It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But what of the animals left behind in Japan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I just saw this video this morning. It tugged at my heart, being the dog lover that I am. This is definitely not the prefered way to start the morning, but I wanted to help bring this to light. I hadn't actually even thought about this aspect of the disasters in Japan until I saw this video today. Apparently there were many pets/animals left behind in the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami. These animals were left behind and have little to no food, and no help in sight. Being that they have been exposed to the present radiation levels in the area I'm not sure what anyone could do for them, but maybe feed them and hope their demise is not a painful one. That is, if one wants to even risk entering the area. Unfortunately the outlook for these animals looks pretty bleak. I myself am not a religious person, but I ask all of you who are to please keep these little guys in your prayers. I myself hope them the best.
Below is the link to the video. I wasn't quite sure how to embed the video, as I am not that savvy yet. If someone can embed it that would be great. That way everyone wouldn't have to watch the commercial before the video. Thanks.

www.cnn.com...#/video/world/2011/04/13/ac.japan.quake.dogs.cnn?hpt=C2
edit on 4/13/2011 by FoJAk because: more words

edit on 4/13/2011 by FoJAk because: ditto

Apparently the link doesn't just bring you to the video, but to the video section. Not sure how to remedy this. Will try to figure something out. In the mean time, the video is called "Japan's four legged-Survivors". Sorry for any confusion.
edit on 4/13/2011 by FoJAk because: linky probs

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Any extremist animal lover would think the same, but the priority is Human kind, unfortunately Nobody puts animals above humans especially not the japanese (who eat dogs) Its a shame but the worldwide way of thinking at the moments is that animals just dont matter

edit on 13/4/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I am not an extremist animal lover, and I do understand that human safety is the main priority. I totally agree on that. I do care about all life though, and was just saddened by the fact that there is probably no hope for these pets.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You have zero time to escape a tsuanami. Those who survied will tell you, those who survied are the ones who can run the fastest.

What is tragic is the animals that get left behind. But it is not out of deceit or maliciousness, it just is.

In the US alone there are 25 million homeless animals, the shelters are full, shelters are even having trouble keeping up with the euthanasia.

Go to a third world country and the treatment of animals there is horrifying.

Spay and neuter your pets people.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

What is tragic is the animals that get left behind. But it is not out of deceit or maliciousness, it just is.

Exactly. In an emergency like that you better believe my wife and daughters are my first priority.

Spay and neuter your pets people.

Darn straight.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Radiation contaminated pets
can't be cleaned.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by FoJAk

To any extremist animal lover would think the same, but the priority is Humans, unfortunately Nobody puts animals above humans especially not the japanese (who eat dogs) Its a shame but the worldwide way of thinking at the moments is that animals just dont matter
Oh please, that's not even true. If you're going to stereotype, at least get it right.

Back on topic: When you're running for your life (remember these people had less than 15min warning) there's no time to think, only to react. You also have to keep in mind that the areas hit the hardest were retirement areas (and some farm land), so these were old people 60-80+ years old... many of which don't own cars or drive, so how can they carry a pet while running for the hills? It's sad, of course. I'd be bawling my eyes out to leave a dear pet behind, but you have to consider that your entire neighbourhood was swept away, and that some of your friends and family didn't make it. All their memories replaced by a massive wave of death. There is just too much to handle, and I feel this topic alone is kind of selfish, sorry.
edit on 13/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I'm sorry, I don't understand. How do you think it is selfish to post this topic? Wouldn't it be selfish to NOT care about anyone or anything else? I under stand that in an emergency situation my first priority would be me and my family members, and that's IF I even had time to think about it. All I am trying to say is that I hope these animals get some kind of relief. If that is being selfish, then consider me selfish as hell.
edit on 4/13/2011 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah....
Didn't think so.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

en.wikipedia.org...

Japan

Dog meat was consumed in Japan along with cattle, horse, monkey, and chicken meat until 675 A.D., when Emperor Temmu decreed a prohibition on its consumption during the 4th-9th months of the year.[50] According to a book published in 1760, the meat of wild dog was sold along with boar, venison, fox, wolf, bear, badger, beaver and cat in some regions of Edo.[51] In 2008, Japan imported 5 tons of dog meat from China compared to 4,717 tons of beef, 14,340 tons of pork and 115,882 tons of poultry.[52]

If your going to critisize a post at least get it right, Fool.

Edit: If you want to be picky, they Eat dogs on Occasion.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Who cares about animals? It's way, way, way more important to rescue all the humans, they come first and should be the top priority. Next priority would be to clean up the mess and try to rescue japan somehow and somehow to manage that not more radiation spreads throughout the world.

How anyone in this situation can think or 'cry' about some stupid animals is something i can't and won't understand.

Let them die, nobody needs contaminated animals that could possibly spread diseases to humans.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Dogs and animals are famous for running away from an area about to be hit by an earth quake...
It is said one should watch for this when living in an earth quake zone.
As a warning
So with the short or no warning..many probably pets couldn't be found...

I would bet some even died trying to find or save their pets...
just we would never know that

man this is bad on so many levels.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

yes screw them animals
man can't take responsibility for his mistakes
that would be so unfair.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I do agree with you that human life and the clean up are of main concern in this matter. The difference between you and I, however is our attitudes towards life. I myself respect all living things, plants, animals, and even people such as yourself. Hence, my caring about these animals.
You however seem to be only concerned with human kind, and this attitude is mainly the reason we are having this nuclear issue in the first place. If man cared for his environment and the life therein, we would be using different sources of energy than nuclear, but that is a different thread all together.
Anyhow, thank you for your opinion.
edit on 4/13/2011 by FoJAk because: for grammar

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Unfortunately FOjak they have been sacrificed as many others may as well be. Its a sad situation not to mention the mutations in the water and underground and above ground. This issue makes the data on the Georgia Guide Stones seem valid. S&f for caring for other inhabitants on EA..

Be well

edit on 4/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
mans best friend?
who needs enemies

much life will die here
man dog cat bird tree fish
for many it will be slow and painful
and then the mutant off spring for generations...
just look at some Falujah baby pix

next it will be to hell with the women and children...

by all means save yourself

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Hyperthetical situation, IF there was no humans around to critisize the un-caring attitude toward animals would life just have continued on? Yes. an earthqauke would have happend, animals would have died and the circle of life would have continued, the fact is the Animals DONT Care, Who was there to help the dinosaurs? No-one.
Dont get me wrong i downright condemn anyone who would treat an animal like # but at the moment the meer fact that somebody thinks "we" should think about the Animals when there is still corpses of loved ones and indeed survivors left really does irritate me

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by FoJAk

Any extremist animal lover would think the same, but the priority is Human kind, unfortunately Nobody puts animals above humans especially not the japanese (who eat dogs) Its a shame but the worldwide way of thinking at the moments is that animals just dont matter

I don't know if that's necessarily true, I believe sensible people have priorities. Let's try to save human lives first.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MIMRblazin

I think you misunderstood me, i was trying to make that exact point

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

That's fine. It is your right to disagree with me and not care about the condition of the animals. I in no way said I didn't care about any surviving humans. I hope they find many people. Hell, I wish this never would have happened. Your being irritated with my concern for life amazes me, though. I don't see what is so wrong with taking a moment to think, 'Man, I hope those pets make it somehow.' There's nothing wrong with a little positive thinking. Especially in times such as these. I never once said I don't care about the people, I said that I feel for the animals, and yet you talk like I'm some kind of loony animal activist that hates people. I feel you need to work on your negativity. Thank you for your opinion, though.
edit on 4/13/2011 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join