink'.

Question reminds me of this video.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by linduh

I fail to see what's natural and unnatural. Things settle. As was mentioned, had they used the right materials it would not be happening.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by Shenon

Is Japan sinking?

Does anyone know what an island is? An island doesn't float on the water, and therefore cannot 'sink'.

Question reminds me of this video.

However it could be forced underwater by shifting faultlines, I'm sure that's what people mean.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Thats why the Thread-Title is a Question

Aynway,"Sinking" doesn´t have to mean the whole Landmass is going into the Ocean ...but a new Tsunami (for example from the long expected Tokai Earthquake ) could "wash" away everything that is unstable right now due to this Liquification...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
doublepostthingie
edit on 17-4-2011 by Shenon because: doublepost

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Actually there have been countless reports on Japanese news channels and in their Japanese-language newspapers (including NHK) about the liquefaction in Urayasu and other areas. For anyone who can read Japanese, there is a lot more specific information out there.

If you are only relying on news in English, you are only getting the reports that someone felt was worth translating. There is an abundance of information, but no one has the time to translate everything and not everything is worth translating.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Very insightful, and yes, it would create a massive tsunami on the West Coast. Bigger than what we have ever seen for sure. I don't want to even imagine that, since I live on the West Coast.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Hmm... let me explain it to you this way.
When we had the 7.9 earthquake on Adak, AK of 1986, there was a significant difference in whom received the most damage. We lived in an area called Old/New Roberts Housing. Homes were set up as single-flat duplexes side to side. This area was originally a small lake connected to the bay and therefore the waters would rise and fall with the tides. The area was filled in with rock and dirt to make room for military dependent housing.
Other houses on the base were on rock solid ground. Guess who received the most damage?
Streets were no longer straight but curved here and there. The street in front of our house settled. My sister and I walked to the Adak Boat Harbor, after the all clear was given for the tsunami warning and sent the school kids home. There was a coke can on the beach, which I proceeded to retreive. The sand on the beach was solid for quick second, then turned into quick sand. I nearly lost my right shoe, when I walked out to retrieve the can. Its consistency was very much like taking cornstarch and water: mixed together and pressure is applied, the cornstarch is a solid. Remove the applied pressure and it turns into a liquid. I saw water immediately appear at the surface of the sand, once my foot began to sink into the sand. It was quite bizzare, to say the least.
My family walked the entire housing complex to observe for any damage and we did not come across any liquification signs. Japan had not only a 9.0 but many significant 6+ earthquakes following the initial tremor. That does not give the ground enough time, in my opinion, to resettle. The liquification videos I have seen on YouTube reminds me of the day I stepped onto the beach and dang near lost my right shoe. Not exactly the same scenario, but I can only imagine the science behind it is similar.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by linduh

Yea maybe I sounded a bit angry but you live there and therefore know more. Sorry. I just think that in all honesty this is just chunks of floating infill.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I like what you said: "...chunks of floating infill."
I'd say you're right.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
has anyone heard of G.E.E.R.. Geotechnical Extreme Event Reconnaissance, well i found this video of an official report on the extent of Japans liquefaction..

www.youtube.com...

also makes me wonder,, if radiation has leaked into the ground water.. would that not make the ooze radioactive at least in some areas??

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakenAwake

OMG!!

www.youtube.com.../u/12/D6c7NL21Gxw

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join