It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Japan sinking? (Creepy Video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Liquifaction? Yes, but also burst water mains and sewers contents being forced upwards by the ground movement.

I dont think Japan is sinking as, already posted here, the tectonic plate is being forced under Japan.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

These are near a filled in sea. artificial land. but they also may be fake.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
very scarey footage,and thanks for sharing

Like others have said they are use to this happening,so thats why sum seem so calm,I for one would be panicing,its fightening enough to see on film let alone be stood in their shoes

Mother nature is the boss and here she is setting the record straight!!!!!!!
S+F for you my friend

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
very very creepy indeed. i cant even begin to imagine what it must be like. as a previous post said its almost as though the earth is breathing or taking in a few deep breaths..

Great post indeed

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Wow!
Look at the telephone poles and wires between 0:40 and 0:50 . They are clearly coming closer, then farther, away from each other.
I believe Japan is sinking, and here is a very detailed explanation of how and why....
Sorry, I couldn't find the embed code on this one.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I don't know if Japan is sinking, but the video footage seems to be of normal earthquake activity. The reaction of the people in the video seems to be in line with what is going on.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

This is crazy sh it!!!

I was looking at that rim along Japans coast the other day in a video and right then i said that whole side is gonna go undersea when the ridge drops down further.... which will cause a huge wave heading Eastwards (if thats possible)...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I understand that Japan has earthquakes, and tsunamis, quite a lot. Certainly more often than say, Cleveland. But this is not 'normal.' A 9.0 earthquake is literally one of the most violent forces on earth, and while it may be true that Liquifaction happens, and earthquakes happen, and nuclear accidents happen, and tsunamis happen, that DOES NOT mean that Japan is going to fully recover from this. Nor does it mean that its business as usual for the Earth.

Anyone who wants to regurgitate that 'Japan is used to this' hocum is either delusional or in denial.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
They are calm people.

But those people are freaked, and running to get the hell out.

This is not NORMAL, or we would have seen this often.

Why are there still EQ's in Japan. Why are they moving closer to Tokyo every day.

All the 5 and 6 EQs are now on the Japan land, 2 weeks ago, they were all in the ocean.

You know the worst thing....... after all this crap that is going on.... we could do somthing... IF WE HAD PROPER GUIDANCE. Our government are leaving us to die. This is god damn anarchy.

Have your heard of towns in US where they can't afford to pay the police, so there is no police in the towns.

How much longer until the food runs out, plagues are released and humans are forced to eat humans to survive.
Im sure, humans will turn into more like wolves after eating human flesh for several weeks and there you have the zombie movies.

I pray our Elite will come down and help us.... they are the only ones who can.... and we all have to help each other... control our natural instincts ( to prey on weak is natural instinct) it is time for a new leader, one the masses will be happy to follow and we can all work towards a common goal.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I Know How This Must Sound, Probably because it's similar to the plot of the movie 2012, but with all the earthquakes happening lately what if the earth's crust is destabilizing, And ironically we are closing in on that year, im not a conspiracy theorist, but i don't think we should rule this possibility out.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
Weren't these towns built on land re-claimed from the sea? That would explain the "wave" like motion and the upsurge of water forced inland by the tsunami.
Unbelievable video!! I'm not sure what the mainland is built on but the island of Okinawa(south of the mainland) is built on coral rock,so it's possible the mainland is as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticDan
I Know How This Must Sound, Probably because it's similar to the plot of the movie 2012, but with all the earthquakes happening lately what if the earth's crust is destabilizing, And ironically we are closing in on that year, im not a conspiracy theorist, but i don't think we should rule this possibility out.
What do you mean by "all the earthquakes happening lately"??

Doesn't the Earth always have Earthquakes?

Here's a graph of magnitude 5+ Earthquakes from 1990-2011:
Earthquake Facts and Statistics Graphs
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1a12b4ef651.png[/atsimg]

Maybe you can point out to me on that graph what you mean by "all the earthquakes happening lately"?
Here's some stats on Earthquake frequency by magnitude: earthquake.usgs.gov... That shows an average of one 8.0 or higher a year, and 1468 a year between 5.0-7.9. There are millions per year below 5.0.

Back on topic, on Wednesday, NatGeo showed the video from the OP plus a lot of other footage in a 1 hour special called "Witness: Disaster in Japan", it was all amateur video.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...-Videos/10195_00

One of the videographers commented he hadn't seen anything this bad on TV, probably because the TV crews couldn't get there to film it due to the devastation. And some of the videos show people calmly filming the tsunami coming in until they realize they may not be on high enough ground to be safe, then they start running like the wind. I found it an interesting show, with lots more besides just the OP videos.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
this is starting to get freaky indeed. In the first vid you can see a tall building further away... Imagine if that stands on such ground!!!!
Their buildings are built to withstand these earthquakes,I can guarantee if this happened in the U.S buildings would be reduced to rubble.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorpitarius

You dont embed in these forums, if you look above the text box you'll see small tabs one of which saids vid youtube. click that go to the video and copy the videos code ( look in the address bar and you'll see a V= and than a bunch of numbers and letters just copy and paste that into the box that popped up and hit enter)

I know its off topic, but I noticed alot of people aren't aware of this.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That is wild.... I think that most of the water surfacing is from broken pipes though. Yea I would be requesting a visa from any country beside Japan at this point. I know the numbers say they won't get hit again that bad but just the fact of dealing with that...wow..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Im I the only who finds it awesome when mother nature decides to remind everybody who the real boss is?...

it would be if tens of thousands of people didnt die...innocent people...who didnt deserve it...wheres the awsomeness in that?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Geez,some People have no Imagination
"Japan sinking" doesn´t have to mean the whole Island is gonna drop off into the Ocean. Imagine this Liquified Ground beeing swept into the Ocean when another Tsunami hits...

Originally posted by tsloan
(snip)
I know the numbers say they won't get hit again that bad but just the fact of dealing with that...wow..

As sad as it is,you´re wrong with that Statement. They (JMA) are expecting another Disaster

The Reason is,that the 11 March 9.0 wasn´t the one Japan expected or prepared for.

Though Friday's Japan earthquake—which spawned a tsunami and damaged a nuclear power plant—was the largest to strike the country since the dawn of modern seismology, it wasn't the long dreaded "big one," experts say.

See here

Google "Japan Big One"
edit on 14-4-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think the craziest part about the video is the reaction of the people...If i had been walking down the street and saw water splitting sidewalks and city streets I definitely wouldn't be that calm. Sure the idea presented that the plates are continuing to move is true, but not at this rate; this is just unreal. Mother nature is claiming back her land....great find.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
How long before we will start to see massive sink holes swallowing entire buildings, surely the water underground must be leaving massive cavities open?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by REalBEL

I think I figured out why the Japanese people are remaing "calm"....Maybe it's all the lithium the government is putting in the water...(news.bbc.co.uk...)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join