It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But what of the animals left behind in Japan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I know right? If I understand what your saying correctly, I agree. It's sad. Even if they wanted to save them, they are most likely too highly contaminated to be cared for.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
I am so f#&*%ed off that the man did not release that dog that was tied up! If it were me, I would have set it free and gave it a good chance of being free! I hope that helpless dog doesn't become an aggressive and hungry dog's dinner because he can't get away! Some people just don't think - they are ignorant and stupid I swear and what a total tool!!! Great that he left that cat inside the house too with no food - could quickly smash a window and let it out but no... it BELONGS to someone else as a pet! Animals are not objects to always be owned... some people and I were not made with the same quality parts if you know what I mean... yeah I am f$#%ed off!

I agree with your mood. We saw the same thing here after Hurricane Katrina, I live about six hours from New Orleans where they bore the brunt of it. I was in contact with a lot of the grassroots rescuers. The stories I could tell you are heartbreaking, even worse than what you saw here, and yes it happened in the U.S., not a third world country. It helps to focus on the rescues that are happening, the animals that are saved, even though there is not an official rescue going on. All the grassroots animal rescuers from ALL over the U.S pulled together, defied the officials who tried to stop it, and saved probably ten thousand animals. It looks like the same thing is happening in Japan. My heart and positive thoughts are with them.

edit on 13-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
I am so f#&*%ed off that the man did not release that dog that was tied up! If it were me, I would have set it free and gave it a good chance of being free! I hope that helpless dog doesn't become an aggressive and hungry dog's dinner because he can't get away! Some people just don't think - they are ignorant and stupid I swear and what a total tool!!! Great that he left that cat inside the house too with no food - could quickly smash a window and let it out but no... it BELONGS to someone else as a pet! Animals are not objects to always be owned... some people and I were not made with the same quality parts if you know what I mean... yeah I am f$#%ed off!

I'm upset too! Hell, if it were my dog, I would desperately want someone to set him free. This breaks my heart to see all these poor innocent animals like that. They must be wondering where is my family? Why did they abandone me? Poor little darlings.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

No one is trying to argue here.
Your negative attitude and false accusations are an attempt to derail this thread for reasons i do not understand. You obviously disagree with the whole idea of this thread. So while I can not request you stop posting, as it is your right, please stop wasting our time and simply move on. I posted this thread to discuss the plight of the animals and you are consistently off topic.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Yes, I completely agree. To many their pets are the same as their brother, sister, or family member. I consider my dog one of my babies.

Animals are not pawns. They have souls and they deserve to move to higher ground and be safe.

Exactly.
Thank you for your input here.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

Hmmmm, good question. I have never seen an animal scrubbed down because of contamination from radiation. I guess I must contradict my earlier response where I said, "Yeah....
Didn't think so." in relation to them not being able to be cleaned was not well thought out. If humans can be scrubbed down etc. than it must be possible for an animal. Still, it is probably the thought process of people such as TedHodgson that this doesn't happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on 4/13/2011 by FoJAk because: Whoops. Double post.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Wow. I completely forgot how that happened in Katrina with the animal rescues. I can only hope that attempts as such in Japan won't cause any cross contamination with the radiation in the people. Those are are some brave people.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk

I know right? If I understand what your saying correctly, I agree. It's sad. Even if they wanted to save them, they are most likely too highly contaminated to be cared for.

Don't give up hope, my friend. During Hurricane Katrina the officials tried to scare off the animal rescuers with all kinds of fear-mongering (exposure to toxic chemicals, serious diseases, on and on). I know it's not the same as Radioactive contamination, but the animal rescuers prevailed, and many animals' lives were saved that would have been left to die. I have a strong feeling the same will happen here.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by FoJAk

the japanese (who eat dogs)

this is a chinese cuisine your speaking about mostly eaten by the poor and traditional. It is eaten in some areas of japan but not the parts that have other stuff to eat.

im a vegetarian personally, but i feel in this situation they should look at the animals as food if necessary.
edit on 13-4-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

We can only hope
my friend. That would be really great if people can safely go in and start saving as much human and animal life as possible. We saw in Haiti how long trapped people can survive. Like you said though, the radioactive element makes this situation quite different. All we can do is be positive and hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I suppose in certain very minor exposures it is possible

in this case, at these levels
and with the water action involved...
not the same
between the fur which isn' tlike cloths which are easy to descard
also if the animals have ingested any contaminated prey.....or WATER

if the pet becomes an emitter thats it.
and the reactor with plutonium MOX in it....
well
If you injest a couple specs of dust
that got to near a spec pof plutonium...

and BTW did you see the part where i said they can't pick up the dead PEOPLE
for burial because the level of contamination is so high?
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread!

Links of ways to help animals in Japan:
www.globalanimal.org...

Here at Global Animal, we believe that helping injured and displaced pets is a profound and direct way to support the people of Japan. Of course, aiding animals is in addition to, not instead of, assisting people; suggesting it’s one or the other is obviously a false choice.
-from Globalanimal.org.

Food donation, just by answering a question each day, mostly for US shelters but also they have days where they donate to Japan:
www.freekibblekat.com... dog and cat food donations.
edit on 13-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

People need to realize that by helping animals theya re helping people too
edit on 13-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: more stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

My deepest admiration goes out to all of the rescuers who are braving the risks to help
these animals return to their owners and survive. I agree! The impact this has on people who have lost everything, and to find that some piece of their life is still there(their pet) makes all the difference.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

BTW did you see the part where i said they can't pick up the dead PEOPLE for burial because the level of contamination is so high?

Man, that is just so sad. To not even be able to collect a dead loved one and give them a proper burial.
Just sad.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Animals have natural instincts that will help them survive. If they weren't pets then they'd be wild animals and like in the wild, some will live and some will not.
What about all the wild sea creatures thats been washed ashore lets save them too.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

I suppose in certain very minor exposures it is possible

in this case, at these levels
and with the water action involved...
not the same
between the fur which isn' tlike cloths which are easy to descard
also if the animals have ingested any contaminated prey.....or WATER

if the pet becomes an emitter thats it.
and the reactor with plutonium MOX in it....
wel
lIf you injest a couple specs of dust
that got to near a spec pof plutonium...
edit on 14-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

and BTW did you see the part where i said they can't pick up the dead PEOPLE
for burial because the level of contamination is so high?

Yes, I saw that. It's a good point, but also remember that the corpses have been exposed to the elements the whole time, probably even been floating in the highly radioactive contaminated water they've been dumping/ leaking from the reactors. By the animals own instinct, the animals would have sheltered themselves as much as possible from the elements (or been stuck inside houses limiting their exposure)....

edit on 14-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Who cares about animals? It's way, way, way more important to rescue all the humans, they come first and should be the top priority. Next priority would be to clean up the mess and try to rescue japan somehow and somehow to manage that not more radiation spreads throughout the world.

How anyone in this situation can think or 'cry' about some stupid animals is something i can't and won't understand.

Let them die, nobody needs contaminated animals that could possibly spread diseases to humans.

This is exactly the attitude and behaviour that has the Earth in an exteme mess. Who says human life is more valuable or important than any animal's life on the planet?! This is your opinion and it is not a selfless spiritual one. Many dogs exhibit far finer personality traits than some humans walking around. If man, the Japanese,
had put ten minutes into considering the long term consequences of the nuclear reactors, then maybe they should have built them on the top of a hill, or not built them at all... When you play with nuclear power there are
hidden consequences. I watched my father die of chemotherapy (radiation poisoning) over 9 months, it was a
painful miserable death. I would not wish this on any living soul. It is time for free clean energy, there is no other solution.

The people of Japan have a moral obligation to take care of the animals as well. Life is about excepting and exhibiting responsibility, no matter how dire the situation is.
edit on 14-4-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by frugal because: spelling errors

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

I doubt so. All are washed away or died due to nuclear spread. Humans can protect and run, what about animals?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The thought of the animals...pets, farm or wild being left tears at my heart. In the same situation my first priority would of course be getting my family to safety at all costs...but to be honest, I think if I were in Japan right now, regardless of radiation levels I'd probably try to go back for my pets...at the very least to leave some food and water.

My pets are very important to me and they're completely innocent, loyal and without a mean bone in their body...can't always say the same of most humans!

After dealing with the first shock of being evacuated and the second of the radiation, I'd probably break down and cry for many many days/weeks/months at the pets I had to leave behind

Michelle

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join