It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But what of the animals left behind in Japan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am so f#&*%ed off that the man did not release that dog that was tied up! If it were me, I would have set it free and gave it a good chance of being free! I hope that helpless dog doesn't become an aggressive and hungry dog's dinner because he can't get away! Some people just don't think - they are ignorant and stupid I swear and what a total tool!!! Great that he left that cat inside the house too with no food - could quickly smash a window and let it out but no... it BELONGS to someone else as a pet! Animals are not objects to always be owned... some people and I were not made with the same quality parts if you know what I mean... yeah I am f$#%ed off!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Who cares about animals? It's way, way, way more important to rescue all the humans, they come first and should be the top priority. Next priority would be to clean up the mess and try to rescue japan somehow and somehow to manage that not more radiation spreads throughout the world.

How anyone in this situation can think or 'cry' about some stupid animals is something i can't and won't understand.

Let them die, nobody needs contaminated animals that could possibly spread diseases to humans.

Seriously ??? A great mind once said, (I'll have to look up who it was, don't remember at the moment), "a country is no greater than the way it treats its' animals"
To help a suffering being is neither selfish nor a "waste of time or effort". What a soul-less statement you just made!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by FoJAk

Hyperthetical situation, IF there was no humans around to critisize the un-caring attitude toward animals would life just have continued on? Yes. an earthqauke would have happend, animals would have died and the circle of life would have continued, the fact is the Animals DONT Care, Who was there to help the dinosaurs? No-one.
Dont get me wrong i downright condemn anyone who would treat an animal like # but at the moment the meer fact that somebody thinks "we" should think about the Animals when there is still corpses of loved ones and indeed survivors left really does irritate me

IT was man who tamed and taught these animals to depend on him for EVERYTHING! Now to leave them suffering is unconscienable. Dinosaurs weren't taught to be HUMAN PETS. Big difference. Wild animals are wild. But pets are taught, out of loyalty, to obey, wait for, and depend on their owners. What a sick twisted view to just leave them suffering!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

reply to post by FoJAk

To any extremist animal lover would think the same, but the priority is Humans, unfortunately Nobody puts animals above humans especially not the japanese (who eat dogs) Its a shame but the worldwide way of thinking at the moments is that animals just dont matter
Oh please, that's not even true. If you're going to stereotype, at least get it right.

Back on topic: When you're running for your life (remember these people had less than 15min warning) there's no time to think, only to react. You also have to keep in mind that the areas hit the hardest were retirement areas (and some farm land), so these were old people 60-80+ years old... many of which don't own cars or drive, so how can they carry a pet while running for the hills? It's sad, of course. I'd be bawling my eyes out to leave a dear pet behind, but you have to consider that your entire neighbourhood was swept away, and that some of your friends and family didn't make it. All their memories replaced by a massive wave of death. There is just too much to handle, and I feel this topic alone is kind of selfish, sorry.
edit on 13/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

How exactly is starting this thread SELFISH??? How exactly does it make a choice whether to help a human or animal first? It is a sad situation being pointed out, if you didn't feel it was news worthy, then why did you waste your time to comment?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

So what your saying is no-body should have a pet in the first place, just in case a natural disaster comes along and they have no choice but to leave the pet behind! Cant beat that logic

So what about any other animal on land eh? They havent been trained but theve still got a problem when a wall of water starts coming, Your sense of reasoning is so messed up its not worth explaining.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by AdamsMurmur

en.wikipedia.org...

Japan

Dog meat was consumed in Japan along with cattle, horse, monkey, and chicken meat until 675 A.D., when Emperor Temmu decreed a prohibition on its consumption during the 4th-9th months of the year.[50] According to a book published in 1760, the meat of wild dog was sold along with boar, venison, fox, wolf, bear, badger, beaver and cat in some regions of Edo.[51] In 2008, Japan imported 5 tons of dog meat from China compared to 4,717 tons of beef, 14,340 tons of pork and 115,882 tons of poultry.[52]

If your going to critisize a post at least get it right, Fool.

Edit: If you want to be picky, they Eat dogs on Occasion.
edit on 13/4/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

Quit stereotyping!!! There are full-blooded Japanese who love dogs, and care about them as friends (NOT DINNER!) Full-blooded MORONS are on this site today, sorry FoJAk. Good topic, don't apologize. Don't feed the trolls.
edit on 13-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Anyone who would help an Animal over a concious and self-aware human with equal chances of survival should really question their way of thinking

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So what your saying is no-body should have a pet in the first place, just in case a natural disaster comes along and they have no choice but to leave the pet behind! Cant beat that logic

So what about any other animal on land eh? They havent been trained but theve still got a problem when a wall of water starts coming, Your sense of reasoning is so messed up its not worth explaining.

Where exactly did you get that logic??? Why don't you try quoting the words exactly that brought you to that twisted logic?
All I'm saying is that yes man has a responsibility to go back and help the suffering pets left behind after a disaster if he can.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Anyone who would help an Animal over a concious and self-aware human with equal chances of survival should really question their way of thinking

Did you try even reading, or just skimming? Where in this entire post did someone say it was a choice between person and animal? (besides you?)
edit on 13-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Of course he does! But im stating that poeple have priority in rescue, so everyone should go round looking for pets when theres still poeple trapped?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
thing is
if the animals are contaminated,
then they can't be allowed to be around anything that they could contaminate,
which would then become deadly foreever..
I mean they can't even collect some of the bodies because of the radioactive contamination

an oz of prevention would have saved a dogpound of cure..

PS I saw young Japanese couple playing with their pup in the park yesterday...
...If any of those pets' owners are still alive
you can bet:
Its just one more hot poker in the heart for them
in a whole bouquet of hot pokers in the heart

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: PS

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

As someone with no kids who may never have kids of his own, my cat is my responsibility and where I go, he will follow.

I do not care if I have to risk my life to save my cat.

Animals are not pawns. They have souls and they deserve to move to higher ground and be safe.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
thing is
if the animals are contaminated,
then they can't be allowed to be around anything that they could contaminate,
which would then become deadly foreever..
I mean they can't even collect some of the bodies because of the radioactive contamination

an oz of prevention would have saved a dogpound of cure..

PS I saw young Japanese couple playing with their pup in the park yesterday...
...If any of those pets' owners are still alive
you can bet:
Its just one more hot poker in the heart for them
in a whole bouquet of hot pokers in the heart

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: PS

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

If you can decontaminate people, why not animals?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I completely agree with your view on this situation,
Your opinion is most appreciated. Peace to you friend.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Thank you for this post. I was astonished at all the negativity I was being met with
about the animals in this disaster. I really feel like I was being attacked for caring about life. Really not what I expected to receive on this post at all. It's good to know that I am not alone in my views.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Really. I have already tried. This guy is just trolling. This post was about the sad situation that the animals are in at the moment. Never was the plight of the humans involved, ignored, nor put down in respect to the animals. I think he is just going for post points.
Just sad trolling.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

so everyone should go round looking for pets when theres still poeple trapped?

At no point was this ever said. Please try to stay on topic. This was a thread about the animals' plight.

P.S.
I think you meant to say "people". That's ok though. This isn't an English class.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join