It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What, exactly, do some of you think is coming?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Before I get accused of baiting people here, I want to announce that because of what I learned from you folks the last time I spent free time here, I revised my book and added 30 pages worth of new information that I could not have gained without your invaluable help as inspiration and irritation (one of the perks of self-publishing). So, please don't assume that I am knocking any of you for what you honestly believe. Yes, I will challenge you, but that's what you did for me, and I gained considerably as a result.

So here's my question.

What is it that so many of you feel is coming that will transform the human race next year? I understand the overview, and have read the "marketing literature" about the Mayan Calendar and how all these other theologies and cultural beliefs dovetail with that specific timeline, and I am also conversational in the cosmological aspects of December 2012, so let's not waste time with reiteration. What I want to understand is if any of you have a vision of what this "something" is that will actually be the change agent, and that will do whatever it'll take to transform a significant enough percentage of human perspectives on this planet to allow you to smile and say that it definitely came to pass - whatever "it" is that is supposed to come to pass.

To be honest, I can't imagine it to be a supernatural event, since the modern human being is infinitely capable of dismissing anything it simply refuses to accept as real. I also can't imagine an alien invasion, since that wouldn't transform the consciousness of people, so much as put them behind barricades with weaponry. Not exactly a real transformation as much as a stand-off.

I also have a hard time with those who claim that only them and their friends will be enlightened enough to notice the change, since that kind of transformation has probably happened every year - somewhere on the planet - and I can remember when I was 20 yrs old and we discovered that PCP would provide us with answers that no one else was enlightened enough to understand. So it's not as if I've ever been above that sort of transformation myself. No, it can't be a members-only transformation.

I'm thinking that this transformation - if one is actually coming next year - will have to involve a massive flood of immediately accepted information that completely reinvents reality for the average person. And not just at an intellectual level, but at a deep visceral level. To me, nothing else could legitimately be considered a global transformation.

Any ideas? And please, no links to any Hindu yogi sites. That stuff's been around since before Christ, and hasn't transformed a damn thing outside of pockets within India and some Internet messageboard forums here and there. Whatever this upcoming thing is, it'll have to be brand new and immediately compelling. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Theoretical Physics and New Age hybrids have been around long enough to prove that they are not the keys to whatever this incoming transformation is about. Let me know what you think. I'm just trying to challenge us to figure out what it might be.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

No Idea pal, its a feeling of big change and its as definate in my mind as any other feeling, I dont think anyone really knows, Maybe its just Hope

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I read in passing that..

- some solar event, like a flare - or something big, will completly kill all our electronics and the entire human race would be back to ground zero.

Just one of a few.

They are all guesses, anyways. We don't know.
edit on 13-4-2011 by derickonfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What is coming you ask?..............Well,...... change my friend,
Change for the better.
edit on 13-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Nice thread! I don't really know if something is going to happen in 2012.
But if something were to happen, I believe it would be an evolutionary step.
I think that the next chapter in human evolution is going to be mental, not
physical. So, my guess is.. maybe our brain could finally find the key to
unlock the fourth dimension, the time *
edit on 13-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

personally, I think reality is open to just about whatever the combined consciousness of the human race can imagine, it's just a matter of what wins out in the battle of supremacy within that consciousness....
every once in awhile, in human history there have been something that is like a focal point.....the birth of christ, well, generations before that were looking to that time in history for great change, those of us who came after, look back at it....we all focus our thoughts to that one point, add our energy to that time frame, think of what it was, what it meant, ect....
well, 2012 is just the next focal point, and this one comes from many cultures (although I do believe the last one had similar myths within other cultures...)
what comes, what happens, well, it's gonna be defined by what all those people thought before us, and the energy they sent to that spot in time, along with what we think, along with what those ahead of us will think??

Personally, I don't believe the world is gonna end, and well, just like it took centuries for the birth of christ to influence reality to a great extent, 2012 is just kind of like the midpoint of a great change...
kind of think it just might pass with little or no noticeable change at all....
and well, we might die not really knowing what has occurred.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What's coming?
Well let me give you a hint, the future doesn't look like Star Trek- it looks like Mad Max.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
In the broad sense?? Nothing.

The disease of Fear is spreading and growing stronger day by day. It is encompassing our once beautiful planet.

Fear- paranoia- people get edgy- tension- violence........

It seems that many people are "preparing" themselves for "survival" by stocking up on mass amounts of weapons and ammunition. Yaaaayy. Nothing bad has ever come from that type of thinking.

So what is actually going to happen?
Nothing, other than the general collective consciousness of a world being controlled by fear.

It may not be next year, and I will not guess as to will it eventually will happen, but in the end, the demise of the human race will be caused by none other than humans.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be this,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/727f0ad15867.png[/atsimg]

edit on 13-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: linkification to add clarification

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
January 2013...

MOTF!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

I wouldn't be surprised if it was this,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/727f0ad15867.png[/atsimg]

I'm not sure if I'd be surprised or not, since I have no idea what that is.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
Change for the better.

Okay, well, that's not too general. Change. The Dark Ages was a change, and for some, it was better. I don't know. I was hoping for something more specific.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You're an articulate person, and I appreciate the depth of your thinking.

The truth is that humans are very good at offering their opinions, the trouble is that most opinions should be disregarded immediately. Mankind claims to be enlightened. To have the answers. The truth is, we know nothing for a fact. Whether you believe in science, or God, or both, it comes down to the same thing... faith.

You can take all the "scientific proof" in the world, or all the "religious conviction", but all your left with is the satisfaction of your own sense of logic - does it make sense to you.

Personally, if I ever met them, I probably wouldn't trust 99% of the people on all these consipracy websites to tie my shoes. Let alone shape my belief system.

If God exists, then we can have no way of knowing what the future holds. If 2012 is going to be a changing event, then we have no way of knowing what the future holds - because either it will be a naturally occuring event, which no-one has control over - or it will be an event manufactured by man to fit a more sinister agenda. In which case it is unlikely to have the effect it desires, and we will have no idea what the future holds.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72

Nice thread! I don't really know if something is going to happen in 2012.
But if something were to happen, I believe it would be an evolutionary step.
I think that the next chapter in human evolution is going to be mental, not
physical. So, my guess is.. maybe our brain could finally find the key to
unlock the fourth dimension, the time *
edit on 13-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

So, this is a specific change, but what sort of agent would be able to transform the neural structure of our brains to allow them to unlock time as an accessible system? This is where I fall down and can't get back up again. I don't know that such a widespread transformation is physically possible, and if it's not physically possible, then it's not mentally possible.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by meathed
Change for the better.

Okay, well, that's not too general. Change. The Dark Ages was a change, and for some, it was better. I don't know. I was hoping for something more specific.

Well the dark ages were not for the better Read your history, so lets just say it will be better than the dark ages.

And they call me meathed

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
At certain times in history for different reasons, man turns to highly apcocalyptic or eschatological strains of religion or thought in general. I think the closest cognate to the current millieu might be the late 19th century and the early 20th, right before World War I. The major economies were coming off an unprecedented 40-year boom of peace and relative expansion. And yet there was a feeling of high nervousness and uncertainty in the air. It was as if everybody sensed the good times couldn't last, that something horrible is coming down the pike. And they were right. (WWI). You have all types of strange congruencies with our own time: a fin-de-ciecle culture of decadence, preoccupation with intense religious revivals and new esoteric and mystical ideas, new political ideas, new technology, unprecidented inequality (robber baron era, imperial wars, etc), new powers on the rise and old ones on the wane, and so forth.

2012 as a number is ultimately just a lodestone for these cultural feelings, a point for them to crystalize around. Like all myths it contains valuable information but it is best understood on a metaphoric rather than literal level. The feelings and trends articulated by "2012-ism" are very real, even if specific date-setting or ideas about what exactly will happen are off.
edit on 4/13/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alienresident

And the self proclaimed alien thinks he knows people???????????
Look at your name. Your are an alien, so dont declare that you know the rest of us real humans.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
A distorted magnetic/gravitational field that will momentarily dissolve and suspend the fundamental forces holding everything together. This will allow the individual awareness to see all levels of reality simultaneously. For those that have prepared for this, they can use this suspension of the physical laws to transfer their consciousness to the level of reality that they best fit in. For that that are not ready, they will have a brief glimpse of the true nature of reality before finding themselves back in their physical form.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienresident

You're an articulate person, and I appreciate the depth of your thinking.

The truth is that humans are very good at offering their opinions, the trouble is that most opinions should be disregarded immediately. Mankind claims to be enlightened. To have the answers. The truth is, we know nothing for a fact. Whether you believe in science, or God, or both, it comes down to the same thing... faith.

You can take all the "scientific proof" in the world, or all the "religious conviction", but all your left with is the satisfaction of your own sense of logic - does it make sense to you.

Personally, if I ever met them, I probably wouldn't trust 99% of the people on all these consipracy websites to tie my shoes. Let alone shape my belief system.

If God exists, then we can have no way of knowing what the future holds. If 2012 is going to be a changing event, then we have no way of knowing what the future holds - because either it will be a naturally occuring event, which no-one has control over - or it will be an event manufactured by man to fit a more sinister agenda. In which case it is unlikely to have the effect it desires, and we will have no idea what the future holds.

And yet, so many people are expecting something that will overhaul the entire human experience. A catastrophe would be just another catastrophe - ask those folks in Japan about how it feels to have the world transform in catastrophe. The catastrophic meme is perennial in this world, as is the authoritarian domination concept. Nothing transformative in either for the human being as a whole. Each person experiences the entire world as it comes at them from instant to instant, so a global version of what people have always experienced as the entire world anyway doesn't seem to fit the requirements in this situation.

I appreciate your suggestion, but I'm not convinced that this whatever-it-is can be lumped in with what's already occurred so many times in the past. Not if all of these calendars and prophesies are to be embraced concerning this one pivotal point in time.
edit on 4/13/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think, "the age of meeting ourselves again," is a perfect way to put it.

I believe we will see the generations, upon generations, upon generations of lies and manipulation to the human race come undone in one fell swoop.

The only possible way for us to move forward as a race of beings, is to not only realize, but to understand that the religions we have all held so dear, have been rooted in illusion, not reality. As we put our faith in a God to dictate our lives, we continue to look outward. This takes the focus off of us utilizing and understanding our true power as a being. We forget our true free will, true self responsibility. We create our own lives and decide our own decisions to create our own outcomes. We create the world we live in and everything about it.

We will learn that we were not created by seemingly meaningless acts of nature put forth by the laws of physics.
That our true essence, our true selves, are spirit. We are spiritual beings. Thats who we are, thats what we are. We are ageless, we are infinite.

We will recognize and associate ourselves more with the trees, the grass, the ocean, the air, the Earth, more so than with our homes, our TVs, our SUVs, and our video games.

We are in fact, much much more than we can even comprehend.
We are in fact, Gods.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join