It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But what of the animals left behind in Japan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by FoJAk

Any extremist animal lover would think the same, but the priority is Human kind, unfortunately Nobody puts animals above humans especially not the japanese (who eat dogs) Its a shame but the worldwide way of thinking at the moments is that animals just dont matter

edit on 13/4/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

Now, I don`t know where you go the information about Japanese people eating dogs. I know they do so in China, Korea and parts of Indonesia, but not in Japan. The pet industry has been increasing in Japan and many more people now own dogs (usually small size given the sizes of the houses in which they live) and many more buildings now allow tenants to have pets.

The way they treat their pets however is totally different. Being the contradictory population that they are - of course, you will have owners that look after their pets as family members and treat them like living beings and the way they are supposed to be treated - whilst there are others who just buy pets for their own selfish needs - to show them off and/or to just feel less lonely when they come back home. A lot of people buy dogs, go to work early in the morning, come back late at night (we all know that Japanese working hours are long) and leave their dogs in tiny cages all day long.

Regarding Fukushima - I have seen various photos of people carrying their dogs with them - I don`t think everyone left them behind. Or possibly, many dogs just left of their own accord, fearing and feeling what was happening.

However, coming back to the dog industry in Japan - (I actually wanted to start a thread on this many times in the past but never did)....it is an ugly one...

This video shows how they kill stray dogs (and not only strays) in Japan. More than 300 000 a year. Now, couldn`t they find a less gruesome way of doing it? It`s quite shocking....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There have been many examples from disaster areas from USA, UK etc where people have left animals tied up or locked in rooms. Horses, dogs etc. That is what I find unforgivable as they didnt even have a chance to try and survive.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Alright! Well, it looks like some people who do care are going in at their own risk to help rescue the left behind pets and animals. Wow, bravo!

www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/04/13/lah.abandoned.animals.cnn?hpt=C2

"Activists sneak to rescue dying animals"
Hope they are careful though.

edit on 4/14/2011 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
mans best friend?
who needs enemies

much life will die here
man dog cat bird tree fish
for many it will be slow and painful
and then the mutant off spring for generations...
just look at some Falujah baby pix

next it will be to hell with the women and children...

by all means save yourself

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

The Japanese were given some hours to evacuate. They knew it would be weeks or months before returning- if ever. It takes one second to unhook a dog chain. It takes one minute to put a bullet in the brain of a cow or sheep or horse- or knife to the throat or even to open a gate to at least give them a chance to drink water and eat until death overcomes them. You act as if there were no options.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If you own a horse and you know a hurricanne or other is comming, you are supposed to spray paint your name and number on the animal. Also these animals can be microchipped. You are supposed to have an evacuation plan in place months ahead for equines. Being responsible, means being responsible always.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join